It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find this stuff interesting. My main Hobby is UFO sightings. The osama stuff is sometimes entertaining, It's hard do digest some of it but hey this is ATS.The entire site is dedicated to this type of stuff man,it's brings out the best and worst on the net, it's all good. Put some whiskey in that coffee sit back grab some pop-corn and find some humor in it. I like jumping in and sometimes help feed the crazy but the crazy was already there before i posted.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmmo

^ This guy is totally a Disinfo Agent

I dont think this site has been "infiltrated" it's just the more mainstream the surface web gets the more noobs and kids stumble upon sites like this..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by mrmmo

^ This guy is totally a Disinfo Agent

I dont think this site has been "infiltrated" it's just the more mainstream the surface web gets the more noobs and kids stumble upon sites like this..

I wish i was getting payed to post here and on the SWTOR forums! hehe awesome man thnx

yeah ok...I work for them, but hey you gotta make a living.
edit on 3-5-2011 by mrmmo because: Got me!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but take a look at this article:

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Headline:U.S. Government Writes Software to Enable Squads of Propaganda Comment Trolls

Oh, and yes, I noticed a few years ago that ATS has obviously been infiltrated by government disinfo agents. Hard to not notice. I don't post or visit nearly as much as I used to, because you can't even have a decent discussion on ATS anymore without someone getting on and causing a huge argument. I've noticed their usual modus operandi is to get on, pick some tiny detail to go after, and start fights. So, eventually, the entire post becomes an argument about some inane little detail, and all hell breaks loose, and they have effectively disrupted the thread. Annoying little twerps.
edit on 3-5-2011 by nikiano because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If ATS had an ignore feature (maybe they do, I haven't found it being that I'm a new member sent into to disseminate disinformation), it would make it a lot easier to filter out the chronic BS-posters.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1442af22502.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As long as people are around here that still want to find the truth than the ship hasn't sank yet. You'd have to figure, to fabricate a story you have to make sure it appears a certain way from all angles. So from the MSM, to internet forums.. They have to cover the entire spectrum to keep people walled in. I can't say definitively that everyone spewing nonsense is an paid idiot, because they're entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. It becomes obvious though, when a person is on a forum not for discussion but to state their opinion as fact.

Best of luck separating the truth from lies everyone! When you think you've figured it out, look at it from a different angle again.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It's not like it would have been hard.

It's an internet website not the CIA, not some street gang..
All you have to do is sign up and you can start posting..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's a high compliment that ATS has been infiltrated. There's no reason to be surprised by any of this.

The Air Force contracted out a Persona Management Service last year on FEDBIZOPPS.GOV for 50 User Licenses with 10 Personas per user.

www.seankerrigan.com...

At least some poor bast*rds are getting some work out of it. Good luck to them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Truth is truth! "The fabric of our society lies on fabrication!" ~Lanrete~

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Paranoia strikes deep..
Now I know the reason why I stopped coming around the site..Because it's chock full of paranoia.
Never used to be like this,or at least not that bad..Yeah I reg back in 09,but I was a longtime lurker before I joined.Now today even the smallest of things have become an automatic conspiracy.Deny ignorance?more like deny,and ignore reality...

BOO,I'm the Boogeyman..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Is that Rubes? funny nonetheless.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
With unemployment at depression levels, BigGov takes the opportunity to hire a new crop of dis-info agents to disrupt ATS and other sites where truth is sought. Why? Because BigGov's #1 enemy is TRUTH. All BigGov can do is LIE.

Bring on the dis-info traitors who have sold their freedom for a few dirty dollars an hour.

Truth Will Always Win!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, looking at my join date you would think I was a newb, but you would be wrong! I was here when the site went live back in 1999 back in the days of the flame wars, 12 years ago the world was different but hell everything goes through change.

I like to contribute to my spectrum of interest, and that is a very narrow bandwidth on here but still the same I do contribute. Everyone has their niche, and I respectfully salute them. I tend to give the "Rabbit holes" a wide berth though.
edit on 3-5-2011 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This has now become my fav pic ever! Speaks volumes of our society!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VampyaEmpya

Yeah I know it does seem appropriate for ATS.

It seems all too often the Sheeple label get's tossed about when in fact many are just as well educated and or geopolitically aware as anybody else just not in lockstep with the masses on either side of an issue.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is funny now that you posted this i have notice there are a pattern on this forum too. Whenever OP post a new thread about certain topic it seems like 100% of the time OP gets attacked to the point where the original topic is barely discussed and lost in the arguments. I went to a few other forums sites and i notice on those other sites similar topics are posted and everyone on there seem to have a real discussions without the insult and the attack like ATS. From my join date and up until now i have been noticing this pattern. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Be advised

As many of you already know I and many others have been members here a few years and have seen some patterns develop when certain news events break and I'm well aware of this being a conspiracy site and all but, the last few hours ATS seems to have gone into OVERDRIVE

I swear, so much confusion flying around on ATS at the moment esp regarding OBL's death. I'm having a field day reading all the stereotyping and what appears to be blatant disinformation and smearing of news articles information.

It seems to me that there are quite a few "Newish" members [Not singling anybody out] who seem to be thread hopping from one thread to another. What happened to deny ignorance?

Has anybody else seen this or is catching the "Confusion" of reported stories here?
I dunno, maybe my tinfoil hat is a bit too tight this morning.

Walks off scratching his head to get some coffee

Carry on...

edit on 2-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by SLAYER69I swear, so much confusion flying around on ATS at the moment esp regarding OBL's death. I'm having a field day reading all the stereotyping and what appears to be blatant disinformation and smearing of news articles information.

So what? It's a conspiracy site after all. Let them run their course. ATS experienced members can surely deal with it.
Oops! Maybe they can't if they are leaving in droves!

An eye opening thread regarding ATS and how it has gone to the dogs which in a few months it will be a full year old. ---> Why are distinguished members who have contributed alot to this site over the last 5 years leaving?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I agree it's just a simple case of temporally hysteria like the feeding frenzy of sharks, wants the food is gone serene waters will take over once again :-)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I agree with you slayer. I registered a long time ago with an email that I no longer have access to and made a post similar to your. I've been a long time lurker and I've noticed the trends. I can tell you that what I am seeing currently is an enormous amount of what I call "trash threads" that I think are just used to muddy the water.

I think what we are seeing is the demise of the internet. We will eventually reach a point where you cannot distinguish man from bot and there will be so much automated filth that trusting anything on the internet will be impossible. At that point, it will be more about trying to determine if the "user" is a piece of software or a real human being. This will reach a peak when there are so many bots, they are engaging each other in "flame wars". This is just one of many reasons why I don't argue with "people" on the internet. Wouldn't it be lame if you found out you wasted hundreds of hours arguing on youtube comments or something similar only to find out later that those were probably bots.

I made this new account here on ATS without having to decipher one of those visual graphic things. So an entity could have a feature in their software that creates accounts without any kind of filter to block it on ATS. I think that is pretty odd for a conspiracy website not to have this feature.

We need more checks to verify that the posts made are indeed human. If you had to pass some kind of graphical/visual test before each post along with account creation, something that would be impossible for a bot to decipher, that would eliminate the vulnerability to these bot networks. Until then, you will never know if the zombie bot invasion has found your thread. I watch fox news to see what I'm supposed to think and then think the opposite. I hope I never have to do that with ATS. Peace out.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join