It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senate bill mandates gay history in schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people would be added to the lengthy list of social and ethnic groups that public schools must include in social studies lessons under a landmark bill passed Thursday by the California Senate.

If the bill is adopted by the state Assembly and signed by Gov. Jerry Brown, California would become the first state to require the teaching of gay history. Supporters say the move is needed to counter anti-gay stereotypes and beliefs that make children in those groups vulnerable to bullying and suicide.

Opponents counter that such instruction would further burden an already crowded curriculum and expose students to a subject that some parents find objectionable. The legislation, sponsored by Democratic Sen. Mark Leno of San Francisco, passed on a 23-14 party line vote. It also would add disabled people to the curriculum.

Entire article

Lol, the nutjobs in CA never cease to amaze me.

How about spending more time on important subjects like math or science?

No, instead, gay history is more important.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe one day we'll all stop singling out stereotypes and teach tolerance as a whole. I have no problems with anyone's sexual orientation (short of pedophiles) but this is a bit ridiculous. I think kids need more time running laps and playing sports than learning gay history.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
WTF? Dude... what is the world coming to?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

heres a thought when teaching the children of today and tomorrow it has also been my belief

to drop the hypens and labels.

you want to teach american history then its should be american history

nothing more than the name and what they did in their lifetimes.

instead promote the differences promote the divides that someone is better than someone else.

i can't stand california.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Do schools teach about........

Alexander the great?
Ceaser?
Richard the lionhearted?
Abraham Lincolon?
Beethoven?
Di Vinca?
Alexander Hamilton
George Washington?
Susen B Anthony?
Elnor Roosevelt?

If they do.....they already teach about the history of Gays.

Wveryone on that list is either proven Gay or was rumored to be Gay or Bi

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Why is tolerance a one way street? Why can't gays be tolerant of my opinion? Tolerance is great, but it can not be taught. I, and I alone decide what I am willing to tolerate. Why can't gays shut up and live their lives without trying to cram it down my throat (no pun intended)? I don't care if someone is gay, if that makes them happy then more power to them. Go live your life and be happy. Why do they need my tolerance and/or acceptance in order to validate their existence? What I think about it should be irrelevant to them, just as what they think about me is irrelevant to me. I don't want to generalize and throw all gays in the same basket, because that is unfair. There are gay people that live their life and don't care what you or I think about it. Adam Lambert is a great example of that... he is who he is and he could care less what anyone thinks about it. I respect that. Ellen Degeneres is another good example. She is who she is and lives her life without trying to run mine. The Rosie O'Donnell types are the ones that I am talking about. It annoys me when the media has to make a big deal when someone "comes out of the closet", like Ricky Martin a few months ago. "Ricky Martin is gay!" NO WAY... WHO SAW THAT COMING?! Like it wasn't obvious in the first place. I could care less what he or anyone else does in the privacy of their own bedroom, it doesn't effect my life in the least bit. What does effect my life is when the progressive agenda driven school districts attempt to indoctrinate my child with their lies and filth.
edit on 14-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I think it is a GREAT idea. We already have to learn Black history/hispainic history/womens history. They all have Months givin to them. Gay history should be tought. The greatest fighters of all time (the Spartans) were mostly gay. on diff note i think there should be White Male month.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

How about spending more time on important subjects like math or science?

Now, considering the state this is taking place in, I have no problem if this was an Elective course...it would help the child prepare for 'life out there', as every state has it's own culture and vibe.

But if it becomes mandatory, this will be just another indicator that Golden State has become the Experiment State, and there may be no looking back.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There are so many jokes in this just trying to get out, my head is about to explode.

The history of gay people ? I wasn't aware that they had a long lineage via procreation?

How many jokes can you find in that line?

And the fact that they put curriculum focusing on disabled people on the same bill as gays? What are they insinuating?

If I were gay and in California, I'd REALLY be pissed about right now.
( As if I didn't have enough to be pissed off about already).

What's really funny though is that the writer or writers of the bill probably didn't even realize the political incorrectness that could be construed by lumping disabled and gay people into the same agenda.

We all know that people who don't have a lot of intelligence compared to the norm are at least intelligent enough to be aware of that fact. Apparently though this fact doesn't apply to California legislaters.

It's sad really. The joke is on them and they don't even get it.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can argue the fact that pushing the gay agenda in everyones face, creates more gay people.
I will jump into the hot water... yes, being gay is a choice, and I do consider it un-natural/immoral, and plays into the hands of TPTB for breaking up familys/control/population reduction.

I don't have anything against gay people... but please, keep it in the closet so that youngsters aren't influenced and can make an un-adulterated choice.

In other words: DON'T PUSH GAY ON OUR CHILDREN!

On a lighter note, and sorry to break off topic, how in the heck do I post a new thread?
I can't seem to find a link anywhere.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ill get something out of the way right at the start so everyone knows... I dislike gay people...... I dislike lesbians..... I dislike hetrosexuals!!

I dislike anyone who defines themselves by their sexuality, seriously if thats the most interesting thing about yourself..... you got issues.

As for including them in a subculture or ethnic group catergory I personally find it distateful as it somehow implies they arent human/normal. Ironically Im sure Gay and Lesbian groups will applaud this inclusion but I think its just going to create more of an us vs them attitude in the children it is aimed at.

I dont talk about the women I shag or even that I do infact shag women at all so I dont need to hear about some dude doin another dude or some chick doin another chick, ( OK I dont need to hear about it but I am happy to listen when its chick on chick) so perhaps if we all just kept what we got upto in the bedroom to ourselves we could automatically get rid of about 10% of the hate on this world

P.s Im sure people will misconstrue this post both ways but just for the record I am neither homophobic nor pro gay, I sincerely think sexuality should be irrevalent when evaluating a person.

P.p.s except when looking for a GF or BF then its pretty bloody important.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

Look under the last post on this thread, you'll see a link in bold letters that say "New Thread".

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
America is turning into another Sodom and Gomorrah.
And thusly God will destroy America just as it did to them.
The Gay agenda is being pursued on 3 fronts by the NWO.

1) School Education

2) News, Social and mass media programming that gay is ok

3) Chemtrails and Food intake to make us passive.

Know your enemy.

There was even an ad on a website yesterday where
a mother was painting her 8 yr old son's toenails pink.
Wake up America. Satan is leading you to hell.
And it's directives are coming directly from the UN.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Wow... I can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
America is turning into another Sodom and Gomorrah.
And thusly God will destroy America just as it did to them.
The Gay agenda is being pursued on 3 fronts by the NWO.

1) School Education

2) News, Social and mass media programming that gay is ok

3) Chemtrails and Food intake to make us passive.

Know your enemy.

There was even an ad on a website yesterday where
a mother was painting her 8 yr old son's toenails pink.
Wake up America. Satan is leading you to hell.
And it's directives are coming directly from the UN.

I can't say I'm religious (maybe spiritual) but you sure nailed it on this post.
Its everywhere in everyones face! And if you pay attention enough, it becomes clear that there are groups pushing this along with other social engineering programs on everyone, everywhere.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The University in my town had one photo that was included in one of their publications and the only white male in the photo was in a wheel chair.

I always thought it was funny. When I look at the students on the campus, I see whites, asians, and people that look like they are from India. The picture in the publication was fantasy. It is not what the campus population looks like.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
no arguing on the importance of more science and more math for sure; but well... if this country believes that sexual preferences are a personal matter, and that discriminating someone for being a homosexual is a bad thing, the conscience of people must be raised that way, black people have been discriminated for a long time, if we want to live in a more tolerant world, people must know about the role of homosexuals in history, I'm quite surprised many people know nothing about Alan Turing's personal story, though I guess on a board like this everyone knows.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join