It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days to go untill Britains biggest ever media event!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Please refrain from posting any conspiracy, doom or gloom posts in this thread.

Just getting away from all the doom and gloom conspiracy threads for a moment, i just wanted to talk about one of the more happy events which will be happening soon, there is so much doom and gloom in our world right now with the wars and the economy, its refreshing to have something good to talk about, the celebration of a royal wedding, thousands of people and hundreds of media reporters are setting up right now as we speak in central london for one of the biggest media events EVER,

I know a lot of people on this forum think that the royal family are aliens or nazis, but please keep that to another thread, most people i know in the real world are looking forward to the day, and the street parties that will happen, since PM David Cameron warned counsils that they must close the streets if the public request it, the applications for road closures have sky rocketted around the UK with some towns/citys with over 100 road closures and a few with over 200.

If people got on with their own lives and enjoyed more of the good things in life, instead of following doom prophacies and conspiracy all day every day the world would be a much happier place to live, but instead people would rather wait in anticipation for the world to end and make up conspiracy theories that the US president and the queen are aliens from planet zuggerpluntoon, i hope some of you can enjoy this day, have a few drinks and seperate yourselves from all the conspiracy

Here are some videos with the most recent news first.

Latest news today: www.bbc.co.uk...

US AP media report from london:

US CNN ( British accent
)

Fox News headquarters in London

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Its a big joke! Oh and they are German not English! All I have to say to snobby Kate is, remember D

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I have fond memories of watching Dianna and Charles get married. Not because I saw a royal wedding on TV, but because I was with my grandfather when I watched it.

I’m going to try and continue the tradition and hopefully give my daughter a memory as well. Only I hope she will enjoy my company as I did with my grandfather.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
Its a big joke! Oh and they are German not English! All I have to say to snobby Kate is, remember D

Their ancestors were germans, but whats your problem, do you have something against germans? because i dont, williams and harry were born in england so that makes them just are british as you or me.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

your not funny... did you not read the op? you have been asked to please try and keep this thread clean.. and you reply to that by leaving nasty comments..

and to add to your german slur.. how many people in britain can actually trace their ancestry back and claim they are 100% english.. im sure very few would be able to do that..

edit on 26/4/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
While it is refreshing to hear news that isn't war/doom/gloom in the MSM, I personally think that the fact that we still celebrate royalty at all is archaic. I will not personally be celebrating or watching, as the matter has nothing to do with me. As far as I am concerned, the subject has as much weight in the MSM to me as a Lindsay Lohan court hearing, just with more airtime.

And while you are quick ask not to post anything about conspiracies, the majority of your OP is fodder for conspiracy arguments, which could just be an ingenious way of trolling, but who knows. Just thought that to be odd.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Lighterside because: typo correction

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by Itop1

I have fond memories of watching Dianna and Charles get married. Not because I saw a royal wedding on TV, but because I was with my grandfather when I watched it.

I’m going to try and continue the tradition and hopefully give my daughter a memory as well. Only I hope she will enjoy my company as I did with my grandfather.

Diana was such a wonderful person, she did so much for charity, did you see london when her funeral was held? i was there (not for the suneral) and there must have been millions of people in london on that day, everywhere you went the roads were jam packed shoulder to shoulder with people throwing flowers, even cars parked on the motorway....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Never mind, I feel bad now.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am so sick of hearing of this wedding. I cannot wait until the coverage of it is over and we can go back to our normal lives. I find no joy in seeing a couple get married that have no political impact in our modern world. In my opinion the UK is still stuck in the 1400s with all this buzz abut the prince and princess

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't understand the interest myself, not being British.
I hope they have a dandy marriage, though.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

A royalist eh. Thats your choice. And Harry is James Hewitts boy not Charles's. If you put the 2 photos together they look like twins or brothers with an age gap Surely you must know that! This one will go tits up like the ones before!! Its all a distraction from the reality of the present.

Enjoy the facade!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Speaking as someone who is half British & half Australian I find all this a bit of a bore. I just think so many of our TV channels (2,7,9 & 10) will be bogged with this ....... well ...... sigh! Thank goodness I have Foxtel! lol!

Having said that I wish the two of them well in their married life and hope no idiot ruins it for them on the day! After all they deserve it to go smoothly! Hope he get the couple years of privacy he requested from his mother as well!

By the way I am not an Australian republican just don't get into the Royal stuff!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What people forget is that the royal family isnt like what it was a hundred years ago, the majority of british like the royal family because it is Iconic, its what makes britian, britian, without the royal family we wouldnt have buckingham palace of half the landmarks and attractions we do now, yes sure you can get rid of them now and we would still have the attractions, but if we never had them we wouldnt have anything iconic except cheddar cheese and somerset cider.

I'm proud to be british and what a great city london is, surely i dont bow down for the queen but we have them to thank for having such an interesting city.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewSwann

You got it! Its all a well orchestrated distraction. When things are bad, arrange a royal wedding. But the majority of uk folk dont give a Sh.. and arent fooled anymore. The so called royal family are hangers on!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Harry is James Hewitts boy not Charles's.

A cheap shot that has nothing to do with thread! So what if he is his Son? At least Charles is good enough to accept him as his own! I am not a Royalist by any means but that is a below the belt shot uncalled for in this event!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

They are not nasty comments but well founded opinion backed by 75% of the uk population!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by AndrewSwann

You got it! Its all a well orchestrated distraction. When things are bad, arrange a royal wedding. But the majority of uk folk dont give a Sh.. and arent fooled anymore. The so called royal family are hangers on!!!

If you look at the poll, the sun did (one of UK's most popular papers) you will see more people are FOR the wedding than against, so i would say the majority are looking forward to the wedding, thats why they are expecting billions to tune in world wide, not because people dont want to watch it, but people DO, you only find the haters on the internet.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Its not about good enough he had no choice.
Good look to the to be nw's but beware K.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

The Sun!!! the most perverse corrupt untruthful newspaper in the uk's history.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
most people i know in the real world are looking forward to the day,

Really? Well the only people I know in this country who are "looking forward" to it are bored housewives who will watch it just to kill time until Oprah comes on.
I'm sorry, but I will not be "celebrating" anything to do with people like this:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join