It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Dilemma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are so many ideas floating around about disclosure. I think in order to talk about disclosure we need to talk about implications. What are they?

Social
Economical
Technological
Religious
Psychological
Political

Any extreme changes in one of the above categories can put the world into Chaos. The social change brought about by Facebook and the internet alone has put the mideast into Turmoil. In a matter of few months Dictators became prisoners by sheer protest alone. No armies, no weapons.

Put yourself in the shoes of those who hold the secrets to this mystery. It is virtually impossible to guess any outcome to the above mentioned implications by this disclosure. Pretend you are responsible for the human race.

Would you jump to Disclosure? I am not sure about many of you out there, but when i really thought about it, I hesitated.
The reason behind this is that i can show hard facts and videos and photos to some friends and they still laugh about the subject. Therefore their reaction for the most part in disclosure would be unpredictable.

In Addition:
The 29 documents by the NSA. The FBI files being released. UFO archives being released by other various agencies. Can these mean disclosure coming?

I believe that in reaction to the above mentioned implications the governments are trying to test public reaction. They do so by releasing a bit of the truth and seeing the implications of it. The soft disclosure as i like to call it seems to be the wisest solution. The great thing about this is that if any piece of information causes too much havoc, there is still room for discrediting it.

edit on 24-4-2011 by thelionofbabel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Dolan has a recent book about this here topic, only thing of his I havent read yet but its on the way....

www.afterdisclosure.com...

]You already know we are not alone. What happens when the powers-that-be publicly admit that fact? How will the truth change our society and your life?

BzRd-0001_2_3 We're Richard Dolan and Bryce Zabel, the authors of A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact. We believe that this book is the first work of non-fiction to exclusively tackle these questions about the new post-Disclosure winners and losers in government, science, religion, media, culture, law, education, and politics. Life will go on after the truth is told, but it will never be the same.

What follows below this box is the actual word-for-word "Introduction" to A.D. After Disclosure. We've posted it so you can get a feeling for our writing and for the content we'll be discussing in the 321 page hardcover edition. If you like what you read, you can order the book now by simply clicking on the PayPal button in the left sidebar

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thelionofbabel

I think one of the major reasons that disclosure hasn't happened and one of the major implications is among the same reasons the US has gotten into all sorts of wars-OIL and GREED. If disclosure were to happen, then people would realize that there is all sorts of alternative tech (and has been since Tesla or before, but that's another story) that would free us from our dependence on oil and the current energy methods. A lot of really rich and powerful people would suddenly lose their stranglehold on our lives and wallets. They can't let that happen...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thelionofbabel

You forgot "physical".
Sure physical effects would stem from psychological trauma, but these effects could be lethal for some.
A few years ago some Australian researchers doing work on a tiny Pacific island were introduced to a tiny tribe of people who had few connections to the outside world. As a treat to one of the more helpful "Youths" in the tribe, they offered to take a boy back to Sydney to show him around while they resupplied. The boy had never been on a motored craft before and his only knowledge of planes was the tiny gleaming objects that passed over the island from time to time. The boy's parents allowed the boy to go, and when he arrived in Sydney, the boy died within a day. The shock of "our reality" was too much for him and he passed away from what I'm guessing was some sort of shock.
This would likely be the case should the truth about our "reality" be revealed. There are talks that the technology we use is hundreds, if not a thousand years behind what is really being used and developed (reverse engineered or direct gifts from extraterrestrial friends). While many open minded people would be screaming to the top of the world "I KNEW IT!!", there are plenty who would have their world crash down around them, especially the few who believe the world is 8,000 years old, and that Dinosaurs walked with man if they believe they existed at all.
I saw a disaster documentary once that said during a global catastrophe about 1% of the population will literally sit down in a chair and die of either shock, or from starvation from being unable to move.
Humans are funny creatures. Our minds are capable of limitless potential, yet so many limit themselves to maintain their illusions.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If you are on these forums i suppose you are a believer or atleast open minded enough to have considered it. The question to you believers is, if you had the power and considering the unpredictable implications, would you disclose?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Personally ive seen enough sci fi fantasy alien movies to where it wouldn't surprise me at all. Its 2011 keeping secrets like that just doesn't matter anymore just disclose already get it over with.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I see no dilemma in revealing the truth. But there are going to be negative effects regardless of when it is disclosed. We're going to have to deal with it eventually. The sooner, the better.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I had the Disclosure bug but after endless you tube clips of nothing or CGI's I'm getting the feeling that the game is still one of making fools of people who want to believe.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not so sure that the powers that be know any more about UFO's than those of us that have seen them. What if they are what many believe, as I do, that they are spirit beings. How are you going to disclose that without causing turmoil? I think the public would rather believe they are just space travelers, but the implications of the former is just too much for many to handle.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You mentioned that your friends discount what you would tell them, etc.

It is most likely because they are your friends and they know you. You probably do not have any major persuasion of giant, life-changing information and - because they are your friends and know you - it is easier to say no to you. Another reason with them being friends and not believing you is they simply may not respect you belief on this.

Kind of like the salesman's problem. A good salesman will tell you it is much harder trying to sell to your friends or fmily, because they have a bond that makes it easy to say 'no'

This is a question for the skeptics out there:

If the powers in control had this information to release, would you want them to release it or would you remain entrenched in ignorant bliss?

Would the irrefutable evidence of alien visitation were openly displayed would it change your world?

Do you think you would be more shocked than someone who has always believed?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What if the issue of disclosure is linked to some other variable such as the "entities" themselves asking / preventing disclosure from taking place until they have reached some kind of agreement with the PTB or they have obtained enough "immunity" from our terrestrial biology to be able to muck around in public without it being an issue or some such thing. What if exposure to the aliens themselves even though unintentional is harmful to the human biology and something still needs to be worked out? So many what if's to consider, so little itme ? !

new topics

top topics

join