It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private investigation held, Video poster needs YOUR help. What's behind the sun ? Nasa says "we do

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Object coming in from far right side of sun - back of sun, nasa holds "no official standpoint" on this subject does anyone have any idea what this could be.

Disclaimer - I did not make this video. I did not make these claims. these could be weather balloons chinese lanterns or swamp gas. keep an open mind people!

edit on 13-4-2011 by prodomino because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 13-4-2011 by RenegadeScholar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Eh ?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Don't we always see those white blips when viewing the sun?
That's nothing new.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It looks almost like the Moon the way its rounded but has light on the right side to show a crescent shape.

Whatever it may be, it's a cool image.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Hmm, interesting point. the moon would block allot of the frame out though if that was the case, i think anyways i'm no expert.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Your Star brothers******* from another Star mother

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Lol my thoughts exactly.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hmm interesting video I suppose, I'm no expert but honestly it looks like nothing to me. The "crescent moon" shape of it does make the object look like a sphere but.. if the "object" was behind the moon the entire sphere would be illuminated, definitely not just one sliver of a side, especially the side that is facing away from the sun. And if the object was in front of the sun we could expect to see a "crescent moon" effect but again it wouldn't be on the far side it would be the side facing the sun that would illuminate.

I'm not saying there's nothing out there, I don't know that, and I'm not saying NASA doesn't hide information from us, because I believe they do, but I don't know, I don't believe this specific image is an incoming object.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
Hmm interesting video I suppose, I'm no expert but honestly it looks like nothing to me. The "crescent moon" shape of it does make the object look like a sphere but.. if the "object" was behind the moon the entire sphere would be illuminated,

Very good point, I'm going to be sending the replys etc i get here back to the video poster. If he's legit and has done as much research that he's claiming then I think he actually wants help on this subject.

Thanks for the reply mate, and the information.
edit on 13-4-2011 by prodomino because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Consider this:

In the images presented, the object appears to be about 1/8 the diameter of the sun. That means that if it were the same distance from the camera as the sun - as opposed to farther away, like the narrator suggests - it would have a diameter a little bit less than 175,000km. The farther "behind" the sun it is, the largest it would have to be. Jupiter only has a diameter of ~143,000km. This object would be the largest object in our solar system after the sun, by a wide margin.

Jupiter is always between ~630 and ~930 million km away from earth, and always easily visible. By contrast, the sun is only ~150 million km away. If the object is near the sun - as assumed in the size calculation - it's at least four times closer than Jupiter. If it's farther from the sun, it would have to be much larger in order to appear the size that it does. Either way, it would be impossible to miss.

The point is, there's no way this object could possibly go unnoticed by the countless academic, governmental, and amateur astronomers in the world if it is as large and as close as it would have to be in order for the video to be correct. Maybe it could be argued that there is a conspiracy at the level of the US government to keep quiet about it, and maybe you could even say that all governments are in on it together. However, it's totally unreasonable to think that all universities and amateur astronomers are also participating in a cover-up.

There are too many people with their eyes to the skies for an object larger than Jupiter to sneak up on us. I get that they say it's "behind the sun," but, unless it had the exact same orbit as the earth, it wouldn't always be behind the sun. If it did have the exact same orbit as the Earth, keeping it on the opposite side of the sun at all times, it would appear in a million other satellite images showing what's there. Not to mention that such an object would exert a noticable gravitational force on anything nearby, which astrophysicists and astronomers would have picked up on by now.

If the object were there, you wouldn't be hearing about it like this.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The guy in the video mentioned a upcoming movie called "Melancholia" followed by "do your research folks", so I checked it out, the movie looks pretty boring really but it could be interesting, tripped me out a bit to imagine if it were true.

Really though I think Hollywood just researches what people talk about and what is interesting and mysterious to people to come up with ideas for movie that people will enjoy, I'm not saying there's no hidden messages and symbolism in movies because there is for sure, but just because there's a movie about something doesn't mean that something will happen.

Melancholia Movie Trailer

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Nice points about the sizes and distances, insightful information thanks.
I have to agree, if something that big were there many people would know about it, I think we're getting closer to calling this debunked.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well said that man (or woman.) Something that big, that close or, as you point out even further away and even bigger, would be affecting the orbits of the planets and as far as I know no-one has spotted any of them not where they are supposed to be.

We have to remember that an MCE has an associated magnetic field and this can twist the charged particles into loops and whirls. Is it conceivable that a loop could bend back on itself enough to form a closed loop?

I'm not an astrophysicist so I don't know but it seems a heckuva lot more likely than a giant planet or brown dwarf star sneaking up on us un-noticed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

I honestly think you hit the nail on the head. didn't notice that man.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS1965

We have to remember that an MCE has an associated magnetic field and this can twist the charged particles into loops and whirls. Is it conceivable that a loop could bend back on itself enough to form a closed loop?

That's a GREAT theory and you could be 100% correct in your thinking i will look a little bit into that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS1965

That's a GREAT theory and you could be 100% correct in your thinking i will look a little bit into that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by prodomino

The maker of the video is merely displaying his ignorance.

At 5:10 is an image he presents which makes it easy for me, I was going to find the same one, to show how wrong he/they is/are.

There are TWO satellites, STEREO 'A' and 'B'....you can see where they are, in their orbits ahead of and behind the Earth's orbital path.

To say that something is "behind the Sun" is nonsense, when you have those two views, and the parallax available from them. Furthermore, WE are also moving, and orbiting the Sun!

He also doesn't realize, but it explains in the first minute or so....the "anomaly" that doesn't seem to move, at all? He mentions all the stars and planets, change in the Solar flare patterns over time....but, the location and position of the "anomaly" stays the same? What does that tell you?

It tells me it is an inherent flaw in the imaging sensor. What kind, I don't know. People who know more about the technology used could be helpful there.

If this hasn't made sense yet, then either do this experiment (or try to imagine it):

Get a camera, put a "blob" on the lens, just off-center. Pick a subject to take a photo of....center that subject. NOW, there is a "something" off to one side, and will always be in the same location, as long as the same subject is centered, in each photo. You can move around, so your angle of view (and things in the background) changes...but, as long as the subject (this will represent the Sun, in this example) remains centered, the "something blob" will always display the same relationship and location.

I have to wonder at that YouTube maker's mental capacity.... :shk:

Well, one clue is early in his narration....where he says "scientifical"!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by prodomino

I have to wonder at that YouTube maker's mental capacity.... :shk:

Well, one clue is early in his narration....where he says "scientifical"!

LOL, could not have said it better, and thanks for the nice explanation appreciate the reply.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Very good point. Its possible a very small micro-meteorite could have impacted the front of the lens leaving a small chip which is distorting the incoming light in a circular pattern.

<<   2 >>

join