It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection : Can you make it stop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
since i was a teenager the paranormal has come quite easily. anything i've wanted to experience has come with great ease - luckily for me i'm too scared to delve any further than i ever had.

that held true until i started reading a bit about astral projection, years ago. how to relax, how to focus etc.

i have never tried astral projection due to sheer terror.

that changed tonight - i was tired of being scared, so i took all my knowledge and went for it.

as i was relaxing and focusing, i began to feel dizzy, i was spinning in my darkness, my body began to feel extremely heavy - that was enough for me to stop LOL

i looked up "symptoms" of astral projection and began reading that some of the things i was experiencing were signs i was on the right path.

here's the thing - i'm not ready, i'll never be ready. it's just not for me - but i have a concern, and it may sound naive and frankly dumb - but honestly i've searched the web for quite a bit about this question and can't find an answer ....

will i randomly project unless i want it to happen? for example - wake up and be off in astral world?

your responses are appreciated. thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domino94

For myself personally, it takes a great deal of concentration and relaxation through various methods to achieve OOBE or AP, and even then I have only achieved a handful of successful departures.

If you truly achieve it with such ease, for the sake of all of us who struggle go for it. With the proper precautions (which comes through reading everything you can find on the subject) it can truly be a life changeing experience.

Also, I highly reccommend reading up on other people's experiences projecting, it can truly give you alot more confidence that that you have a fair idea on what to expect, which might eleviate alot of that fear of the unkown I believe you have.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
People go astral every night in their sleep.. it's very natural.

One thing holds you back at the moment.. Fear. Your own fear specifically, of the unknown. Feel it and move on through it to clarity... or forever stay in the mundane.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have a friend that does it naturally, whenever she is given drugs to knock her out she goes there. Well... it's a little more than that. Let's just say I am always joking that somewhere, a native american tribe is missing their Shamen. lol

I think you have to be born with it for it to happen that easily though. She was.

Just try to avoid relaxation rituals for a while and you should be fine.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Best thing is to try when your asleep to do things you cant do in real life, which means you have to acknowledge to yourself that you are dreaming. The first thing I did after realizing this along time ago was to walk through a wall. Then I walked outside in my backyard which in reality was a bunch of mowed down weeds had become this beautiful garden and it was actually like a lot of fantasy art that I have seen in paintings. Anyhow I went to the back corner of my yard and some being taught me how to fly, it was kind of silly to think about but I started flapping my arms and sure enough I found myself about 15 feet high in the air and got scared and fell back down, I worked up some more courage and flew back to the house got scared and came down, then I worked up enough courage to try again, I flew for at least 50 miles and found myself landing on top of a house on the edge of a cliff and at that point I was pretty freaked out.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have never astral projected before.

However, I have experience something very very strange on a few occasions, by accident. This usually occurs when I am very tired, just waking up out of a deep sleep. Usually lying on a couch or a lawn chair.

When I try to wake up, my mind is conscious. I can hear the sounds around me, and feel my body. But when I went to move my arm or leg, it was like lead. I had to try several times, before finally, it would let go and I would wake up fully. It is a very scary feeling, like some unseen invisible force was holding my body in place.

Does anyone know what that might be?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Sleep paralysis. I have been strangled once by some entity with my own bed sheets upon trying to wake up but I was able to will it away with some extreme control. I have noticed also that when I have dreams where I can walk or run properly that when I wake up it's because my legs were crossed.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

What you are describing sounds something like sleep paralysis. With sleep paralysis you have control of your senses but you just cant move your body.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker7x3

Is it dangerous? Can I lose control of my body permanently from this? It really is an awful feeling, and I dread ever experencing it again.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Some incidents can be frightening due to the hallucination effect it has, for example, some have claimed to see demons, monsters, Old Hags (Incubi) etc. Many people have claimed this to be the reasoning behind most alien abduction cases.

I have never heard of anyone losing control of it, it just happens naturally most of the time. sleeping on your back due to spine position, stress, lifestyle changes, waking suddenly from a lucid dream, even alcohol consumption.

In order to achieve an OOBE or AP most will find this a necessary step, usually the body feels heavy and starts to tingle, you feel really relaxed and your breathing will slow, this is the beginning of sleep paralysis.

No need to worry though, it isn't dangerous just really uncomfortable, and if it something you have never experienced before it could indeed be very frightening.

Here is some more information on the event: Sleep Paralysis

edit on 29-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: Added link

edit on 29-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
To astral project, you must have no fears. Personally, my mind flows with too much thought. It isn't scarry. Its only scarry if you want entities to hurt you. You have nothing to fear but fear itself. Have fun in the astral plane, I might see you there =)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by TruthSeeker7x3

Is it dangerous? Can I lose control of my body permanently from this? It really is an awful feeling, and I dread ever experencing it again.

I have experienced this quite a few times. Im an insomniac, ive read articles that suggested it could be a side effect from a sketchy sleeping pattern. The first time it was the most horrifying thing i have ever experienced. The feeling of dread, paralyzed, seeing shadows everywhere, wanting my mouth to open and scream but cant.
Once I hallucinated that my closet door was opening (i had just finished working 4 am to 5 pm and conked out sitting up in my bed), the feeling of dread was there again paralyzed while sitting up, and watching my closet door open slowly...yikes. The after effect was quite unique to witness when my mind woke up fully and the waking world "melted" out the hallucination, is the best way i could describe the way it looked to me.
It happened a few more times after that, each time the once it clicked what was happening (since now my brain remembers "hey i remember this! im almost awake
" ) then pop you are awake.
Now I can say, even though still being insomniac, it hasnt happened in years. Or if it does my brain realizes to quick for me to experience it. Dont worry, its a natural function, terrifying in the process but, at night we shut down, almost literally.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Thank you for the informative replies. I always wondered what it was that happened to me. It was very frightning. Made me think that, what if I can't wake up one day and I'm stuck like that. And the second time that it happened to me, I didn't see anything, however, I felt, a dark presence. I don't know how to describe it, kind of like, knowing your not alone in a dark room.... I felt weird, something I never want to experience again. This really makes me question if demons, or ghosts or spirits exist. What lies in the subcouscious world that most of us never get to see? We spend almost half of our lives there, but have no memory of it. Only dream fragments, the human mind is very strange.

new topics

top topics

join