It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops in Afghanistan cover Britney Spears' "Hold it Against Me"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agreed, they just shoulda been a little more careful with what they filmed

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Sure it has been done many times before, but not all these videos expose lacation like that.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I strongly agree, it's always nice to have a little fun, I just think they should've been more careful on what the video contained.

RAH!

thanks for your support neo96

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Sure it has been done many times before, but not all these videos expose lacation like that.

So which base, and what is its location then?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I wish we had small camcorders and youtube when I was in the army, the messed up sdtuff we did during deployments was classic lol

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

[haha] sometimes when I hear stories from the more high up marines, I am glad they didn't have cam corders at the time

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Ahhh those were the days....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I seriously don't see what the issue is; They're just having a little fun on their off time. However, I would have a problem with this kind of stuff if videos like this where done while they're outside of the wire.
edit on 23-4-2011 by grrrrt because: spelling

edit on 23-4-2011 by grrrrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

He ain't that hard to find.

All they gotta do is grab a couple of shovels and wheelbarrows and dig at least 6 feet deep into the soil.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Seriously, it doesn't worry you a little bit that US Marines are listening to Britney?
That's just so sad...

Personally, I thought the Lady Gaga re-make was better...

if you dare...

edit on 23-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I think this video makes me ashamed I was IN the Army...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Interesting, well cut them some slack, after all they do get trained to run/march and sing at the same time and in-sync as well, there just doing what they were trained to do, I would say. Cant blame them for breaking into song when they get the chance now can you.
Though they probably should of waited some time before putting that vid up on the net, to avoid legalities and such.

Heres a cadence marching to a song about Chuck Norris.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by watchitburn

They did more then YOU probably did
They took an Oath to defend this country which includes YOU

Yes, at any moment, we could have had angry villagers pelting us with rocks.

Oh, the horror.

BUT, thanks to the soldiers...look at all this oil we got.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Aside from any disclosure on locations...
This is better than them doing evil antics
to destress. Let humans actually be human.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As was said, These Soldiers are having a lot of fun, and doing something that helps them take away the fact that their deployed in a area which could possibly be their last. Again no self made videos or photo's have to go through a chain of command to be set online, it only takes an i phone or a personal computer with Wifi these days.

Soldiers are just that, Soldiers they receive orders and they do them. A lot of times they themselves question why they are doing some of the many things that soldiers do, Soldiers are completing missions all around the world be it in Iraq , Afghanistan, Japan, Libya, Pakistan, and other parts of the world. They are not in a position to argue why they are doing what their doing its just a flow of information starting at the highest level and passes down to them.

So cut them some slack, they are after all humans who took an oath to follow someone they may never meet but have died for, so that Sheeple can sit and watch who will be Americans new top idle.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

That's the point: if you have to ask, you're not supposed to know. And in wartime, the enemy should know as little as possible about troop deployments. With this movie published online, it's a sure bet that someone on the other side is comparing this video (especially the first five seconds) to sattelite images from google maps and a list of locations of ISAF bases in Afghanistan. It would take probably less than an hour to figure out where this particular Marine unit is located.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Gimmie a break...

I have been deployed twice (26 months in country total)

If you think the militant Afghanis that wish you harm don't know exactly where you are despite this video, then you my friend are ignorant. I'm down with the whole OPSEC thing but, damn brother.

I hate to break it to you, they knew where you were before this video. How do you miss that big a base, with that many US military in the middle of no where?

It's ok for you to not like the video, but don't say your reason for not liking it is OPSEC...that's just dumb. I personally thought it was pretty funny. I have a few videos we made while deployed.

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well, for your information, I am currently deployed with these guys HMLA-169 Vipers and HMLA-266 Rein.

Most of us are working our a**es off out here, yet here we discover them making videos and exposing our location at the VERY BEGINNING of the video. It may not be a big threat in your eyes, but to some it is a VERY BIG threat.
Call it paranoia if you will, but I'd rather see my wife and daughter again.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These are not soldiers, they are MARINES!!

Big difference.

The Lady Ga-Ga remake posted above...those are Soldiers.

Originally posted by xXGrimSlayerXx
As was said, These Soldiers are having a lot of fun, and doing something that helps them take away the fact that their deployed in a area which could possibly be their last. Again no self made videos or photo's have to go through a chain of command to be set online, it only takes an i phone or a personal computer with Wifi these days.

Soldiers are just that, Soldiers they receive orders and they do them. A lot of times they themselves question why they are doing some of the many things that soldiers do, Soldiers are completing missions all around the world be it in Iraq , Afghanistan, Japan, Libya, Pakistan, and other parts of the world. They are not in a position to argue why they are doing what their doing its just a flow of information starting at the highest level and passes down to them.

So cut them some slack, they are after all humans who took an oath to follow someone they may never meet but have died for, so that Sheeple can sit and watch who will be Americans new top idle.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

mmm tax dollars at work...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve_montana
It would take probably less than an hour to figure out where this particular Marine unit is located.

You mean even after they spent billions trying to hide a 1600 acre base in the desert?

Or National Geographic made a video there?
natgeotv.com...

Damn, the terrorists must really be smart, I mean without this music video they would have missed the base

I just hope no one points out that they have other bases over there!
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join