It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet-X/Elenin/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This forum is losing its collective mind. It seems everyone is getting sucked into the Pollyana threads about doom, death and destruction without looking at the actual facts. Well, actually, ONE specific fact that blows all sorts of holes in any "secret" conspiracy to hide said comet from the general population:

Universities.

What do Universities have to do with the comet? Well, its no secret that most of the best telescopes and deep-field studies are owned and carried out by colleges and universities. What else are in universities? Tens of thousands of students. What's so special about these students? NOTHING. They have all the normal desires and habits of any other teenager/early 20's person - mainly hormones, a tendency to dislike rigid structure, and whatnot. They also drink.

To me, it's nigh impossible that given the thousands of students - not a single one of them has blown the lid off of an impending disaster that's being held from the general population.

Get an average student involved in the study of the stars. Get them behind the screen of a giant telescope. "Wow - lookey there - a giant star/comet heading straight for us. We're doomed. Let's go get blasted".

And said student keeps it a secret?

Nope. Not gonna happen. Now multiply this scenario by a hundred, or a thousand, and you've quickly hit the realm of implausibility.

Now look at some of the other threads highlighting the mathmatical impossibilities of an approaching dwarf star. Look at some of the other threads talking about the actual dimensions and direction of Elenin. LOOK AT THE FACTS - NOT CONJECTURE, or some dolt from YouTube grasping at straws.

Get a grip, ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Warning, all those predictions can be illusion

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't believe in comet Elenin, but your theory is maeh...people are morons and do as they're told...especially molded students...take said student, then let the big professor tell him, if he sais a word of this to the public he'll won't gradutate and get kicked in the nuts...and pronto...
edit on 11-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't believe that Planet X or Elenin is gonna come and kill anyone but let me add one thing against your post that your gonna hear from somewhere else if I don't say it. Planet X is suppose to be coming up towards the south pole in every theory I've read. How would these colleges be able to view it if they aren't at some south pole observatory? Just throwing that out there before someone else does.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Also add into the mix all the amateur astronomers around the world with no interest in conspiracies but simply taking some nice pictures.

Common sense is sadly lacking at times here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
hmmm

apparently one problem is that they are supposed to see Elenin..and they arent...only sources related to NASA are issuing pictures..

not that im saying there is something wrong about Elenin...just as you said..thousands of hungry students are glazing the skies and none are returning pictures of Elenin when they know how much the World would like to see them..cool

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

I don't disagree with what you are saying. And I think you will notice the "collective mind", for the most part, don't believe that this planet x/nibiru/elenin really exist. Although it's still fun to read all the crazy information, prophecies and dreams that are posted about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Your wasting your time, there will be another comet elenin doom thread later today...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Planet x or Tyche as it is known is believed to be a brown dwarf that the NASA WISE telescope dicovered before going ofline ! (suspicious in itself)
Comet Elenin is a comet(obviously) discovered by a Russian amature astronemer that has a tragectory that will come close to Earth (apparently).

These are two different things and seems people are confusing them as the same ! they are not !

Seems that people are not doing too much homework and relying on threads of others as there source of info here!

Check out IAU Minor Planet Center website they have all info you need about Elenin!
www.minorplanetcenter.org...
Then tell me it does not exist !
edit on 11-4-2011 by Exforcesuk because: to add..

As for Tyche.... Heres a lovely pic ...

edit on 11-4-2011 by Exforcesuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Well let me get this out here before someone else does, but Earth rotates around the sun, so not only would we have a clear view of where the supposed Planet x is, but we would also feel it's pulling effects. Honestly once you apply logic and common facts about the universe this whole planet x crap falls apart.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
hmmm

apparently one problem is that they are supposed to see Elenin..and they arent...only sources related to NASA are issuing pictures..

not that im saying there is something wrong about Elenin...just as you said..thousands of hungry students are glazing the skies and none are returning pictures of Elenin when they know how much the World would like to see them..cool

Yep, only sources related to NASA.

Like these guys.

www.aerith.net...

And if 'the world' is 'a few delusional psychotics on a message board', then sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exforcesuk
Planet x or Tyche as it is known is believed to be a brown dwarf that the NASA WISE telescope dicovered before going ofline ! (suspicious in itself)
Comet Elenin is a comet(obviously) discovered by a Russian amature astronemer that has a tragectory that will come close to Earth (apparently).

These are two different things and seems people are confusing them as the same ! they are not !

Seems that people are not doing too much homework and relying on threads of others as there source of info here!

Check out IAU Minor Planet Center website they have all info you need about Elenin!
www.minorplanetcenter.org...
Then tell me it does not exist !
edit on 11-4-2011 by Exforcesuk because: to add..

Yeah, infra-red telescopes cooled by a limited supply of liquid helium or solid hydrogen with a fixed mission limit going off line, that's suspicious as hell!

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Learn how infra-red telescopes work before jumping stupidly to conclusions.
edit on 11-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Please see my above reply and look at the picture then try telling us again that we should be feeling a gravitational pull ! Tyche or planet x is still in the oort cloud about 15000 AU away !

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exforcesuk

So you supply a picture (that anyone could make) and tell me this is proof?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

Sorry, was that directed at me ? I am merely trying to differentiate the difference in confusion about Elenin and Tyche! I make no claims to be an expert or even be remotely clued up just trying to keep people in the right direction !! I am definately not stupid however

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exforcesuk
reply to post by NyxOne

Sorry, was that directed at me ? I am merely trying to differentiate the difference in confusion about Elenin and Tyche! I make no claims to be an expert or even be remotely clued up just trying to keep people in the right direction !! I am definately not stupid however

Well, at least you're honest.

Though I'd still say you are fairly dense because you apparently believe that Tyche is real.

It is hypothetical, and we won't know if it exists until 2013.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

So you supply a picture (that anyone could make) and tell me this is proof?

No not at all ! Again i am merely trying to help with peoples understanding! If you read the title of this thread then you would see that Planet x and Elenin are getting banded together and thought about in same context when they clearly are not! However are you saying that you dont believe that the NASA WISE telescope has found planet TYCHE ( Planet x ) ??
I would beg to differ on this ...
edit on 11-4-2011 by Exforcesuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exforcesuk

and why is that? There's no proof of a planet x, and this simply is not worth discussing because everytime I state facts I get swarmed by these crazy Planet x believers and their nonsense, so im leaving it at that..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

ok lets take it right down a few levels....

fairly dense

Clearly comared to you yes i must be ! and my dads bigger than yours blah blah...

C-mon lets behave like adults now what is it you fear most ! your oppinion not been heard or the opinion of others been different to yours !

Hyperthetically yes i believe it exists !!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Don't students have restrictions on the use of universities equipment? I mean, they must have to submit a project that has to be approved, no?
And I hardly believe that EVERY students of a university would have access as they wish to the telescope.

So, wouldn't it be easy for the administration of said university to simply reject projects that would be pointing near, or at (Whatever X NibiruTyche ) could be?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join