It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Deep Impact and Comet Elenin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before. I am merely pointing out similarities between the two. If I'm wrong about something please correct me. So let's begin:

I have been watching Deep Impact . It remarkably mirrors our current situation with comet elenin. In the movie the comet is called elle and it stands for extinction level event. The name elle was used as sort of a cover or subliminal message. Elijah Woods's character is named Leo and he was the first to discover the comet. The other discovers died in a car crash. The president is black. At one point at the party before the launch one of the astronauts chosen for the mission explains to a little boy about the comet releasing toxic gas when the sun hits the surface, I'm guessing that he was referring to the comet. This is not as significant because that is something we already knew comets do. When asked why this information wasn't released sooner the president says we did not know if we could stop it "they saw no reason to alarm the planet". In the movie they developed a new rocket that contains a nuclear reactor called Orion. NASA has been testing one such rocket already called Ares. One of it's main purposes is to make it easier for us to get to Mars...the name of that "Mars" mission is Orion. Once the Ares rocket couples with the Orion capsule the mission will be referred to simply as Orion. The rocket from movie also has six burners that they use after the first stage rocket has been used, just like Ares.

Fast forward a bit and we currently have a comet called Elenin on the way. It was discovered by a man named LEOnid ELEnin. As far as I know, the calculations are still being made to see how close it will come to Earth. Leonid is also the name of a meteor shower and where do most meteors come from? Well for the most part, from pieces of comets...

So if I die in a car wreck in the next few days its because I said too much or my fiance was driving.
edit on 2-5-2011 by infiniteobserver because: joke about my fiance

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes there are a lot of similarities between the two.
If you check out the link in my signature to Puterman's Elenin thread there is a lot of discussion about it right at the begining of the thread.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

Very good thread and LMAO at the fiancée joke

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I really don't think that Comet Elenin is going to hit us. Sorry.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Meteor showers are named by the constellation from which meteors appear to fall. ie, Leonids appear in the constellation Leo, Orionids from Orion, Geminids from Gemini.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This has all been stated numerous times, brother.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Also they show the gov packing away food and secretly preparing underground places to keep themselves and so others alive.(while telling the people don't hord food heehee)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ya based on their radiant...
I just find it odd that he is named after a meteor shower.

I could be part of the secret message
Right now its a comet but maybe its not the whole comet we have to worry, but the pieces it leave behind.
edit on 2-5-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here's a true story that I really have no way of proving, but I have no reason to make up.

On the evening of 3/10/11 (Right after the Japan Crisis began) I had the urge out of nowhere to watch Deep Impact again, I hadn't seen the movie in at least 7-8 years. I rip all my purchased DVD's
directly to my hard drive and use VLC media player to playback the AVI files. So I click on Deep Impact and notice it was a really long movie, over 2 hours. I decided to forward a little bit of the beginning to skip the boring parts so I slid the VLC cursor over an inch or so and playback resumed exactly when the Russian Astronaut says "Chernobyl". The irony of the quake in Japan happening and randomly fast forwarding to an exact moment where Chernobyl was discussed. He also said "Chernobyl almost worked" when asked what it was.

After experiencing such a bizarre coincidence, I decided to watch the whole movie from the beginning and pay close attention. The similarities between what happened in that movie and what is taking place in 2011 are strikingly close to each other. I hope all the coincidences are just that, but my common sense and knowledge of history won't allow me to be so gullible.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Whoa... Deja Vu!

I swear I have read this exact same thread 3 different times... to the word!

I'm not here to debunk your thread, but are you sure you didn't just copy and paste this??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

No I typed it all myself. I did make it a note on FB page. Yes it was copied and pasted. I copied it from the notepad I wrote it in and pasted it in the "Your opening post:" box.

You only think you have, that's why it called Deja Vu.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So then it's possible that either:

1) You have copied and pasted this to other discussion boards on the web?
or
2) Someone else has copied your work and pasted it to other discussion boards on the web?

Either way I have seen this before. Last time being about 2 and a half months ago.

Deep Impact is an excellent movie, by the way. It is in fact eerie in its relation to the goings on of today.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It was written this morning. I have been interested in the comet and only watched Deep Impact after someone posted the trailer in the underground base thread. I realized I had never watched it before. In fact, I haven't finished watching it yet because I kept pausing it to write stuff down.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that thread. All my information I got from two sky and telescope articles. Thank you though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
AND the President is Black !

Have you never noticed that old American disaster movies always have black US presidents...?

The movie has way to many coincidences for my liking !

s&f

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes, this is coding the matrix, and the way in which they do so much of their arranged disasters.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

the deja vu thing happened to me on another thread about the magnetosphere. I even posted in that thread to break the feeling of being stuck in a Groundhog Day kind of creepiness. In both our cases there are indeed similar threads our memories could be evoking. Yet like you, I got that word for word copy type of feeling. Strange, isn't it?

Getting back to the topic, has anyone ever seen who Leonid Elenin is or confirmed such a person actually exists? The odd matchyness of parts of his name to real associated phenomena like the Leonids and ELE acronym is just too pat to be mere coincidence. It is either one of those strange cases of the name matching up with a person's occupation or some Elite has a sick sense of humor. And yes it is a strange thing for the lead character in the movie to be named Leo. Leo DiCaprio not withstanding, Leo is not a typical leading man or boy name, either then or now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This post here www.abovetopsecret.com... by Immortalgemini527 pretty much gives us a big clue as to what they're doing. Steven Greer calls it Wierd Science and Frikken Magic.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Who here would know if you died in a car crash and looks like if something "funny" like that happened it
would only support your claim.
They say there are no coincidences..hummm..that saying scares me a little sometimes.
Maybe a nice hole in the sand in which to bury our heads would not be such a bad idea.
Maybe we should do that painting we always wanted to do..only do something positive for others.
Besides, if you believe in biblical predictions then you'd know all would not be lost..something would
be left which includes populations. It might be a scare tactic or a psyc operation but keep it simple.
It may BE a real coincidence after all.

;

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The reason the OP seems so familiar is because this is about the 290th thread comparing this stupid comet with the movie.

The search button can be a wonderful thing.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Abney because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join