It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government wages sock puppet war against its own citizens

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Ntrepid is a persona software creator the military is using. Heres there website.
www.ntrepidcorp.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

The project is overseen by U.S. Central Command (Centcom), whose spokesman Commander Bill Speaks stated that the operation would be carried out in languages other than English, particularly Arabic, Farsi, and Urdu. ALSO CHINESE and RUSSIAN[1][6] He stated that, "The technology supports classified blogging activities on foreign-language websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the U.S."[6]

Operation Earnest Voice is the operation ran by DOD and USAID. Using Metal Gear the name of the software.

www.wired.com...

Here I fixed it for whoever would like to deny ignorance or government disinformation.

DoD playing with fire again.
If it isn't enough the Middle East and North Africa revolutions that have not delivered yet their fruits, many possible alternative unfolding scenarios already looking nightmarish, from a large Islamic Caliphate forming against Europe or and Europe flooding with Islamic extremism, I am pretty sure some want Russian and Chinese revolutions too. So they can have their WWIII?

I wonder...
edit on 24-4-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Geez,
And most here say the chinese are bad.......

Keep digging ATS!

S&F

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Geez,
And most here say the chinese are bad.......

Keep digging ATS!

S&F

I can't speak for the Chinese citizens and what might go on inside their own nation in regards to their own government but I can say this.

When it does come to listening to the US Government and official stories.

As a boy in school in the 1970's my Social Studies Teacher attempted to teach the class and I, that all Chinese citizens spent their days in the fields listening to loud speakers tell them over and over again how bad America and Americans are and that they must be destroyed by China.

I soundly rejected this and spoke out against it as a similiar form of brainwashing that the lessons were meant to establish in relation to the Chinese.

I was actually kicked out of school for that and declared uncontrollable!

Yet today amazingly enough most large American Corporations do business in China employing millions of people and producing trillions of dollars worth of products there anually in cooperation with the Chinese Government and people, and the Chinese Government loans the US trillions of dollars to subsidize it's wars for oil and opium and the American Government.

So who was right, my Social Studies Teacher and her 'official story' or me, crying nonsense?

The US Government now simply imagines that the Internet can be turned into a Social Studies classroom to reinvent history, obscure elements of it, and to instill false dogmas into the people by trying to manipulate that process.

Thanks for joining in.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Army Corps of Engineers are probably doing us a favor by serving civil and like minded retorts to our everyday internet and gay bashing. If you don't have the ability to find any kind of humanizing link to the obvious remarks that yoursef post online, the expected answer would be just that "kind" of attack. The Prophecy, Armageddon, The End of Days, are all hints towards just that ignorance. Ever consider yourselves and your "free will' protected by your country to ever consider such examples like Army Corps of Engineers considerate to you?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i heard may 11th is going to be an important date for the economy, whether this has some sort of direct cause & effect for this supposed economic collapse in the US im not sure, but the kid that predicted the nz earthquake and japan tsunami to the exact hour and had a countdown on his FB is saying May 11th is Day 1 of some Economic Collapse and it will go through for 77 days

www.facebook.com...

I'm calling BS for now but unless you can manipulate the timestamps of your FB status's it looks rather genuine, sorry for bein off topic but just thought i would add that if this somehow connects with the May 11th-15th time frame for some sort of economic meltdown.

if anyone can confirm the validity of May that would be good

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by utbpaladin
i heard may 11th is going to be an important date for the economy, whether this has some sort of direct cause & effect for this supposed economic collapse in the US im not sure, but the kid that predicted the nz earthquake and japan tsunami to the exact hour and had a countdown on his FB is saying May 11th is Day 1 of some Economic Collapse and it will go through for 77 days

www.facebook.com...

I'm calling BS for now but unless you can manipulate the timestamps of your FB status's it looks rather genuine, sorry for bein off topic but just thought i would add that if this somehow connects with the May 11th-15th time frame for some sort of economic meltdown.

if anyone can confirm the validity of May that would be good

You are definitely "Mitchell", either that or you want people to think you are. Same youtube name minus the year, and you keep posting Mitchell's predictions.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
this doesnt come to a surprise as i run into people like this all the time all over the net, here included, clearly paid by the government to cause confusion and discredit

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Excellent thread PT. I have a question for you, though. If, what you say is true (and I suspect it is), then what can be done to ameliorate the situation? Can lawsuits be brought to bear? And if so, against whom?
We see these conspiracies exposed but they continue unimpeded until we're all distracted with the next scandal. What can be done?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Eleven pages and not one MOD response. You would think that sockpuppets would at least intrest some of the staff. Perhaps they just want this thread to go away least some embarrassing information is exposed.

I know one sockpuppet on a first name basis.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Eleven pages and not one MOD response. You would think that sockpuppets would at least intrest some of the staff. Perhaps they just want this thread to go away least some embarrassing information is exposed.

Well it has been a very well behaved thread.

It is a hot potatoe discussion though on message boards.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There are certain moral basis for decision-making that tend to separate the actual info and the concerned people from the disinfo, and the agents thereof. When reasonable questions are cast by the public, and the agency in question is known for their operational secrecy on issues, it doesn't look good for their defenders to be rigourously attacking the voice of dissent and demanding exacting proofs from them. How can you defend an establishment that doesn't, or "can't" offer transparency in their activities, unless the members doing so are top of the chain of command?

When a cog-in-the-wheel joins a discussion against truthers, they should remember that the burdens of proof are not only required of the questioning outsiders. Ad hominems aside, demanding proof is fine, but it's a two-way street. Proof among those on the inside, counter-proof, is also required to establish defense. It's only a head-game played to imagine a scenario where the established order of things is a shiny clockwork machine that never errs, deviates, or bends from their projected objectives. Look at the time the board freemasons have in speaking of their various orders for a good example. The hidden nature of government agencies is in a similar boat as they, when the "servants of the state", of the people, lock themselves in a one-way-glass structure and conduct affairs of state behind closed doors. Is the burden of proof not many times as important in leau of open reporting and transparency, and should noble servants of the state, government, not be twice as willing to reassure the public, and offer them the valid information that settles the questions?

If their heart was in the right place, I think we would see them eagerly throwing their doubts on the side of the people, and working with them to meet at good conclusions. Throwing yourself to the side of the opposing arguments reflects empathy, and a willingness to uncover the common ground. We've shifted far from any kind of a noble, balanced process in this manner-of-speaking with many government representatives unfortunately. An air of superiority, an unwillingness to disclose actual information in favour of double-speak policy statements, and the cold clench of iron-minded authority on the matter often tell us what is in their hearts for us, instead. This reminds me to reread the dis-info link in my sig soon.

This is a great follow-up on your original topic-thread Proto, and about the fourth thread I've read here on the topic in recent months. Keep 'em coming

edit on 26-4-2011 by Northwarden because: editing

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I could be wrong but I think I may have caught a sock puppet earlier.

This one apparently cannot be stressed enough, as many people seem to "forget" to do this. I will often instantly close a thread in which the OP is nothing more than the title of the video accompanied by a link. Regardless of the content of the video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thing is, the member isn't a mod or admin so how the hell can they close a thread? Sounds like a sock puppet of an administrator or moderator who just slipped up to me! Take a look and see what you think guys

See the link in my signature for some tips on dealing with certain activity relevant to this thread.

All the best.

edit on 26/4/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

You are right on the money in my humble opinion in what you say, and they are wise words to remember and keep in mind.

When I caught this domestic example I really felt it needed to get out there in wake of what's happening internationally.

I sure do appreciate you taking the time to share your insights and helping to keep this issue front and center.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Here is a secret,

they cant tell what they are doing because most of the time they dont know what they are doing themselves which scares the begeevers out of them. Most departments are winging it as they have done throughout all of human history until the whole lot collapses so many times it cannot recover.

This is the cause of your primary fear because you know they are just like you, yet they have access to the latest weapons and people trained to not question orders.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh, look, several new members that "contributed" to this thread with a bunch of drivel in an attempt to derail it, coincidence?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Interesting thread
Thanks for posting.

I'm sure you guys have probably seen this already, but thought I'd share for those that haven't...

Alterion

Alterian SM2 is a business intelligence product that provides visibility into social media and lets you tap into a new kind of data resource; your customers' direct thoughts and opinions. It allows you to easily capture and analyze data from social media channels to monitor your brands, identify key communities and influencers, address customer service issues, and generate new sales leads. Our content is sourced from a variety of providers as well as from our own collectors. We partner with industry leaders around different media types to achieve the best coverage. SM2 coverage includes:
sm2dashboard screen shots2
* Blogs (LiveJournal, TypePad)
* Message Boards and Forums
* Microblogs (Twitter, Plurk, Identi.ca)
* Wikis (sites that allow the public to make changes & updates)
* Video and Photsharing (YouTube, Flickr)
* Social Network (Ning, Facebook, LinkedIn)
* Classified Sites (Craigslist)
* Review Sites (ePinions)

If someone slags your company off its possible to have customer services call them within the hour and discuss their issue. Crazy techonolgy...worth a gander!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Excellent thread PT. I have a question for you, though. If, what you say is true (and I suspect it is), then what can be done to ameliorate the situation? Can lawsuits be brought to bear? And if so, against whom?
We see these conspiracies exposed but they continue unimpeded until we're all distracted with the next scandal. What can be done?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sorry for the tardy reply, and those are good questions.

Honestly I can't see law suits working in this situation as chances are the Government will claim "National Security" is involved and refuse to release requested evidence to the judiciary based on those grounds.

Suing the Defense Department would be the ticket if they don't evoke National Security, since it's the Defense Department that is using it.

Ultimately I believe Fraud would be a better charge than Slander, as the software impersonates multiple personalities.

However it's not likely to get around the National Security Blanket no matter which tack it's approached from.

It really is something that would require a Law and a legislative initiative.

Good luck on getting the Home Land Security concious Congress and Senate or President to aide in that.

So about the only thing that might possibly end it or limit it would be getting a voter initiative placed on the Ballot in all 50 states in the 2012 National Election.

That would take a tremendous grass roots organization to pull that off to get all the signatures in each state needed to get on the ballot, and to fund an advertising campain running up to the election so people know what they are voting on.

In absence of that happening, all we likely can do, like so many other excesses of the govenment is grin and bear.

Thanks for posting and asking.

Have you any other ideas how it might be limited or ended?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for the considered response. Do you know of any groups that are organizing such an initiative? I'd be happy to lend my support to anyone trying to bring about a non-violent end to the corruption infesting our nation.

There are a lot of talk show hosts and political pundits who do nothing but complain. I'm thankful for their role in waking the American public to the issues but just being awake and whining does little to stop the problems.

The internet is a powerful tool for the people as well as for TPTB. Already there are multipronged attacks on ordinary people utilizing the internet in an effective manner. It seems only reasonable that The Unseen Hand(s) directing the course of our country would want to distract and detour the sleeping giant by propaganda and other tools of divisiveness. It doesn't surprise me to learn of sock puppets on the internet as I've already encountered quite a few (admitted) ones on other sites. They use ridicule, belittling, taunting and a multititude of other ploys to derail productive discussions of legitimate issues.

Kudos to you for bringing to light this important topic.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Quite interesting.. Not surprised as its a natural progression .. First was print media.. Then television/radio and now with the advent of internet false people to further keep the public ignorant of the truth and under control...
With new tech come new ways of manipulating the public..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It seems like some persona software is at work on opiran. Ive been watching them on a irc channel and this strange thing happened.

24 people got kicked off.

15:40 *** beluga quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** lynxlynx quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** gueriLLaPunK quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** charmanderp quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** AnonGuest7480 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Zontar quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** An0n3 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Fernis quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** ano17 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Micsan quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Merle quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** TheWoozle quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** midcloud26 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** p0ke quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Luna quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Client9 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Chair quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** blueskin quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** packetfl0 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** Gobbla quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** ``[O|O]`` quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** tupac909 quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** BoF quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)
15:40 *** CYBIX quit (indigo.anonops.in pingu.anonops.ru)

24 people signed back on.

15:40 *** slysnake_venom joined #opiran
15:40 *** beluga joined #opiran
15:40 *** lynxlynx joined #opiran
15:40 *** gueriLLaPunK joined #opiran
15:40 *** charmanderp joined #opiran
15:40 *** AnonGuest7480 joined #opiran
15:40 *** Zontar joined #opiran
15:40 *** TheWoozle joined #opiran
15:40 *** An0n3 joined #opiran
15:40 *** Fernis joined #opiran
15:40 *** ano17 joined #opiran
15:40 *** Micsan joined #opiran
15:40 *** Merle joined #opiran
15:40 *** midcloud26 joined #opiran
15:40 *** p0ke joined #opiran
15:40 *** Gobbla joined #opiran
15:40 *** Luna joined #opiran
15:40 *** Client9 joined #opiran
15:40 *** Chair joined #opiran
15:40 *** blueskin joined #opiran
15:40 *** packetfl0 joined #opiran
15:40 *** BoF joined #opiran
15:40 *** ``[O|O]`` joined #opiran
15:40 *** tupac909 joined #opiran

Seems they were all connected to TarenCapel admin on opiran?

tardis.wikia.com...

Taren Capel was a scientist who tried to instigate a rebellion of robots.

BiographyEditCapel had spent almost his entirely life around robots, being practically raised by them. He identified with robots more than people, and came to believe that robots should rule over humans. He intended to lead a robot revolution, dressing himself and painting his face to resemble his robot 'brothers'.

He joined the crew of the sandminer Storm Mine 4, where he posed as chief engineer Dask (whom he probably had murdered) and reprogrammed the the robot crew of a sandminer to kill the human crew, at first individually and secretly. Eventually, he ordered them to massacre the survivors, as well as the Fourth Doctor and Leela, who had recently come onboard the Storm Mine 4.

The Doctor had Leela release helium into the atmosphere, changing his voice so that SV7 did not recognise Capel. SV7 then throttled him to death. (DW: The Robots of Death)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join