It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks suspect being moved out of Quantico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so comparing the us to nazis same old tune.

two illegal wars eh sorry they werent no matter what you want to beleive

i can sit here and make a constitutional arguement for both but really why bother your going to think whatever you want so i am not going to waste my time.

we kill for oil on but the rest of the world reaps the benefits while the us does all the hard work

just how many people would be killed in the world when it ground to a screetching halt when it would cost $50,000 for a gallon of gas.

how many people would die as the result when there is no food no nothing to sustain the worlds population.

the crime is to sit back and cower to the whims of madmen.

but this post is rather moot because you will never open your eyes to any real truth in this world.

if you just want to sit there and call americans nazis and offer no alternative or even try to come up with another alternative fuel then you are just part of the global problem.
edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

best not to belief everything you get off fox news. BOTH wars where illegal under international law and that my friend is a FACT nor was either war was ratified...

The U.N. Charter provides that all member states must settle their international disputes by peaceful means, and no nation can use military force except in self-defense or when authorized by the Security Council. After the 9/11 attacks, the council passed two resolutions, neither of which authorized the use of military force in Afghanistan. Resolutions 1368 and 1373 condemned the Sept. 11 attacks and ordered the freezing of assets; the criminalizing of terrorist activity; the prevention of the commission of and support for terrorist attacks; and the taking of necessary steps to prevent the commission of terrorist activity, including the sharing of information. In addition, it urged ratification and enforcement of the international conventions against terrorism.

www.alternet.org...:_the_other_illegal_war/

we kill for oil on but the rest of the world reaps the benefits while the us does all the hard work just how many people would be killed in the world when it ground to a screetching halt when it would cost $50,000 for a gallon of gas.

and soz that is just sick...
you plunder the planet for your fuel addiction and then attempt to justify it... im not even going to bother contending that, your own statement speaks volumes. 2 million dead so you can drive your cars.
bud you just owned yourself...

edit on 20-4-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Would you advocate getting oil in a way that is ethical though? They should at least be transparent about it and tell the public why they're going to war

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

nope sorry i do not get my information from fox news and to bad so sad the un doesnt do a damn thing for american interests the un is a joke.

but for the sake of arguement the us did go before the un guess you forgot about that doesnt really matter tho

your only going to beleive whatever you want to.

on another note i suggest moviing on to someone else nothing will be said here to change my mind of manning

and i am ending it here since its off topic to progress any further is just trolling

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

being the leader of a country any country especially this one things have to be done and they always will that go against the individuals moral and ethical codes.

for any country to survive morality is a luxury one can ill afford every country in the entire world has done things that dont want to do more often than not there is no other choice.

if someone developed an alternative for oil im there hit me with it.

as it stands today the world would literally stop if we pulled back from the world instead you people would ensure the rise of someone worse than we are and trust me people there are way worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How can you be on this website yet still defend the U.S.? The United States are not the good guys (not that the Islamists are).

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It's not the UCMJ. He may as well have poured gasoline on himself and lit it! He, by nature of working with classified U.S information he already signed an agreement with the GOVERNMENT, that should he divulge said information intentionally, then he pretty much ACKNOWLEDGES his own guilt, and gets sent up the river. By divulging the information, he broke his contract to the Government, and now the Government gets to put him in jail for as long as it takes for him to be tried, convicted, sentenced, and locked up for no less than 10 years! And he knew it would happen, and he went and sold his own ass down the road anyway Title 10 USC! Have a great stay there Bradley! Thanks for wasting my tax dollar just to keep you useless carcass alive! It doesn;t really matter what the nature of the information was, because you did it willingly, your TOAST!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

pretty easy actually why not be on here i think people fail to see the world for what it really is.

the world is based on our own perceptions on so called facts that beeen reguritated millions of times based on fiction and the perceived fiction that has been deemed to be so called truth.

you sit there and free to think what you want and say what you want and considering that the united states is evil and i a us citizen is sitting here having no problems other than disagreeing with your thoughts.

anywhere else in the world would have beheaded you or thrown you into a gulag or concentration camp or just plain shot

in your opinion the us is evil which means i am evil ok thats what your free to believe.

so be it

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Regardless of the legal implications why do you not think the nature of the material matters? Right and wrong are not analogous to legal and illegal.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I never said the U.S. is evil, and I never said Americans are evil. However, I do see the foreign policy of the United States to be epically hypocritical and detrimental to human rights. I do appreciate the freedom I'm given as an American, and I think it is great. That does not stop me from expressing my opinions - I don't even know why that has to be brought up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The material dosen't have anything to do with why the guy is in the can right now. He is in the can right now because he did soemthing he already agreed not to do. He is in jail for breach of contract basically. But the fact that he's in Leavenworth is good because that's usually were they send you right away when you do something as STUPID as this guy did. !

edit on 20-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

edit on 20-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

edit on 20-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling !

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

i think its hypocritical to benefit what we do and then condemn them.

do not like us foreign policy stop using the technology and products and goods and services that have come from here.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
im all for him being moved to levenworth

a lot of people believe he was practicing free speech by handing over documents that are classified? how is that practicing free speech, when you take the oath of enlistment before you ship to boot im sorry to say you give up some of your freedoms for however long you enlist for.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Aside from the legal implications. Do you really think what he did is stupid outside of that? He knowingly took the risk to disseminate the information, he knew he was taking a risk that could put him in prison.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

i think its hypocritical to benefit what we do and then condemn them.

do not like us foreign policy stop using the technology and products and goods and services that have come from here.

That's ludicrous. I can't very well stop "benefitting" from what the U.S. does. That's not hypocritical at all. Under this logic you can't disagree with the government on anything if you're receiving any government benefits.
I'm still a member of this society, and I stand with the values the country was founded on. I'm not aware of any technology that the government has given me... My technology was purchased, not given.
Now, can you honestly say you agree with every action the U.S. makes in foreign policy?

After you respond, let's not continue this rhetorical argument, and get back to what the issue is about.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ok i dont like you so i go into your home hack into your computers wait not hack you gave me the access to them and copy every email and picture that you have on your computers at home i then in turn come to this site and post everything i have gotten from you.

still want to give manning a free pass? will you give me a free pass?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't care what he did. He's an idiot.! He knew the implications of what he was doing. He knew it would cause damage to the U.S. But, apparently, he wasn't serious about being in the service of the president of the United States of America, because the person who wears the uniform of a member of the armed forces of the United States only has one obligation. To fight our wars and win them at any cost, by any means, and as quick as possible. No exceptions. No Mercy. No morality. No buts, ands or ifs. The MOST immoral thing about war is losing one. If we have to take everybody with us to win this one, so be it! But you have to win.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

He doesn't have freedom of speech rights. He's a US soldier under contract. Which means his rights are extremely limited and he freely waived them when he signed up. If they still do capital punishment (I'm not sure) But If they do I feel he should get death by firing squad. He used his position in the military to do what you said but he also is responsible world wide for a lot of dead body's. You can't be a US soldier and be an activist and he was informed of that when he sighed up.

Additionally if he wasn't a soldier he created national security risks issues on our foreign policy with about every country in the world as well as blowing countless covers of informants the latter being the most horrific.Not only did he probably get those people killed. I'm sure their family's as well. Anyhow when a citizen does that it's called treason which means even as a civilian he leaked top secret information and he still wouldn't have any rights what so ever. Not a phone call. Not even an Attorney.

Do I think that's how it should be? Yes as long as it's not abused. The United States is the only country in the world and I mean the only one that wouldn't have tortured him for about 12 hours and then shot him dead. In any other country we wouldn't even know that they found the leak.
edit on 4/20/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Bradley Manning being moved to Ft Levanworth

www.latimes.com

The Army private suspected of giving classified data to WikiLeaks is being moved to a prison at Ft. Leavenworth in Kansas, where Pentagon officials said more extensive healthcare would be available for his mental, emotional and physical state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This was posted last night at 8;15 est. get rid of ths thread!read before you start a thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ok i dont like you so i go into your home hack into your computers wait not hack you gave me the access to them and copy every email and picture that you have on your computers at home i then in turn come to this site and post everything i have gotten from you.

still want to give manning a free pass? will you give me a free pass?

If I had given you access to my computer, and you found that I had done terrible, legally reprehensible things, then yes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

thats interesting i violated your right to privacy and i get a free pass.

no skeletons in that closet? nothing that could be remotely taken out of context?

come on no one is squeaky clean.

and the law forbids any action like what i proposed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join