It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on the planet??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Considering "all things" destructive, apocaplytic and the like...

Where would be the safest place to uproot to.
Im currently living in london uk and although were not prone to earthquakes and volcanoes we are prone to flooding and london sits in a basin type platform that would completely flood if the thames barrier were to give way.

Were also in the firing line in terms of war and terrorism.

I know each country has its own problems but my question is if i wanted to leave london , keeping in mind my reason for moving (to avoid the end of the world, however it manifests).. where would i stand the best chance of survival on planet earth.. and why?

Would appreciate your feedback as it is something i am considering...

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Right here in West Texas! Except for the 100,000 acre wildfire a few towns over...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Any one of the many government bunkers if you are fortunate enough.Seriously though
its hard to say cause while you we can feel something coming you just dont know what!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

"Where would you be the safest if World War 3 broke out tomorrow? Perhaps it’s a grim subject, but safety and distance from world conflict can be a motivating factor in your choice to expatriate. At the very least, conflict around the world can weigh heavy on the soul, and it’s nice to know there are some places still left in the world where you might be left in peace. Thus, we’ve assembled a list of the 10 best places to live if you want to escape world conflict."

www.expatify.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Right here in West Texas! Except for the 100,000 acre wildfire a few towns over...

Why West Texas.. why not Switzerland?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Any one of the many government bunkers if you are fortunate enough.Seriously though
its hard to say cause while you we can feel something coming you just dont know what!

No government bunkers are out of the question... i would have to be couped up with people i dispise and mistrust.. i would rather take my chances on land!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would say the Andes Mountain Range, but that's an extreme perspective. The cave paintings and artifacts seem to suggest that the indigenous people survived the global floods and any firestorms that may have occurred, wiping out so much life.
I would consider Australia or New Zealand, but what about mega-tsunami's?

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012

"Where would you be the safest if World War 3 broke out tomorrow? Perhaps it’s a grim subject, but safety and distance from world conflict can be a motivating factor in your choice to expatriate. At the very least, conflict around the world can weigh heavy on the soul, and it’s nice to know there are some places still left in the world where you might be left in peace. Thus, we’ve assembled a list of the 10 best places to live if you want to escape world conflict."

www.expatify.com...

Nice one thanks... although New Zealand at number 1.. thats a bit worrying??!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would guess high up in a mountain range. Whether it be the Swiss Alps, The Rockie Mountains, The Andes or The Himalayas. Those would be my choices.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I would say the Andes Mountain Range, but that's an extreme perspective. The cave paintings and artifacts seem to suggest that the indigenous people survived the global floods and any firestorms that may have occurred, wiping out so much life.
I would consider Australia or New Zealand, but what about mega-tsunami's?

Peace,
spec

Andes sounds good... tsunami country is a def no no...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It depends on what sort of disaster you're running from. Personally I think the best advice is just to be prepared for a major disaster of any kind - hope for the best and prepare for the worst....

link   
I wouldnt mind the Hymalays to be honest... i know they have a strong buddish culture there too..
Anyone ever been or know much about life there?

link   

Originally posted by LS650
It depends on what sort of disaster you're running from. Personally I think the best advice is just to be prepared for a major disaster of any kind - hope for the best and prepare for the worst....

That's what im trying to do.. find a safe location..preparing..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I wouldnt mind the Hymalays to be honest... i know they have a strong buddish culture there too..

Funny you should mention it, there's a thread on that, a wonderful cinematic portrayal of life there, with a great story and ending!

Here

link   
reply to post by AOA2012

Five out of the ten best places to hide away in times of conflict on the list you provided are freezing cold,
they wouldnt be on my list. I think we will be relatively safe here in Aus.

link   
this is a good question, and one that i've often wondered as well, i am liking the cave idea.....it really sounds the safest, however, it would have to be carefully picked out to avoid being near something that could cause it to collapse or get flooded....up high, himalayans...sounds pretty smart

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Funny you should mention it, there's a thread on that, a wonderful cinematic portrayal of life there, with a great story and ending!

Here

Nice 1 thanks!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You tooks the words right out of my gub. Switzerland can be the only place, no bombs or bullets, never seems to be on the economic roller coaster, plenty of money in the banks, (no comment as to where it comes from) the odd UFO about, plenty of trains that never crash and they'll even put you to sleep if you get browned off!

Just to add in certain areas you can still have a puff, the cantons are allowed to do their own thing, but bear in mind that it is considered that there is no lower limit for passive smoke...funny that, when there are safe limits for radiation and heavy metal ingress!

edit on 14-4-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by AOA2012

Five out of the ten best places to hide away in times of conflict on the list you provided are freezing cold,
they wouldnt be on my list. I think we will be relatively safe here in Aus.

Australia..??! you serious..what about the recent floods?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The moon would be the safest place.

That is if anything were to happen there would be no place left to hide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join