It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP's War on Women

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well you heard the applause after he said that and apparently there are alot of people who agree with his statements

I think the applause was about the person, not because she is a woman, but that's just my opinon. The language however, is still offensive and vile from anyone.

if its wrong to do for one side its wrong for all sides.

edit on 10-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: dang afterthoughts

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by neo96

unlike the million of democratic women who thinks thats its ok to screw around and then kill the consequences.

Republican women don't have abortions?

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!

No unfortunately they don't they'll have every one of those little bastards and live off of welfare (gotta love the irony of that one!), or stripping/prostitution, or inheritance or wealthy husbands or they'll simply adopt the little snots out to someone else. It's against their ethics to abort them.
edit on 10-4-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add something

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

i cant recall the last time anyone on the right said something remotely like this about any woman on the left or any other woman

Rush Limbaugh reaches new low in attacking Hillary Clinton based on her 'axx'

(Redacted actual headline for T&C.)
SOURCE

Ring any bells? Can you hear me now?

edit on 10-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

what did i just not say? attack the right and dismiss the left doing the same things and worse.

if its wrong for one side then its wrong for all

now does that ring any bells?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maher has idiotic opinions on women that often cross over into the "sexism" realm. He is in fact well known for this. But what this has to do with the OP, or abortions or anything else I don't know. Republicans say sexist things, democrats say sexist things, but there are also pro-choice republicans and anti-choice democrats. So what is your point exactly? That one is better or worse than the other? For the most part Dems and Repubs are the same, they work for the corporations, not the American people and most care more about their bank accounts and power than they do the country and constitution. That said, there is still only one party that is doing a ridiculous amount of grandstanding over cancer screenings and pap smears for women...and that is part of the point of the OP.

And one other thing, I'm not going to give a pass to all those people who says stuff like "taxes/gov't money shouldn't go towards abortions"...for the last time, it doesn't. NO government money goes towards abortions as per current law...so can you just stop it with that false line of reasoning. Defunding PP will do nothing for the deficit, yet it will have a devastating effect on all those poor women who get their annuals, cancer screenings, and other non-abortion medical care from PP...and of course since access to birth control will be decreased abortion will also probably increase. (why can't we get senators and congresspeople whose "logic and common sense" part of the brain has not completely atrophied?)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

if its wrong for one side then its wrong for all

now does that ring any bells?

Ding Dong. I TOTALLY agree.

So why did YOU bring it up then with YOUR post/video?
edit on 10-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

because i am sick and tired of the endless threads on this site where one side is ever called out on anything

when they both do the same damn things.

one side is evil and one side are the saviors of the republic.

thats why.

i am sick of the bs that one side cares and one side is just evil incarnate

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Away.

The place you should go far.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

nope i'm not going anywhere without people like me people like you would have nothing to do other than to "preach to the choir"

and

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i am sick of the bs that one side cares and one side is just evil incarnate

Me too neo, which is why I usually stay out of these political forums, but I think all of these threads can reflect a bit of trolling, they also draw reactions form people that feel bullied by the gov, the corporations, the media or a political party/figure.
So when a thread starts out blaming the one side there are natural defensive responses. I am trying to learn by being more objective, pouring through the links/resources provided in our threads, then weighing it all out to see if there are more injustices on one side or the other. What I have found is, and this my opinion, how I see it, when it comes to:

Money? They both play dirty
Lobbying/Special Interests? They both play dirty
Greed and corruption? One side milks the gov and the other milks the profits from corps...They both play dirty

On the other hand....
Sexist? More the right
Religious? More the right
Aggressive? More the right
Mean spirited? More the right
Racist? More the right
Sex Scandals with minors or same sex(not saying same sex is bad, just how the hypocrisy reeks from those that preach against it, then get caught doing it)? More the right
www.salem-news.com...
www.ranker.com...
www.dkosopedia.com...

And let me clarify, I am not trying to offend anyone, but as an effort to at least find something valuable from these threads, I am sharing my perception of this right/left debacle. I am reminded too of course, they are 2 sides of the same coin and the bickering just continues....
So why do I reply? Well this thread spoke to me because of some things my own family members have said.
ANd to the overall gist that the left 'hates' women more by comparison. Yes they all are guilty, but there is no way if the hate was measured, that the left would harbor more than the right.

Whoa, please pardon the digression OP,
spec

edit on 10-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

On the other hand.... Sexist? More the right Religious? More the right Aggressive? More the right Mean spirited? More the right Racist? More the right

the only one on the money is there are more religious on the right but as the rest

read through this website its easy to pick out those who are on the left and the right and come back and tell me if that still rings true.

really now who are the more agressive people on this site, who are the most mean spirited and racist? who are the ones going around calling posters stupid etc. who are the racists on this website have you read any thread relating to isreal?

this website is a microcosm of this country and the world.
edit on 10-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agree to disagree fellow member, in good spirit.
The futility of the 2 party system and unlikelihood of any successful alternative, sometimes makes me wish for a OWG, the shiny bright one that is, you know all altruistic and transparent? I don't know, but things are certainly changing, for better or worse, the rides getting faster. It would be a better ride minus the insults though huh? I agree there, for all and from all.

spec

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh pullleeeeze!!!
planned parenthood? Margaret Sangers organization????????

Margaret Sanger
Founder of Planned Parenthood

In Her Own Words

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
(Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

Copyright © 2001 Diane S. Dew www.dianedew.com

Margaret Sanger (1883-1966)
On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children:
Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control:
The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

On religious convictions regarding sex outside of marriage:
"This book aims to answer the needs expressed in thousands on thousands of letters to me in the solution of marriage problems... Knowledge of sex truths frankly and plainly presented cannot possibly injure healthy, normal, young minds. Concealment, suppression, futile attempts to veil the unveilable - these work injury, as they seldom succeed and only render those who indulge in them ridiculous. For myself, I have full confidence in the cleanliness, the open-mindedness, the promise of the younger generation." Margaret Sanger, Happiness in Marriage (Bretano's, New York, 1927)

On the extermination of blacks:
"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107

On adultery:
A woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, Sanger believed. Birth Control in America, p. 11

On marital sex:
"The marriage bed is the most degenerating influence in the social order," Sanger said. (p. 23) [Quite the opposite of God's view on the matter: "Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled; but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4)

On abortion:
"Criminal' abortions arise from a perverted sex relationship under the stress of economic necessity, and their greatest frequency is among married women." The Woman Rebel - No Gods, No Masters, May 1914, Vol. 1, No. 3.

On the YMCA and YWCA:
"...brothels of the Spirit and morgues of Freedom!"), The Woman Rebel - No Gods, No Masters, May 1914, Vol. 1, No. 3.

On the Catholic Church's view of contraception:
"...enforce SUBJUGATION by TURNING WOMAN INTO A MERE INCUBATOR." The Woman Rebel - No Gods, No Masters, May 1914, Vol. 1, No. 3.

On motherhood:
"I cannot refrain from saying that women must come to recognize there is some function of womanhood other than being a child-bearing machine." What Every Girl Should Know, by Margaret Sanger (Max Maisel, Publisher, 1915) [Jesus said: "Daughters of Jerusalem, weep... for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in which they shall say, Blessed (happy) are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts which never gave suck." (Luke 23:24)]

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)
Editor of The Birth Control Review from 1917 to 1938.

Founder of Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the world.

Her goal in life:
Sanger admitted her entire life's purpose was to promote birth control. An Autobiography, p. 194

Helped to establish the research bureau that financed "the pill," she contributed toward the work of the German doctor who developed the IUD. "Ernst Graefenberg and His Ring," Mt. Sinai Journal of Medicine, July-Aug. 1975, p. 345, in Margaret Sanger: Father of Modern Society, by Elasah Drogin

Sanger espoused the thinking of eugenicists -- similar to Darwin's "survival of the fittest" -- but related the concept to human society, saying the genetic makeup of the poor, and minorities, for example, was inferior. Pivot of Civilization, by Margaret Sanger, 1922, p. 80

On mandatory sterilization of the poor:
One of Sanger's greatest influences, sexologist/eugenicist Dr. Havelock Ellis (with whom she had an affair, leading to her divorce from her first husband), urged mandatory sterilization of the poor as a prerequisite to receiving any public aid. The Problem of Race Regeneration, by Havelock Ellis, p. 65, in Margaret Sanger: Father of Modern Society, p. 18. Ellis believed that any sex was acceptable, as long as it hurt no one. The Sage of Sex, A Life of Havelock Ellis, by Arthur Calder-Marshall, p. 88

On eradicating 'bad stocks':
The goal of eugenicists is "to prevent the multiplication of bad stocks," wrote Dr. Ernst Rudin in the April 1933 Birth Control Review (of which Sanger was editor). Another article exhorted Americans to "restrict the propagation of those physically, mentally and socially inadequate."

Sanger featured in Life magazine, 1937, "Margaret Sanger celebrates Birth Control Victory." life-mag.jpg (40008 bytes)

This page is under construction.

PLANNED PARENTHOOD TODAY

"We are not going to be an organization promoting celibacy or chastity."
Faye Wattleton, President, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Los Angeles Times, Oct. 17, 1986
_______

"If your parents are stupid enough to deny you access to birth control, and you are und

Please find more on this wonderful dystopian organization at:

www.dianedew.com...

eugencists...thelot.
edit on 10-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

nope i'm not going anywhere without people like me people like you would have nothing to do other than to "preach to the choir"

There it is again. "People Like You" why do you feel the need to marginalize and segregate those you disagree with. That is a symptom of hatefulness and mean spiritedness coming from the right if I ever saw one.

edit on 10-4-2011 by whaaa because: code tu

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Lets find out how bad Democrats are.

1.Neil Goldschmidt – Democrat – Oregon governor. Admitted to having an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old teenager while he was serving as Mayor of Portland.

2.Barney Frank – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Massachusetts. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman’s Washington apartment for prostitution

3.Jerry Springer – Democrat – Resigned from Cincinnati City Council in 1974 after admitting to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor.

4.Melvin Jay Reynolds – U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1993 to 1995. Convicted on sexual misconduct and obstruction of justice charges and sentenced to five years in prison.

5.Former New Jersey Governor James McGreevey resigned his office and publically admitted his relationship with his croney/lover Golan Cipel who resigned from a $100,000/yr job created by McGreevey

6.Edward Kennedy – Democrat – U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.

7.DNC – The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.

8.Sandy Berger – Democrat – National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. Berger became the focus of a criminal investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from the National Archives during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings

9.Robert Torricelli – Democrat – Withdrew from the 2002 Senate race with less than 30 days before the election because of controversy over personal gifts he took from a major campaign donor and questions about campaign donations from 1996.

10.Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde – Democrat – the son of newly elected U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, was booked on charges of criminal damage to property for allegedly slashing tires on 20 vans and cars rented by the Republican Party for use in Election Day voter turnout efforts.

11.Daniel David Rostenkowski – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Illinois. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.

12.Charles Coles Diggs, Jr. – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Michigan from 1955 to 1980. Convicted on eleven counts of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms- sentenced to three years in prison.

13.Don Siegelman – Democrat Governor Alabama – indicted in a bid-rigging scheme involving a maternity-care program. The charges accused Siegelman and his former chief of staff of helping Tuscaloosa physician Phillip Bobo rig bids. Siegelman was accused of moving $550,000 from the state education budget to the State Fire College in Tuscaloosa so Bobo could use the money to pay off a competitor for a state contract for maternity care.

14.John Murtha, Jr. – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting, in which FBI agents impersonating Arab businessmen offered bribes to political figures; Murtha was cited as an unindicted co-conspirator

15.Gerry Eastman Studds – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Massachusetts. The first openly gay member of Congress. Censured by the House of Representatives for having sexual relations with a teenage House page

That's just 15 of many things i can think of.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It is just this kind of stuff that the OP and Democrats post that make it very hard to take them seriously. By posting the sexual deviancy on the right that is totally unrelated to the planned parenthood argument you are trying to make is absolutely halarious.

Star and flag for you...just for the humor alone.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
16.James C. Green – Democrat – North Carolina State House of Representatives. Charged with accepting a bribe from an undercover FBI agent, but was acquitted. Convicted of tax evasion in 1997.

17.Frederick Richmond – Democrat – U.S. Representative from New York. Arrested in Washington, D.C., in 1978 for soliciting sex from a minor and from an undercover police officer – pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. Also – charged with tax evasion, marijuana possession, and improper payments to a federal employee – pleaded guilty.

18.Raymond Lederer – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting – convicted of bribery and sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

19.Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr. – Democrat – U.S. Senator from New Jersey. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Allegedly accepted an 18% interest in a titanium mine. Convicted of nine counts of bribery, conspiracy, receiving an unlawful gratuity, conflict of interest, and interstate travel in aid of racketeering. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $50,000.

20.Frank Thompson, Jr. – Democrat – U.S. Representative from New Jersey. Implicated in the Abscam sting, convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges. Sentenced to three years in prison.

21.Michael Joseph Myers – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting – convicted of bribery and conspiracy; sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000; expelled from the House of Representatives.

22.Alcee Lamar Hastings – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Florida. Impeached and removed from office as federal judge in 1989 over bribery charges

23.Marion Barry – Democrat – mayor of Washington, D.C. Convicted of coc aine possession after being caught on videotape smoking crack coc aine. Sentenced to six months in prison

24.Mario Biaggi – Democrat – U.S. Representative from New York. Indicted on federal charges that he had accepted bribes in return for influence on federal contracts.Convicted of obstructing justice and accepting illegal gratuities. Tried in 1988 on federal racketeering charges and convicted on 15 felony counts.

25.Lee Alexander – Democrat – Mayor of Syracuse, N.Y. Was indicted over a $1.5 million kickback scandal. Pleaded guilty to racketeering and tax evasion charges. Served six years in prison.

And a few more.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i have read alot of your own postings there whaa from where i sit you have no room to talk

none whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

i have read alot of your own postings there whaa from where i sit you have no room to talk

none whatsoever.

The difference is....

You are just a person I disagree with. Not separate from the American community; not a "people like you"
just a person with different ideas than mine. That's all....

I would rather be called a filthy racist name than be segregated and marginalized for my race, religion or political leaning.
edit on 10-4-2011 by whaaa because: code iivi

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The OP is not different than most liberals. They are in La La land. Planned Parent Hood is being targeted by the GOP because they want to hurt women? Everyone that I know that has gotten cancer, goes to planned parent hood for help. ha ha. Give me a freaking break! They go to a Dr. they are familiar with and they send them to a specialist. It's all about free loaders that don't want to take responsibility for their actions. They get pregnant and don't want to face responsibility for their actions and run for help. Plain and simple. If my mother would have done that I would not be here today. (just saying) I’m not defending the GOP but I understand they are trying to get our spending under control, because if someone don’t we will be (are) in big trouble. I assure you they will not do what needs to be done but they are the best hope we have for now. In short the Government Subsidies need to stop now!!! Everyone and I mean Everyone needs to take responsibility for their actions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join