It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride Spill at Illinois Water Facility burns through Cement....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I searched and didnt find anyhting about this on here. So I figured that I would throw it out there. At the end of last month there was a tanker truck that contained hydrofluorosilicic acid, a chemical fluoride component commonly added to drinking supplies for the purpose of preventing cavities. I say bring on the cavities and stop putting this sh#t in our water!!!! Heres the link to an article...Fluoride Spill...

And heres a video...

edit on 10-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Ewwww yeah thats not good. When my son's Pediatric doctor wanted us to get a prescription from him for fluoride in my sons water, I said, "no thanks, I brush his teeth every-night with non fluoride toothpaste"

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Mmmm, corroooosive.

What's it going to take for people to wake up? A five minute search on the internet with yield scores of controversy surrounding water fluoridation. The levels of inquisitiveness and concern from the public aren't sufficient to reach the critical mass required to remove fluoride from the water in most places, although there have been a few cities that have stopped.

Here's a brief thread I wrote on fluoride a few months ago: Water Fluoridation and its Aura of Apathy

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Overindulgence of alcohol can kill too.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Acetic acid will do the same thing, but I doubt its proof that pickles are deadly.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

what it doesnt mention is that the tanker contained CONCENTRATED acid - what the hell do you expect ????

do you realise the PPB concentration in drinking water ?

its not rocket science :

we need a minimum of 1.5g salt [ sodium chloride ] / day - but drinking only raw seawater will be fatal within 5 days

lastly most municipalities add chlorine to drinking water - thats exactly the same cholorine that was used as a war gas in WWI , its delivered to treatment works as a liquid gas - and if a leak occured it would need just such a HAZCHEM response - but at th < 0.5PPM concentration found in tap water - it is safe

so come on - put this in perspective

concentrated chemicals = bad

dilutions in the PPM range = acceptable

join