It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Florida Pastor Terry Jones Goes Face to Face with Dearborn Imam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Controversial Florida Pastor Terry Jones Goes Face to Face with Dearborn Imam

www.myfoxdetroit.com

myFOXdetroit.com Staff - On the eve of the trial that will determine whether Terry Jones is able to carry out his planned protest, the controversial Florida pastor was live in studio for Let It Rip.

For the very first time, Jones sat down and talked with Imam Hassan Al-Qazwini, the spiritual leader of Deaborn's Islamic Center of America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxdetroit.com
www.wxyz.com
wjr.com

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Personal note: My wife comes home on Fridays from taking care of her mother. Normally she passes through Dearborn on her way home but this particular time the really bad Detroit expressways seem like better odds of safety.

Jones goes to trial Friday to determine whether or not he can conduct the protest at the Islamic Center. The trial is a jury trial. The jury was seated on Thursday.

Friday night, after the interview, Jones was in the WJBK parking lot when his gun misfired. No arrests were made.

Videos, photos in links. Also included is the April 19, 2011 interview with WJR radio, Detroit.

www.myfoxdetroit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Terry Jones is such a hypocrite and ignorant clod...
I felt like slapping him across the face while watching that little video. Maybe knock some sense into his head and fix his mustache. His sacrilege is so obvious... he needs to be taken down and hopefully lose his congregation, because "If a blind person leads a blind person, both of them will fall into a hole."

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So, he is up in Dearborn to stir up the hornet's nest. Pastor Jones is a crackpot, and will do everything within in his power to be outrageous. Still, he is entitled to his First Amendment rights, and that is the crust of the story here. Personally, I think what he has done up to this point has been outrageous, and of poor taste. However, who am I to decide. Larry Flynt recently appeared on the Piers Morgan show, and this preacher was brought up.

Morgan was toying around with the idea of there being limitations on free-speech, and individuals ought to self censor themselves because it may offend someone else. Flynt basically said, "You don't compromise free-speech." If we don't like what the Westboro Baptist Church is doing at the funerals of the fallen, or Pastor Terry Jones's exploits with the Koran in Florida; we can ignore or disagree with them. Flynt also said something that reigns true about this subject, "We can't set aside one of the most important things the framer's gave us, free-speech, for the purpose of dealing with these idiots."

The exploits by these religious crackpots protesting at military funerals or burning Korans are being sought after as justification to limit more of our rights, and that cannot be allowed. Give anyone an inch and they will take that mile. If the Muslims in America feel offended by what Jones is doing, great. Disagree with him, counter-protest, and publicly condemn him.

However, he has the right to say what he wishes on a given topic, as well as the Muslims or any group for that matter. If he wants to protest in Dearborn? As long as he gets the proper permits and what not, let the man protest. There ought to be no political interference on this topic, but there is. That is wrong. People don't have to go and listen to his nonsense. If one does not like what is being said, they can simply ignore it. In one ear and out the other.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Jakes51 because: Fixed video link.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Terry Jones just proves what happens when you say or do something select Muslims dont like.

They kill innocents.

If anyone actually believes every Muslim wouldn't jump on board with all of this if they as a religion held the world in their hands, then you are sadly mistaken.

Some I'm sure are good people but many of them just tell us what we want to hear....for the time being.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So, Terry Jones versus Imam Dearborn.

Terry Jones caused a lot of deaths. How can he live with that?

I would say Dearborn is probably a peaceful man.

And Terry Jones is an extremist - who causes hatred and war and death.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

If I hated tennis balls and bought lots of them and burnt them all...

Then a group of tennis players went out and killed people for revenge...

Am I the cause of this murder?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Fox,

This pastor caused deaths.

I don't get your point.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

When you call for an ARMED protest at a mosque, you are just asking for trouble, not just from the congregation but any gun-toting jackass that shows up to support Terry Jones!

There is no need for such moronic displays of bravado.

Terry Jones was born with hate in his heart. It will always be that way as long as he chooses to behave in such a manner.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Also, he is churning up hatred,

Tennis balls have no emotions.

Please stop [snip].

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22/4/11 by argentus because: removed profanity

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

People say and do things every second that someone else may not like.

The people who committed the murder caused the murder.

You cant blame someone else to excuse yourself from your own free will.

If a police officer called Mr Smith said he hated cats and burnt every book he could find on cats, and I didn't like that and went out and beheaded 3 cops at a police station, is Mr Smith the cause of these murders?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Stop messing with my mind, Fox.

Yes, I majored in Philosophy - something you are playing around with,

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder

If I hated tennis balls and bought lots of them and burnt them all...

Then a group of tennis players went out and killed people for revenge...

I hated the World Trade Centers and flew a plane into them and burnt them down.

I died doing that.

Then a group of New Yorkers/Americans went out and killed people for revenge...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Fox,

I don't get your point.

There is no way in hell he caused anyone's death. The sole responsibility lies with those who pulled the trigger or lit the fuse. The bad Imams who gave those idiots the idea that such actions are righteous are guilty of inciting the crime.

The reverend is guilty only of being a lummox and buffoon.
... oh and add false "Christian" to that too.
edit on 4/22/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yea, as a muslim I tell you what you wanna hear cuz I really give a *snip* what you think about me.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Fox,

I don't get your point.

The murderers caused the deaths.If we're going by events which have indirectly lead to those innocent people's deaths, we might as well blame their parents for giving birth to them. If they were never born they would never die.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What ticks me off are all the people in the MSM like Newt Gingrich saying that Dearborn has sharia law. I mean, as if. That kind of ignorance only fuels idiots like this Rev. and portrays the middle eastern populace in Dearborn in a bad light.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pastafarian

My old spiritual leader (sheikh) lives in Dearborn. Very devout muslim, yet loves democracy.. WHAT A CONSPIRACY! lol

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hell, Muslims in Norway burned schools, cars and dumpsters while breaking glass windows in a "peaceful" protest because America was in Iraq. Why did they then ruin Norwegian property? I'll tell you why, because they have no qualms about killing/destroying as long as they get their point across.

Jones may be an idiot, but the Muslims who go out and kill U.N. workers out of "protest" are bigger idiots. Not everyone is going to agree with your point of view, the Muslims need to understand that.

Good grief!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Personally, I am 1 out of 1.5 billion. Do you expect all 1.5 billion people to be on the same page? Personally, I've only met ONE person who was "extreme" in belief and/or practice, and he got what was coming. Stop lumping all muslims into this one group of raging, violent, angry people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join