It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government wages sock puppet war against its own citizens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Section31

So not only am I not inclined to answer questions regarding my person most especially when they are posed in the form of off topic thinly veiled personal attacks, that type of behavior is pretty much frowned on by the site.

Is that not what you are doing to others?

Questioning the personal motives of a government?

Telling people that their personal beliefs are wrong, and they are bring used by government sock puppets?

Although I may question a government's motivation, I am also going to question the people presenting the evidence. Why? Who? Where? Etc...
edit on 23-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A government is not a person, it is an entity, in this case the government is supposed to be of the people, by the people and for the people, and yes people do need to question it and very much have a right too.

However these statements you are making are all deflections away from the fact that they US Government is using Internet Sock Puppets to defame citizens and obscure facts.

Thread isn't about me it's about the use of Internet Sock Puppets by the Government.

Once again you aren't fooling anyone around here my friend.

You have a nice day.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Without going too far off topic, how should a peaceful civilization respond to a war based civilization?

You really aren't that far off topic with this Section31. You see, you believe we are a war based civilization don't you? Who told you that and why is it that you feel we are a violent civilization and we may as well just accept it and wage wars?

You look through history and decide that it is the way things go after all. You look to the present day and decide that there is nothing new under the sun and survival of the fittest is paramount. You gravitate toward the strong horse and count your blessings and try to exist under its venue that it has laid out for you.

These are all ideas that have been given to us through media and entertainment. Social media is now becoming the preeminent way to force ideals and programs upon societies. They perpetuate their ideas and tell us that war is the only option and you better understand that and accept it. We even have prophecies that promise more wars to come.

I for one believe we have been lied to all along. I don't want to be a part of something that is ruining familie's lives abroad and destroying their hope and desire for a better life while it expands its tentacles and consumes more resources. If I look deep inside the last thing I would ever do is agree to drop various weapons on populations to convince them that I want peace. You see we've been told that that is the only way forward.

Deep down it's not what we are. We know better but I'll be damned if we weren't convinced differently.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

A government is not a person, it is an entity...

You are correct. Its an entity consisting of multiple individuals.

Its okay to question the government. I encourage that type of motivation. What I do not encourage is buying into everything I see, hear, or read online and offline. Although the government may be using sock puppets, you are also using an anonymous name to hide your identity. With all do respect to you personally, your fictional name is a sock puppet for you to use as a mask.

If I didn't question your personal motivations, I would be ignorantly buying into this story.

See the irony? See the hypocrisy?

edit on 23-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Heres a interesting story. Kaspersky is the company that busted the STUXnet worm that was infecting the Iranian nuclear power plant. Seems his son was kidnapped and they used social networking sites to track him. So does that mean if you attack the powerful people doing the sock puppets and internet attacks your family might not be safe?

www.thetechherald.com...

In addition, the paper continued to report on the speculation that social networking information might have helped the kidnappers in executing the abduction. While the social networking aspect remains pure speculation, Ivan’s 'Vkontakte.ru' account carried his full details, including home and work addresses.

The kidnappers' motives are unknown (beyond obvious financial gain), but Rossiyskaya Gazeta reported on a few possibilities after speaking with authorities, including using Ivan as leverage in exchange for technological information.

Moreover, the paper also speculated that the kidnapping was likely orchestrated by rivals looking to damage Eugene Kaspersky’s business, or perhaps ex-business partners and investors.

edit on 23-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just might be time for a "time out"

edit on 23-4-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

How I deal with them, unless I get annoyed, which does admittedly throw me off my game a bit, is that once I realize they are trolling, I stop responding to them. A tactic I have noticed they use is just to repeatedly question and challenge YOUR argument, but they never put any effort into building one for themself or their side of the argument.

In essence, they just try to lead you further and further down a path of their choice, with very low time and energy investment of their own.

Dont respond to one or two line questions. I know ATS members often prefer shorter posts, its that damnable American instant gratification thing, but if they are going to be here, make them work for their check. Ignore people who just toss off one to two line challenges to your posts by people who make no other effort to case build. Sure, they will accuse you of incompetence, or cowardice, but recognize it for what it is a strategy on their part to control you and direct your energy, and reject it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Without going too far off topic, how should a peaceful civilization respond to a war based civilization?

???

How are you defining a "peaceful civilization?" Do you mean the Tibetans? I honestly cant even think that there are legitimately enough "peaceful" human civilizations on Earth to make answering that question statistically relevant.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

God I love those E-Trade merphals.

Here's something else that I suddenly realise may BE FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT.
Could it be..........wait for it...wait for it..................THE TRUTH?

I'm going back to my creation forums where things compared to this, are lot more cut n dry. Where either things are or they arn't. Just the earmarks of dabachery in these other issues are cause for absolute concern at the very least. Wheather or not such concerns are justifible being a completely seperate issue. To much B.S. works
as a smoke screen no matter which Tee Pee it comes from. Did I use the word pathetic ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It is much more insidious and way more complicated than saying "One man should have one vote/voice."

Take it in context of ATS in particular. Have you ever seen an exciting headline of your personal interests hoping for some breaking news or a genuine debate only to find the first few replies have screamed "Hoax"? Imagine you are in a hurry that day. Did you ever not continue to read the thread telling yourself that you'd come back later?

Perhaps you did continue but a definitive proclamation of hoax, fraud or liar absolutely influences the negative character of a thread often spiraling downward and darkly into name calling and hijacking. How many hundreds or thousands of people who may have made a positive or enlightening comment shrug off the thread and move on?

It's really that easy if you can infect a new post in the first couple/three responses.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I hear you my friend, I actually have more interest in threads that are quickly proclaimed hoaxes as more often or not there is some agenda involved in proclaiming it a hoax so quickly.

I know for a fact that some hoaxes are true, and so explosive in nature, that even the people who might benefit from it being seen as a real event are concerned what would be the consequences if people actually knew the truth.

But I can well imagine that many people are quickly 'warned' off with such proclomations, which is why I recommend everyone learn the Bad Boy Boogie, where when they say up, I say down, if they say left I say round!

Not a hoax this is the real AC/DC with original drummer and singer!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What's really criminal is the levee failures were "engineered" to only flood the 9th ward. I still recall seeing chopper footage of water flowing out through the downstream levees, confining the worst flooding nearly exclusively to the 9th. Seen in that light, this media manipulation by the ACE is even more sinister and troubling...

The fact that this tactic in use to squelch other "mistakes" only points more clearly to the "engineered" quality of recent catastrophic events.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0aa19235b188.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Awe that's so cute!

A sock puppet.

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Think about it,
in the right hands, a sock puppet could, lead, provide hope, promise, incite, direct, double cross, and provide evidence.
Especially if like most off the cuff quick to respond posters found on the net, reply or act without much thinking.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Star n Flagged Proto!

I remember a while aback, there was a thread posted here on ATS about DHS employees posting racist comments on blogs and forums.

Now it seems this tactic is growing and growing

How do we tackle this issue?
Well luckily because of ATS's T&Cs we might not have to do anything

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Hi Proto. I was in the process of watching this video and was cut off by the "blue screen of death". I'm running MS Vista and it's been literally years since I've had that happen. Just as soon as I finish posting I will take appropriate steps to protect my computer. I don't think that was happenstance. I had also just finished posting on another thread I thought might be from a disinfo agent.

Sorry I could not view the entire video, maybe later, but what I did notice was that negative posts to the woman's blog talked about "Corps-bashing" or "Corps-bashers". I would suspect anyone using "Corps" or "the Corps" in their blog posts as being insiders. Much like Marines refer to "the Corps" and such but I wouldn't if discussing it in general. I think that's a "tell". Not rocket scientists or trained disinfo agents but more likely disgruntled, defensive "Corps" personnel.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thats good work. Cant ATS moderators see if someone has multiple IPs and boot the Bots?
That is probably a dumb question.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think we have known this for awhile now.Great find PT! The PR guy claiming that these are isolated incidents is either naive or trying to protect the NG.We see examples of sock puppets all the time here.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I would imagine he is probably both naive and trying to follow orders both when it comes to the PR Guys.

I think there is a real danger too having people used to following orders without question like those in military chains of command running around the internet using specialized software to promote stories and defend positions that in many ways they are too naive too fully understand and understand the ramifcations of getting other people to believe them or accept them through deception, intimidation, trickery and other forms of Tom Foolery.

It really is all about dumbing down Americans and keeping them dumb by either controlling the information they hear, or causing confusion and doubt by attacking information the government and it's 666 Departments and agencies would prefer you not hear and consider.

I think some people working for the government are easily led to believe, and likely too easily led to believe that simply because they are working for the Government that what they are doing is American or Patriotic etc, etc.

History shows us how a lot of otherwise decent and moral German Citizens did the same for their Nazi Goverment.

Lets face it when your Government is engaged in trying to dominate every medium in media through dishonest means it's a Nazi Government!

Because they are engaged in trying to create an artificial majority, about the only thing that might dissuade such misguided people is a majority of Americans standing up, questioning and condemning the tactics so that those engaged in the process can begin to see beyond the tight talking points that they are promoting in such a disgusting practice and that little light bulb upstairs finally goes off and they realize that no, just because a runaway corrupt government would like to acheive something dishonest to disenfranchise citizens from rights and liberty, one like ours here in America, it's not American or Patriotic to support that process and take part in it, but rather the opposite, as this is all about curtailing liberties and rights that are what America really once stood for.

Thanks for joining in.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join