It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP's War on Women

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

and just exactly how many times have you insulted me in our little exchange interesting how that works

but then again dont care what people call me or what they say.

edit on 11-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so planned parenthood is the only place they can get pap smears and cancer screenings what there are no hospitals anymore?

Hospitals cost money, you know that. This debate is about federal tax funding. Why does PP get federal tax funding? Oh yeah, because they provide that healthcare for people that cannot afford to go to a hospital. You must be just playing because this thread is exactly about the GOP stopping federal funding for programs that help women in need and you are asking why they don't just go plop down a wad of cash at the hospital? There is no way you are having this much trouble following along. I know you are smarter than that.

bristol palin why not she played and now she paid

Actually she just got paid big money to give another abstinence speech. Gosh, I wonder who was taking care of her baby while she was cashing her big check for telling girls not to have sex. Bristol Palin making bank as teen pregnancy spokeswoman That must be really hard on her.

actually since planned parenthood feeds off of the poor and minoriies the majority is democratic really now just exactly now how many are republican?

How do they feed off of the people they provide free and low cost services for? Is it the same way soup kitchens feed off the homeless or EMTs feed off of crash victims?

only republicans start wars huh never heard of world war 1,2,korean,vietnam,bosnia, oh and the continuation of iraq and afghanistan or and now libya.

Go back and read that again. I said IF ONLY DEMOCRATS GET ABORTIONS THEN I GUESS.... I was pointing out that it was just as much a lie to say only republicans start wars as it is to claim only democrats have abortions. Now you are trying to point out the same thing.
See what happens when we apply your logic? Even you want to try and correct it.

the only party to ever use the nuclear bomb not once but twice was you guessed it the democrats i guess there were no innocent people in nagasaki or hiroshima

i see alot of flaws in everything you have said.

LOL, the only flaw you pointed out was yours after I pointed it out and you failed to understand that. This is the funniest abortion thread ever!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Stratus9

3% of PPH is designated for abortions.. they admit as much.

I think taking away funding is stupid, it's a good service, but tax payer dollars shouldn't fund abortions. If you want one, pay for it on your own dime.

But what if the person who is pregnant cannot afford an abortion? Isn't that the point of such a service? Isn't it more economically astute to pay for the abortion than to pay for a child to be raised until adulthood, possibly beyond? Surely if the mother cannot pay for an abortion she is not going to be able to afford to raise a child either?

Free abortions are good economic practice. Unless you're raising cannon-fodder.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
They are providing a service. If something whether it calls itself the Republicans or Tea Party or not will decrease the number of women having abortions instead of raising that number, who wouldn't be all for it?

But what happens if it turns out that the ends no longer justify the means?

Defunding Planned parenthood will lead to rise in abortions

Taking away free condoms and sex education in my town will do what since PP does not perform abortions here? The same hospitals that perform abortions now, will still be perfoming abortions when all those kids who could not get free rubbers start showing up pregnant. Sometimes we have to be realistic.

"PP performs abortions and needs defunding" sounds really great and all but if the reality is that the defunding will actually lead to a rise in abortions, is anyone willing to rethink? This is the abstinence only teaching argument all over again. It was shown that AO teaching lead to a rise in teen pregnancy. What was the argument? But the cause is noble. Sure it is, but when the result is the exact opposite, that noblity oxidizes and becomes rather easy to chip away at. Again, I offer Bristol Palin was raised in and AO home. That noble cause is a rusted pile of dust on the floor.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

still taking it personal i see

federal tax dollars fund medicare which the so called poor use when they go to a hospital or a clinic or any community health center.

federal tax dollars fund planned parenthood which not everyone who goes to planned parenthood is poor.

at least bristol is earning cash instead of sitting on her butt waiting for a welfare check

free and low cost healthcare is a joke in this country and nothing near the quality of care where now a hospital

and no its not a planned parent thrives on who? the poor and minorites last time i checked a republican woman isnt poor.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

noone is denied anything in this country i guess there are no hospitals or clinics or any other healthcare providers

I am really not sure what part of those places charge lots of money you do not understand.

i guess there is no mediciad either just exactly how many places do we need that all do the same things.

And if you are denied medicaid but still do not have the cash on hand to find out if you are going to die...? Can every cash strapped gal get medicaid? Does it cover all that stuff perfectly? Please enlighten me.

someone isnt trying here affordable meaning having someone else pay for everything?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Just like our affordable wars, oil subsidies, agricorp subsidies, insane government salaries, etc. We are all paying for all kinds of things we do not want to. Like I said before, explain to me how I can stop any of my money from going to fight wars and I will help you stop any of your money from helping a poor girl get healthcare. Easy peazy!

i am paying my money for people who sleep around get tested for everything and who cant keep it zipped up

You get cancer from sleeping around? Where exactly did you recieve your sexual education? Homeschool?

and really now since i am a guy why do i have to pay for cancer screenings and pap smears since i will never need one?

I am not a murderer so why do I have to pay for the murder of our soldiers and foreign peoples?
I was close with that COD thing, wasn't I?

yeah that is a two way street just like with every other government program that i have to pay for i never get any use out of it.

I am very sorry to hear you have no use for a healthy vagina.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
Why are the GOP willing to shut down the Entire Federal Government over women getting cancer screenings and birth control?

More importantly Planned Parenthood provides early detection of thousands of cases of female cancer and sexually transmitted diseases a year which saves thousands of lives

You just answered your own question.

which saves thousands of lives

Right there. Population control duh

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadPenny
Great posting Sinnthia

I have a question, I'm in the UK, I receive a letter every three years, have since I was 18, notifying me that I am due for my Cervical Smear test. ALL women (who are registered with a NHS GP and I should imagine private patients too) get the same reminder. This is budgeted for nationally and locally. Is there no similar practice in the US?

Thank you because with this it is really tough. I hate engaging in this particular topic but I hate watching men take an athoritarian stance on women's issues with the viewpoint that they both know better and have a greater stake in the outcome waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.

I can really only answer that from my personal experience but I would have to give a big general no. Since there is no standard government healthcare, no one cares about our hooha until we seek someone out and tell them we have one. I get notes from my doctor reminding me I am due for this or that because I have a doctor that I see and pay a lot of money. The people I know that have utilized PP will also get such reminders but only because they have been to PP before and kind of established a doctor patient relationship. So, if you go find a healtcare provider and tell them you have a vagina, they will then remind you to come back so they can look it over but if you do not take that first step, no one is going to remind you to do anything. I hope that answers your question.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

perhaps it's the catering to offer mentalities, the subversion of self-sustainability, the preying on women and immigrants, setting them up for failure by catering to them like subhuman second class citizens that can't do anything by themselves

You hit the nail on the head as to why I, as a female, have always felt insulted by the leftist and feminist view of women. You can't get more anti-woman than that.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Thank you because with this it is really tough. I hate engaging in this particular topic but I hate watching men take an athoritarian stance on women's issues with the viewpoint that they both know better and have a greater stake in the outcome waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.

I can really only answer that from my personal experience but I would have to give a big general no. Since there is no standard government healthcare, no one cares about our hooha until we seek someone out and tell them we have one. I get notes from my doctor reminding me I am due for this or that because I have a doctor that I see and pay a lot of money. The people I know that have utilized PP will also get such reminders but only because they have been to PP before and kind of established a doctor patient relationship. So, if you go find a healtcare provider and tell them you have a vagina, they will then remind you to come back so they can look it over but if you do not take that first step, no one is going to remind you to do anything. I hope that answers your question.

It does, thank you very much. It raises another though, and I am guessing that I already know what you are going to say, but does a mother have to register her child with a health care provider when it is born? Do new mother's get routinely visited by a health care provider? What about pregnacy care? Is that too 'optional' (by that I mean, onl;y if you can afford it)?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Exactly because these are the same people that decry federal funding for programs that assist poor children. So they don't want anyone to abort it and they don't want to help raise it. This is why I always wonder why these people are protesting planned parenthood instead of adopting every unwanted child rotting in a foster home somewhere but I guess that is because they do not really care about children or life, they really only care about fetuses. I do not understand it one bit.

If the same people would start adopting babies left and right, proving it as a benneficial alternative to abortion, imagine the results. Because I know people that have actuallly had the thought that they would rather abort a baby then let it become a ward of the state to be lost for 18 years and then unleashed on the world, unloved and with no family to call their own.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Exactly because these are the same people that decry federal funding for programs that assist poor children. So they don't want anyone to abort it and they don't want to help raise it.

How sad that the mere suggestion of an adult behaving like a responsible adult has become SUCH an outlandish notion. It's only going to get worse I'm afraid....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

and just exactly how many times have you insulted me in our little exchange interesting how that works

I am really not sure but I bet a top ten list would be fun. Maybe just toss me a total with links to the posts you find most offensive.

but then again dont care what people call me or what they say.

Oh...so you posted this then to say...?

I guess I am really not sure what your point is.

still taking it personal i see

Not really. Not really taking it personally either. Does it feel like that to you? Maybe you feel something I do not. That happens a lot with me and men.

federal tax dollars fund medicare which the so called poor use when they go to a hospital or a clinic or any community health center.

Uh huh. Ferderal tax dollars go to several programs to help people in need. I asked you to delineate the financial redundancy. Repeating the claim whilst failing to do the latter is little more than saying what you just said but louder. Louder is not any more convincing.

federal tax dollars fund planned parenthood which not everyone who goes to planned parenthood is poor.

I hear Paris Hilton uses PP. All the rich girls do. It is trendy. PP should be defunded because of all them wealthy witches out there on their PAP tourism. Sickening really.

at least bristol is earning cash instead of sitting on her butt waiting for a welfare check

That is right. Good for her. What is she "earning" that cash for again? That seemed to kind of be the important part.

free and low cost healthcare is a joke in this country and nothing near the quality of care where now a hospital

You are right. Lots of free things are not as good as their expensive counterparts. Very good.

and no its not a planned parent thrives on who? the poor and minorites last time i checked a republican woman isnt poor.

What?

I did ask you to explain how PP is taking money from the poor. You said they feed off of them. How?

Republican women are not poor? Didnt you and I both just get done correcting you on this type of generalizing? If I change my voter registration, what kind of raise do I get?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Exactly because these are the same people that decry federal funding for programs that assist poor children. So they don't want anyone to abort it and they don't want to help raise it. This is why I always wonder why these people are protesting planned parenthood instead of adopting every unwanted child rotting in a foster home somewhere but I guess that is because they do not really care about children or life, they really only care about fetuses. I do not understand it one bit.

I am reading a fascinating book at the moment, I really think you would enjoy it, 'Goddesses, Whores, Wives and Slaves: Women in Classical Antiquity' by Sarah B Pomeroy. In Ancient Greece and Rome there is a clear delineation between proscribed sexual practices in peace time and those in war. Abortion and contraception were outlawed when war caused drops in population, marriage was enforced for women from the age of twelve and a woman could be prosecuted if she wasn't married by 20, and divorced if she produced no off-spring (that was usually considered the woman's fault). In times of peace though, anal sex and homosexuality were highly promoted, as the most effective forms of prevention.

Looking at the US, it is hard not to see the similarities, so much 'love' seems to be directed at the cluster of cells, none for the adult that they are to be. Nothing more than a cannon-fodder production line if you ask me.

edit on 11-4-2011 by BadPenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BadPenny

Unfortunately the same thing applies. If you have a baby, you need to go tell someone you want them to care if your baby is healthy. The state only steps in when someone calls them up and reports you for neglect or abuse, then they decide whether or not to take your child away from you.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

Exactly because these are the same people that decry federal funding for programs that assist poor children. So they don't want anyone to abort it and they don't want to help raise it.

How sad that the mere suggestion of an adult behaving like a responsible adult has become SUCH an outlandish notion. It's only going to get worse I'm afraid....

Right because the only reason anyone gets pregnant is because they chose to have a good time and should be an adult and own up to it. I guess when 14 year old Molly gets impregnated when her daddy rapes her, anthing short of being a great mommy would be not acting like a responsible adult. How does a 14 year old rape victim act like an adult? Does she get voting rights?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

reply to post by BadPenny

Unfortunately the same thing applies. If you have a baby, you need to go tell someone you want them to care if your baby is healthy. The state only steps in when someone calls them up and reports you for neglect or abuse, then they decide whether or not to take your child away from you.

The assumption being, always, that the rich and middle-classes don't abuse their kids, only poor people with paper thin walls to seperate them from their eavesdropping neighbours do that.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Looking at the US, it is hard not to see the similarities, so much 'love' seems to be directed at the cluster of cells, none for the adult that they are to be. Nothing more than a cannon-fodder production line if you ask me.

edit on 11-4-2011 by BadPenny because: (no reason given)

I am afraid that is exactly what it looks like from this side of the pond to me as well. Interesting to hear your view from the outside looking in and how closely you seem to see much of what I see from two very different points of view. That book sounds quite interesting and I am adding it to my list of books I have lined up for my next trip to the nonfiction section. Thank you very much for that as well as what seems to be a pretty objective outside view on the topic.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The assumption being, always, that the rich and middle-classes don't abuse their kids, only poor people with paper thin walls to seperate them from their eavesdropping neighbours do that.

You have so perfectly nailed my personal experience with CPS (the people that come check on you) with amazing accuracy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Right because the only reason anyone gets pregnant is because they chose to have a good time and should be an adult and own up to it. I guess when 14 year old Molly gets impregnated when her daddy rapes her, anthing short of being a great mommy would be not acting like a responsible adult. How does a 14 year old rape victim act like an adult? Does she get voting rights?

The rape argument hardly holds any water. 'Pro-choicers' act as if rape is the only scenario in which ends in abortion. That's far from the truth. Rape rarely results in pregnancy and over 90% of abortions are done out of convenience.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join