It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the INVISABLE Star+Flagger?..Does anyone else notice this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

WHY CANT THE STAR AND FLAG SYSTEM BE USED LIKE IT WAS INTENDED TO BE USED?

Ok,some people might think that this is a stupid topic and question but i dont care damn it Im curious. For awhile now when I check some of my own new threads or others it seems that as fast as they go up theres a star and flag on it with no post. I mean sometimes it happens in the time i push the button for the thread to be posted and as soon as it is there would already be a flag and a star and no subject. I have seen it in alot of other threads to that as soon as they pop up theyre already on. Its wierd that whoevrer is doing it never leaves a post either. Shoot I dont know if its just one or more posters but its like whoever it is,is just waiting there on the new topic threads list waiting for them to pop up just to do to throw a flag and star on threads without probably not even reading the content. Even I believe that some of my threads that this has happened to probably didnt deserve even one but if they arent even being read then they dont even know whats in it and theyre just doing it for kicks...

Does anyone else notice this or is it just me? Is that I am just spending too much damn time on here to notice things like that? Like I said anyways Im just curious and...

...I would just like to know why,whoever you are,you are doing this MR INVISABLE? Why give credit for something if youre not gonna bother reading it or leaving a post? Doesnt seem right to give out if you dont bother to know what the thread is even about...
edit on 22-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

It's me check my stats, been doin it since 2006. Im a vet.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe it is the ghost of gary coleman haunting this place

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Well there you go. No replies and three each star and flag without my help.

So?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Whenever I read your posts, I hear Rogers voice narrating it.

Maybe it's the star/flag troll plotting out which form of verbal abuse they would like to use with each thread...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I'll star a post or comment without replying quite often. Just because I might like a post does not mean I am going to reply to it, and I'm certainly not going to post just to tell you I gave a star to your comment. in fact, if I do post to a thread, it is usually because I am in such abject disagreement with you that I would never star it to begin with.

And I do not flag anything. This is simply for my own personal entertainment from time-to-time.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I usually S+F with out commenting if i read it and like it but don't want to contribute, which is what usually happens.
Except this time.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MallardDuck

Im talking about the ones that almost seem to appear as soon as it is posted...theres no way that whoever does this even has time read the title let alone the thread post

link   
Well I star and flag posts sometimes without responding in the hopes of keeping them relevant or if I fell that I can not add anything else to the conversation as the OP or someone else has stated near verbatim what I thought. I have done this in a few of your threads (no need to thank me)

Other times I S&F like I did here and respond, even though I am parroting a few other posts which I just said I do not feel the need to do. However I felt the need to explain and to let you know that I may be a part of "The invisible Poster" phenom you speak of which I would imagine to be a group more than Gary Colemans ghost.

Last but not least I S&F then comment if I feel I have something to say obviously.

That is all

Trowa

P.S. Roger rocks. American Dad is MacFarlanes only show worth watching anymore imo.
edit on 22/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

link   

Originally posted by MallardDuck
I usually S+F with out commenting if i read it and like it but don't want to contribute, which is what usually happens.
Except this time.

And what should happen every time.

I'm not sure why OP is confused about this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

im not confused at all...im not talking about the people who actually take the time to read them but the ones who dont even bother and seem to be waiting for a new thread o pop up just to give it a star and flag almost immediatley after being posted

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yea, the flagging system is supposed to make your thread more visible, so whats the problem if people flag your thread? That means they like it I thought?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Is there a "Star Redemption" store I am unaware of ?

It seems some put a very high premium on stars.

I thought it just meant somebody liked or chuckled at your post.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Is there a "Star Redemption" store I am unaware of ?

It seems some put a very high premium on stars.

I thought it just meant somebody liked or chuckled at your post.

For every 500 stars you get,you can redeem them at kfc for a $5 lunch box.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

How many seconds are we talking 1 or 2 seconds, perhaps 15, maybe 30. Is there some time scale we can put this into, maybe it is just a fast reader how lives on ATS and scans through new posts or just like the subject title or poster enough to flag it without fully understanding what was written. Maybe some AI is a member, it would only take a few nanoseconds or so to process a new post?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

they are intended to be used if someone likesor thnks a post is relevant...all im talking about is theres some that do it without even reading the thread or post...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by MallardDuck

Im talking about the ones that almost seem to appear as soon as it is posted...theres no way that whoever does this even has time read the title let alone the thread post

Well I think a lot of the times that people will flag ans Star an article just because of the poster or its subject matter without reading it. I S&F'd a few Jesse Ventura threads that had interviews or articles I already saw/heard before actually, technically listening to them again on here.

One of them was not eve a minute old so I guess I am guilty of this as I said before. I imagine a few others have done this as well. I have on other threads pertaining to articles and subjects as well, only to find the OP had a totally different view and I was like Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man can I take my star back.

I guess we should all think before we S&F and even more so be frugal with them.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smokeythabear

theres no problem with people flagging something if thy liked it or tink more should see it..but to the people that dont bother reading and just seems like theyre going along clicking away just to do it...i am one who thinks that stars and flags are given out too freely and carelessly

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I personally think that they should abolish/reset the stars and start us all at 500 or some other number. Then every time you give a star you should have one deducted form your total and vice versa.

I bet it would help to curb the nonsense and people trying to get in the first ignorant or rude remark. I mean if there was more emphasis put on them and they weren't so meaningless I bet the crap post and ignorance would be reduced around here dramatically. Not entirely mind you but lets be honest a lot of people are star whores and it does perpetuate bad behavior in the trolls and the likes.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am the one doing the stars and flags for everyone.
Except you.

3rd line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join