It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there really a underground bunker in brecon beacons wales???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
been reading a few posts about james casbolt and the underground bunker thats supposidly hidden in the brecon beacons. some of the stuff he comes up with is real debatable but as a local to the brecon area i can tell you alot of dodgy stuff goes on up there FACT!

i have been up there alot and had a REAL good look about.!!
my cb and scanners were jammed as soon as i got up there on every occasion?
ive also been moved on a few times by the military landrovers.
i dont know if there is a base up there but i know of an entrance that i think is real suspect.
im not going to disclose this so please dont ask ;-)
after abit of internet searching i found this..

there is a bunker in brecon but according to records it in the brecon barracks which is the regional seats of government rsg8 . but it could only accomadate 100 people?
www.subbrit.org.uk...

200 residents of eppynt mountain were all forced from their homes in 1940 because the army wanted their 40,000 acres of land for training purpouses...or to hide a bunker lol.
www.cymdeithasycymod.org.uk...
www.abandonedcommunities.co.uk...

even though everyone was supposed to move out there is still 1 farm up there that is strange..the farmer often lets his sheep out when there is a car rally going on.
gorse fach farm!! ;-)
www.secret-bases.co.uk...

there is also MILES AND MILES of underground caves in that area and a good few old skool mines that are dissused.
news.bbc.co.uk...

there is supposidly some kind of weather modification machine in use especially for the military to train in all wather conditions which i have seen with my own eyes when it was clear on one side of the road and foggy on the other. real freaky !!
www.arrse.co.uk...

there is a FIBUA "fighting in built up area" training camp up there that you can often hear gunfire and see smoke coming from there.
its also used for paintballing and was used for a theatre type show thing the other month but everyone who went to the show couldnt drive their own cars they had to be transported there and back on military type busses even though they were normal everyday people?
www.geograph.org.uk...
www.clickonwales.org...

there is an air pilots map that shows the danger area designation when flying over the beacons which is 23,000feet and occasional activity of 50,000feet! no comercial aircraft can fly this high!!!
they also talk of being chased off by the military landrovers the same as i have been.
www.truthseekers-uk.org...

another thing i found strange was NO HORSES are allowed up in that area.... but everytime i go up there i pass at least 10 of the massive horsebox type vehicles coming from that area driven by military people not your average horse jumper?
maybe they are using these to transport supplies/people/wepons without being too noticed?
once i saw 5 big trailer type lorrys with a big american hummer jeep on the back of each one heading to the area that was abit odd?
oh and theres also a drone aircraft that comes up from west wales to brecon/sennybridge area on a regular basis that they are testing.

so im not saying there is a secret underground base up there for 100% but something big is going on up there?

there is however a bunker in rhondda south wales under the courts which is due to close next month incase any welsh folks on here was wondering where to run to in the event of a nuclear attack
www.walesonline.co.uk...=13559804_method=full_siteid=50082_headline=-Cold---wet-monument-to-some-strange-war-idea s-name_page.html

theres also one or two dotted about in cardiff and brackla

if anyone else is from the area or knows of anything else please feel free to add.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To find out.

1) start digging
2) Make your own Ground penetrating radar, mini HAARP?
3) Knock on the front door and ask

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just saw a sci-fi channel programme on the same theme, except it was a debunking one making fools of all concerned. It's not a new show and goes back a bit, then the area you mention was "exposed" as a underground reservoir, while the chap involved who was saying the same as you, was made to look silly.
edit on 1-5-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
maggie thatcher turned alot of dissused reservoirs into bunkers ;-)
easiest way to tell a dodgy one is the type of locks they use.
if its a standard £10 cheapie then its a standard reservoir or pumping station.
or if its a £150 abloy lock then its abit strange?
theres 8 reservoirs in my area an only 1 has the £150 lock?
oh and the locks are the same one as on the brackla bunker in bridgend thats still alocked up and sometimes used for filming dr who
www.urbexforums.co.uk...

edit on 1-5-2011 by welshbeliever because: add link

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Posted a BIG thread about this earlier today
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

I think allot of what you are talking about can be explained by the fact that UK Special Forces Selection takes place around the Brecon Beacons rather than a underground secret bunker. Saying that there very well could be one kick about round there, loads were built during WWII. I just think allot of what you are putting forward in your argument for the existence of a secret bunker is very circumstantial and coincidental most of which points to UK Special Forces selection.

For example; cb radio’s being jammed, being moved on by military land rovers (SAS DS), clearing the area for military training, FIBUA, in fact everything military you have talked about can be contributed to special forces selection. Also the fact that there is only one farm, no horses and a cave network just means that there is a farm on the hills, very few horses and some caves, not that there is a massive secret underground bunker.

I am not ruling out its existence, but there is nothing in this thread to convince me that it does exist (sorry don’t have time to read through all your links) this thread also does not give me any information about what it is for or even if it is operational (I very much doubt that). I am really surprised, it’s quite clear that you have thoroughly researched the Brecon Beacons yet have somehow over looked special forces training as a alternative explanation to your “secret underground bunker” hypothesis.

So does the underground bunker in the Beacons exist, it might do but based on the information presented in this thread I would be forced to conclude that no, the bunker does not exist, the military presence and strange going on’s are just a by-product of special forces selection

edit on 1-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
thats why the thread is entitles "is there really a underground bunker in brecon beacons"
im not saying there is a bunker up there but everytime a casbolt thread comes up about it someone brings up the breacon base he talked about.
also try reading the threads and there is NO HORSES ALLOWED at all...not one single one.! the last horse seen up there was SHOT dead!!
so why the need for so many horse boxes.
also why did they move everyone out from their farms except 1 farmer?
just some things dont add up is what i was saying.
yeah theres a massive military operation going on up there with training and stuff but there could easily be something hidden underground in the area

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Read a few books by ex-SAS types, there is more than one farm, in fact the farmers are all warned around the time of selection not to give hospitality to any of the soldiers undergoing selection. With that in mind I would also assume that these farmers have horses and that your sources are just rubbish. In any case, even if you are correct about the farms and the horses (and you’re not) how do you get from that to “secret underground bunker”?

I just noticed that you used ARRSE as a source, its just a online forum for squadies to spread around jokes, and gossip on the forum. You cannot use a online forum as evidence that a weather modification machine exists.

Sorry to smash your thread, but really Brecon Beacons and SAS selection is very well known and just about everything you are talking about in this thread points to the by-products of selection.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
do your research about the horses and farms on eppynt dude.
www.abandonedcommunities.co.uk...
No other livestock are permitted in SENTA. In the early years horses used to wander into the area. One was spotted in 1954 and promptly shot.

im a local lad who has lived here for the last 35 years !
just because you have read a book about the place it doesent mean you know every square ince of it ;-)

edit on 1-5-2011 by welshbeliever because: add link

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You being a local means nothing, I checked out a few of your sources. They are all just utter rubbish, I mean the one about the weather machine comes from a website squadies use for laughs and I couldn’t find anything about this machine on the forum, speaking of which you still have not told us how you over looked special forces selection. If you were local to the area, then you would have been used to this type of activity and as such dismissed it.

And not “a” book but several, this does not mean I have a strong geographical grasp of the area but it does give me enough basic information to know you are wrong. Horses riding is permitted in the Brecon Beacons, just check out the link bellow. You have yet to explain to me how this means that some secret bunker exists, what this secret bunker is for and if it is still operational. Really think about this, you are saying in that last post that horses get shot on site if they are found in the Brecon beacons and this means there is a secret bunker. Two problems, horses are allowed in the Beacon Beacons and your bunker probably does not exist.

your horse is safe in the brecon beacons!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
im talking about up on eppynt.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Nope, your OP is quite clearly taking about the Brecon beacons (all of it). And could you explain the connection to your believe that there are no horses and the existence of a secret underground bunker in the Brecon beacons.

OR

Just admit your wrong and move on, nothing wrong with admitting when you’re wrong it’s a sign of strength of character.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
lol aye aye.
mynydd eppynt aint even in the brecon beacons national park so yeah horses are allowed in the national park...but not up on eppynt which is still part of the brecon beacons..but not the national park ;-)
cant be asked to argue with u but if u want to come down anmd stay at mine for the night and go ride a horse up on eppynt to see if your a;llowed id more than happy let you stay and video your little horse ride just incase lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Funny you should say that just found this of an official horse riding website,

Trans Wales Trail The BIG ONE! Will only suit fit Intermediate & Experienced riders , this route covers up to 120 miles over 6 days. Travelling through the Black Mountains, Talgarth over Mynydd Epynt, Builth Wells, Cambrian Mountains, Rhayader, Elan Valley, Llangurig over Plynlimon down to Borth and finally to Ynyslas Beach on the Irish Sea! Cost from ££950 for a 7 day stay.

yes you read right over Mynydd Epynt!!!

horse ridding OVER Mynydd Epynt

Now could you please explain to me, why does any of this matter in the contest of a secret underground bunker? It is ridiculous of you to believe in the existence of an underground bunker because of a believe (a wrong one), that there are no horses aloud in that area.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
would it make you happy if i changed the thread title to "is there really a underground bunker in eppynt ,brecon beacons wales?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No it doesn’t matter, everything would still apply for example horse’s are aloud over there anyway, the military do testing round about there and I would imagine that Special Forces also train in that area. The point is that your thread is just wrong, everything you have wrote is wrong you need to learn how to critically review your references.

The point is and I am sorry to be so blunt. This thread is utter rubbish.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
id believe it when i seen it with my own eyes lol.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
chill ya beans, im not saying there is a base up there and most the stuff if put up in links is off the internet.
yea the arrse site is prob all jokes for squadies and stuff but the others like abandonded comminunities are all true!
what so your saying they dont march to eppynt every year?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
also the bridleway your talking about is eppynt way. seems like they gave them a little path they could use in 2003?

Being in the heart of a major tourist area, Commander Defence Training Estate Wales chose Sennybridge Training Area as having the greatest potential for safe public enjoyment. With the enthusiastic support of the local access groups and Powys County Council studies were initiated as to how this might best be achieved. It was concluded that it should take the form of a peripheral bridleway following varied terrain on or near the training area boundary, so routed that its use would not conflict with military training.

its no where near where the ranges are.. any untrained person or animal that could walk freely around where live fire is going on is just stupid.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well obviously certain areas are going to be closed of to the public and probably farm live stalk for their own protection on the ranges.

But you have yet to explain the inaccuracies and coincidences I pointed out in my original few posts. You are talking about a secret underground bunker in the area of the Brecon Beacons yet have shown nothing that suggests it exists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join