It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I recently had a very strange experience like this myself. I found it to be very strange and mentioned it to a few friends but had not questioned it until really reading this thread. I was finished school for the night and was waiting for a bus to pick me up with my friend so we could go downtown. This is a trip I take twice every single weekday and am pretty familiar with the ride. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to drive up the highway and get to school if it is a smooth ride with no interruptions.
I remember distinctly waiting for the bus and asking him what time it was as I was looking over the scheduled stops. He informed me that it was 8:58 which i confirmed by looking at his phone which was 2 minutes away from when the bus was scheduled to pick us up. We waited for it, and to me it felt like about 2 minutes before the bus arrived. It appeared to be right on time. During the course of the trip me and him got lost in conversation until the point where our journey was almost over and I once again asked him what time it was. When he told me what time it was I could hardly believe it. I had to double check the phone just to be sure he wasn't joking. It was only like 9:06. Which seemed absolutely amazing to me. This is a journey I take twice a day and it always takes at least 20 minutes, however on this day we seemed to m
ake record time and making it to the station within about 6 or 7 minutes or so.
Granted, it was night time and there was little traffic but it still doesn't seem to account for the speed at which we were able to reach our destination. I always felt it was completely weird but never considered it could be any sort of time shift and just assumed the bus driver had been speeding very fast or something (if he was, I did not notice) I didnt feel anything weird like you said or feel like anything was out of the ordinary other than the quick time. But who knows, it could just be a coincidence...
edit on 25-4-2011 by koadie because: accidenly posted

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I suppose I could get my wife to type what time I dropped her off and get the dance teacher to tell you I was late

I appreciate you being so amiable in your response to my suggestion. As stated earlier, I enjoy reading of experiences such as these. I really don't need any proof to that end and this is the Gray Area. My only point is that it's sometimes better to not suggest any sort of proof or confirmation - it only serves to heighten attempts to pin it down in black and white - particularly in this forum.

I must say, you've certainly started a most interesting thread here.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Interesting story OP, I have a different theory on what happened to You. I would say that instead of a time slip you have a dimension slip , meaning that for a brief time You either looked or were transported into another dimension , hence the subtle differences in both worlds. I would account the time difference to the fact that both dimensions or alternate realities if you prefer to call it that way are slightly out of sync when it comes to the passage of time , that is why, even thou you traveled the same distance the time seemed different.

Hey Thill, this could also account for the way his 3-year-old reacted--- uncustomarily quiet, and fearful he would not return to pick her up. Kids understand so much, in my opinion, that we accidentally quell. (As in "No honey, that was just a bad dream. No monster was in your room last night. Monsters don't exist" So what are the chances they just quit telling us, or adopt our belief system until something random-freaky happens, and they clam up (she got quiet) because the world has told her what an active imagination she has?

Maybe her experience was different than yours. Maybe another you switched places, and she sensed it, and it scared her. Then we you 'came back' she sensed that too, and asked if you (as opposed to other-dimension-daddy) would pick her up.

Here's what I would do. (I'm a Mom, and a counselor who uses art therapy to help children express feelings about events they cannot (or do not want to) put into words. I would non-nonchalantly hand her a box of crayons and some paper the next time you're driving her someplace. Do NOT mention anything about your concerns about the event in question. Just tell her riding in the car with her is fun, and could she draw you a picture of that, "like driving to dance or something." Do your best acting when you say all this, because if she's as perceptive as I think she is, she'll 'smell a rat' and wonder why you're antsy. The key words you use (riding in the car with you... driving to dance, etc.) have a way of bringing out whatever needs to come out, if anything. Refrain from saying "Remember that one day when you were afraid I wouldn't pick you up?" (That, my friend, is 'leading the witness.'

Here's what I know about art and the subconscious. Things that are troubling a child have a way of tumbling out on paper. (This is healthy for her, whether you spot anything amiss in the drawing or not. In other words, it can't hurt, it can only help.) If you think something looks odd, ask "What's this?" with interest, as though she is a teacher, and you, her student. No 'leading questions,' just low key open-ended ones, such as "Tell me about it" or "What's this right here? and "How do you feel here [in the picture you drew.] If she says something odd like, "It was scary" or "You were different"=== first validate her feelings ("You felt scared. I'm sorry honey.) Then encourage her to elaborate "Tell me about that."

Never ask "why" questions, because they often seem judgmental, regardless of the intent. She may shut down, depending on how 'loaded' the experience was.

Praise and encourage, and thank her for drawing it.

Disclaimer: This is what I would do. You know your child. Go with your heart and your gut instinct, for sure!

I've had some weird time lapses, but I'll save it for another post!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine

I've thought of that,and the first argument that came to mind is that we might actually experience the act of dying when our soul wants to?

See? I knew we could start coming up with answers to those pesky little nagging questions. Yours is an interesting one, but I think I prefer another: if all time and events exist in the 'now,' and there are indeed multiverses, then why not simply transfer to an unspecified 'split' point and follow the new timeline created by a subtly different decision you might have made? Could be a few seconds or minutes prior to the fateful event or it may be years. Helps answer a lot of those questions.

Another poster raised the question of the consciousness existent in the new incarnation and what might happen to it. I had wondered the same; hence, the inclusion of the 'now' time theory - I would suggest perhaps that we, as the individual, are that consciousness in each timeline precisely as we are at any given age (point) in our simultaneous and eternal existence.

It's a lot of fun attempting to come up with near-logical rationales for something so based on an apparently less-than-logical assumption. I'm really enjoying this thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is truly a fascinating thread. And I would completely buy it except for one thing. What about ghosts? As a medium I see them around us all the time. They exist everywhere. If our soul switches to another dimension- then ghosts wouldnt exist because they are the souls.

But- time/dimensional shifts do happen- because its happened to me. When I was 19 in 1999. I was sitting at my boyfriends house waiting for him to get home from work- in my car. I kept on looking at the clock- getting impatient that i had been waiting for him for nearly half an hour. Then I see a woman loading her kids in the car, in halloween costumes, next door. Then I look back and see my boyfriends car sitting right next to mine. Infuriated that he arrived and not tell me- i went inside and asked him why he didnt say hello to me- and he said that when he arrived 10 minutes sooner I was not there- but I had been sitting there for 30+ minutes.

Ive also experienced several-timeline shifts- ie my hometown has actually changed dramatically from what I remember it being as a child. And I lived there up until 5 years ago. But come 2010- it no longer exists as I remember it. Historical buildings- not there. A street I once loved as a child because it was filled with beautiful victorian houses- Gone. I even babysitted when I was a teenager on that street in a Victorian home. Whats there now? 1970's suburban track houses. If- and thats a big IF- these Victorian homes were torn down because they were too old. Why would they be replaced with 1970's surburban track homes- in a residential area that it costs atleast 400k to own a home in? Exactly. It dissapeared and never existed in this dimension I am now living in.

edit on 25-4-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Some people believe in time splits, shifts and slips, that will bring them to a new place or time when they die.
others believe that when they die they will become a ghost and visit the world they left.
so both could be right.
the ghosts are souls who stay close to the universe they died in, whether thats by being slightly out of phase with this universe of by creating a thread of contact via mental thought from another dimensional universe, that manifests a ghost in this one..
to me a ghost is real in there world.. and they would appear as ghosts to another dimension, and visa versa
think of the nicole kidman movie, the others.
en.wikipedia.org...(2001_film)

edit on 25-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I wish I could agree with you, but after speaking with hundreds of dead people over the years- that just isnt the case. Ive seen the movie "The Others" and it is a very chilling idea. But truly- the people who have died and come to find me for me to help them- I am able to contact their living relatives and bring their living relatives peace. Some even are hardcore religious people- who believed they would go to heaven but got stuck as a ghost instead for reasons they did not understand. Other ghosts were not religious at all- but still were stuck as an earthbound ghost. So the people who have died in this dimension- are ghosts in this dimension afterall.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Had something like this happen to me once. I was going to the bank to drop off a deposit and as I came out I got EXTREMELY dizzy and disoriented...I then noticed that my car was on the opposite side of the parking lot from where I expected it to be and it was BACKED INTO THE PARKING SPACE...I NEVER back into parking spaces because I suck at driving in reverse. I was only in the bank for a few minutes...I literally ran in,handed my deposit to a teller,and then ran back out. No time for anyone to get into my car and re-park it as a prank(not that I know anyone who would). I was so woozy I had to stagger over to the car and sit in the drivers seat before I was able to go anywhere-I do not use drugs or alcohol.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
This is a totally wierd idea, but I thought about it when I read your account, as well as the other poster, who talked of a similar event, in which they were heading for a potential accident when the "slip" happened?

Me and my family have had such events happen twice, one in which we lost two hours, one which was approx. 10 minutes. In the second one, we were on a plane, that started to have trouble coming onto landing. Everyone was panicking. Then "bloop" it was quiet and we were landing normally. My son and I (he was 17 at the time) looked at each other and asked each other if we dreamed what just happened? What DID just happen? When did the problems smooth out and everyone calm down? We didn't see the transition, either of us.

When the plane came to a stop, he said, "Mom, I think we died." And we began to explore the possibility that perhaps, we don't ever experience dying! Perhaps our consciousness just steps out before a trauma and moves to an alternate universe or reality, so similar to the one we were in, we don't know what happened. Even in an alternate reality, everyone we know could have "dopplegangers" that we continue our relations with - even if one version of them is crying for our loss in another!

The other time it happened, we drove into a sudden wall of fog, so it could have been possible we hit another car or something.

I'm not saying I believe this to be true, I don't have any beliefs, but the hypothesis has always intrigued me since then! How many times could I have died and not know it??

THIS. This is an exact theory I have reached myself! I'm amazed someone else came to the exact same conclusion. My only question about it is, what happens when you get old and death is the natural "next step"? It must be like either going to sleep, or you relive your life (not a replay, but a redo) without realizing it, or lastly you are reincarnated.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

Wow that really has me thinking...if i have died and moved on to a different reality that is the same

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

That's very interesting. I remember strange events like the one you say...but write them off as "how can reality be wrong".

There is one that sticks out in my mind.

I work in a very big brother job. I monitor several (100's) cameras, liaison and direct 4 different opposite departments via radio frequencies, (all different).

My department is in charge of maintaining records, for integrity and security purposes. Observe, report, direct.

A specific event was reported to us via radio. We all heard it, and I dispatched the appropriate personnel to the event. I made note of the time: 1233 hrs.(I remember because those numbers always appear to me at random times.)

While I controlled a camera to the location to observe and record the event, I waited...
The event wasn't happening, and the dispatched individuals did not show.

I repeated the call...again noting the time but now all of a sudden, it was 1301 hrs...and I know the waiting was only maximum 2 minutes, as the event was significant enough to be high priority.

I asked my subordinates if they knew what the hell was going on...We passed it off as too much stress and needing a break. Obviously, I have not passed it off. It has always been a splinter in my mind.

I am very articulate when it comes to my job. I DO NOT make mistakes if I can help it. I can't.

It's good to see I'm not crazy. But it still makes me a bit crazy when I think about it.

My question to the op is, you mentioned that you have a strong "connection" with your child. I have 3 kids, and understand these connections. But outside of the box....do you have any "weird" things that happen around you in terms of scientific oddities? Possibly psychic? or joked that they could be?

For instance, I cannot wear watches, carry cell phones or radios on my person..I kill them. Watches last maximum, 1 day. Cell or radio batteries are quick to lose charge if I carry them in my pockets.(like hrs, if I'm lucky)

I also can have flashes of what the interior of some houses look like,smell like, how the sun shines in the kitchen window... as I drive by them, or look at them. Not all the time...just sometimes. And then that is when I notice other little oddities like the ones you speak of.

Or I really am crazy.
hahaha.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Demoncreeper because: lost some time...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

How the hell is he going to get outside sources to "confirm" this...if you want proof of it its like asking for proof of the loch ness monster, he seen it and experienced it therefore it is confirmed by him unless hes lying

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Dear Friend in Temporal Chaos,

Are you still writing about that? I told you, like, 20 years ago it was all in your head. Don't you remember? We had that whole series of sessions about the hypnotic suggestions you asked for when you saw an attractive woman who is not your wife?

Don't remember that, eh?

Does MK ULTRA ring a bell, or two?

Don't be weireded out, though, I've had this happen to me as well. . .well, actually, it has never stopped.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Hello Demon. . .it's so great to see someone write down the experiences as to each, I can relate. Mine has since progressed to being able to "see" with my eyes closed. It looks similar to heat sig., but different than that somehow.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

in the title you say confirmed,who confirmed this time slip for you

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

That's great advice! Thank you! I totally agree about art therapy.

I have a Master's in Psychology, although not a licensed therapist. I haven't noticed ANY unusual behavior at all and other than those few minutes I discussed in the OP she has been totally normal in every way I can tell.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Yes i hear you, in not at all saying either is right or wrong, sorry if you got that idea .
i was just putting another idea out there for people to consider. As this is indeed a strange place we choose to live in..
peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Its vary interesting. It reminds me of what bashar said about diverging and joining other realities at will.

Thats the bashar channeled by darryl anka.

supposedly this stuffs going to INCREASE.. .. might be interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
One night I was going 70mph, center lane, on the highway. Too close to the car in front which braked too soon. There were cars behind me and beside me. I am positive of this. Anyhow, I hit the breaks and try to veer off to minimize the damage and spun. Spun 2 times minimum in what seemed slow motion. All I could see was bright lights and suddenly ended on the side of the road UNSCATHED but disoriented. I had not hit one car and no other cars we around! I just got on the road again and wrote it off as a good luck. Good luck my ass. This theory is way more plausible imo. Since then life did feel different but I had not related that change to this event. Just wrote it off as good luck on a bad night. Mind blowing!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I experienced an event in which i felt i had already lived out, I don't believe i had dreamt it though, anyway here's the story.

Me and a couple of my friends were going Airsoft shooting in this privately owned land, it was the first time i had ever been to the place in my life. after spending a few hours playing some games we all headed up this huge hill within the forest we were playing in. i was tired from all the running and so was a few other guys, while the steward was briefing us i decided to sit on a part of the "battle" set which was an ammo case. when approaching i noticed a dude sitting there already (baring in mind i would not normally sit next to strangers i decided to anyway because i was knackered) this is where it gets weird, at the start of the day when we were getting geared up i noticed the "dude" the same guy i was sitting next to right now. when i noticed him the first time i could of sworn i knew this guy already... but i did not know where from, usually I'm good with remembering where i met someone, despite how much i tried i couldn't remember. so sitting next to him i didn't make any contact, i looked at my airsoft gun to check it out and bam! My head started feeling dizzy but really fast, and i sort of felt as though i froze and came back and then it hit me, i felt as though i had already been here before. it freaked me our enough to make me get up and join the others despite how tired i was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join