It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas vows to rain rockets on Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Apparently Hamas bit off more than it could handle... Im all about a cease fire and peace process, but Hamas has done this time and time again, demanding a cease fire / end to hostilities for the sole purpose of reorganizing, rearming and starting it up again.

This comes on the heels of Israel releasing a map showing bunkers / weapons storage etc, along with Hamas rockets hitting the bus, and a palestinian extremist murdering a family while they slept, including their young children.

Hamas needs to go so the people of Palestine can have a chance at their own state. As long as Hamas is in power and continues with their attacks, nothing will change. Hamas will attack, Israel will counter attack, Israel will attack, Hamas will counter attack.

Let the POalestinian people run their own affairs and end the violence. The moment violence stops from Gaza, Israel will lose any support for attacks.

Hamas makes rare appeal to Israel to halt fighting

JERUSALEM – A senior member of Gaza's ruling Hamas movement on Sunday made a rare appeal to the Israeli public for a halt to the escalating cross-border fighting, telling an Israeli radio station in fluent Hebrew that Hamas is ready to stop its rocket fire if Israel ends its attacks on Gaza.

As nightfall approached, Gaza militants had fired about 10 rockets and mortar shells at Israel, police said, but Israel had not hit back.

At a late afternoon meeting of Israel's Security Cabinet, made up of senior ministers, the military was told to "continue to operate against terrorists in order to stop the (rocket) fire on Israel."

Hamas' deputy foreign minister, Ghazi Hamad, delivered the message to state-run Israel Radio. "We are interested in calm but want the Israeli military to stop its operations," Hamad said in Hebrew.

Hamas refuses to recognize Israel, but Hamad and other leaders of the Islamic militant group learned Hebrew during time spent in Israeli prisons.

Other Hamas officials said they were in touch with mediators in hopes of restoring calm.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You make it sound like Hamas has always been in power making it 'tough' for palestinians to move on.

Can you explain why there wasn't any peace or a permanent ceasefire when Hamas had no power?

There always seems to be something new to shift the blame towards palestinians. First it was Osama supporting them, than Saddam now Iran and next i guess it will be Gadaffi?

Let's leave everything aside and get to the important issues.

Why is US tax payer funding and arming this Zion-terrorist nation which openly boasts about it's illegaly acquired biological/nuclear weapons and constantly illegaly expands it's borders?

Now if you're going to reply by telling me that it's due to Hamas firing pringle tubes packed with baking powder than don't even bother.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Apparently Hamas bit off more than it could handle... Im all about a cease fire and peace process, but Hamas has done this time and time again, demanding a cease fire / end to hostilities for the sole purpose of reorganizing, rearming and starting it up again.

This comes on the heels of Israel releasing a map showing bunkers / weapons storage etc, along with Hamas rockets hitting the bus, and a palestinian extremist murdering a family while they slept, including their young children.

Hamas needs to go so the people of Palestine can have a chance at their own state. As long as Hamas is in power and continues with their attacks, nothing will change. Hamas will attack, Israel will counter attack, Israel will attack, Hamas will counter attack.

Let the POalestinian people run their own affairs and end the violence. The moment violence stops from Gaza, Israel will lose any support for attacks.

Hamas makes rare appeal to Israel to halt fighting

JERUSALEM – A senior member of Gaza's ruling Hamas movement on Sunday made a rare appeal to the Israeli public for a halt to the escalating cross-border fighting, telling an Israeli radio station in fluent Hebrew that Hamas is ready to stop its rocket fire if Israel ends its attacks on Gaza.

As nightfall approached, Gaza militants had fired about 10 rockets and mortar shells at Israel, police said, but Israel had not hit back.

At a late afternoon meeting of Israel's Security Cabinet, made up of senior ministers, the military was told to "continue to operate against terrorists in order to stop the (rocket) fire on Israel."

Hamas' deputy foreign minister, Ghazi Hamad, delivered the message to state-run Israel Radio. "We are interested in calm but want the Israeli military to stop its operations," Hamad said in Hebrew.

Hamas refuses to recognize Israel, but Hamad and other leaders of the Islamic militant group learned Hebrew during time spent in Israeli prisons.

Other Hamas officials said they were in touch with mediators in hopes of restoring calm.

Yes darn those religious extremists killing people that have settled onto their land because the settlers' holy book said it was ok. For the record I've never seen any proof that the palestenians killed that family. Got some? As far as Isreali maps showing weapons. It was my understanding that it was Israel who supplied most of the maps and information presented to the UN before the Iraq invasion. Whoops.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Care to explain why there is no pece between hamas and israel, while at the same time we hear little to nothing about the West bank? Israeli construction companies are helping to build a modern city there with the palestinians. Then again you also dont hear of rocket attacks coming from the west bank do we?

As far as Us support, valid point. Can you tell me why the Dictatorships in the Middle East fund Hamas?

Do 2 wrongs make a right?

Back to what I said before... The Palestinian people need to retake control fo their government and direction they are going. So long as the missiles are coing into israeli, and israeli retaliating, it wont stop.

As a side note, what does having military weapons that arent being used have to dow ith the problem at hand, other than an attempt to shift focus?
edit on 10-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Valid points.. Care to show where it is Palestinian land, and while you are at it, care to show the lineage of the palestinians who claim its there land to suppor tthat claim?

As I said earlier, the palestinian people eed to take control of their government and their affairs. Hamas is only looking out for themselves, and the israeli government is doing the same thing.

But hey if we are going to use history as our guide, then the nomadic tribes of Africa own the middle east, and the asian / pacific islanders potenitally own north, central and south america.

Of course that would disenfranchise the neanderthals...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

For the record I've never seen any proof that the palestenians killed that family.

Neither have i, normally a jewish family living is such close proximity to palestinians have armed private guards or IDF soldiers guarding them.

What i don't understand is when one or two israelis get killed, it becomes big news around the world but when Palestinians get killed, it's like they deserved it as they are not 'humans'.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Valid points.. Care to show where it is Palestinian land, and while you are at it, care to show the lineage of the palestinians who claim its there land to suppor tthat claim?

As I said earlier, the palestinian people eed to take control of their government and their affairs. Hamas is only looking out for themselves, and the israeli government is doing the same thing.

But hey if we are going to use history as our guide, then the nomadic tribes of Africa own the middle east, and the asian / pacific islanders potenitally own north, central and south america.

Of course that would disenfranchise the neanderthals...

Are you saying that most of those people weren't born there? Are you looking for paperwork? Where is the Jewish paperwork? the Torah? The Talmud? I was born in New Orleans but my family history goes back like 200 years there. Are you saying if someone shows me proof that their family was there before mine, I should give up my land to them? whatttt???????? lol. Helloooo

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ohh god, back to musical chairs again.

Do you seriously think that if Hamas and rockets didn't exist, israel would automatically stop building illegal settlements and bring down the cage it has created?

Palestinians have been suffering for decades, while hamas has only been in power for what 4 years now?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Thats my point.. no amount of paperwork, from either side is going to solve that question of who owned what, when and where. Its a baseless argument built upon a non existant foundation...

There are 2 choices.. learn to live in peace, or watch the body count run up on both sides.

As I said before, the governments need to change to resolve the situation. and YES, there are extremists, on BOTH sides, who will go to whatever level is required to own the entire pie instead if sharing it. Those people are the ones who need to be slapped down by their people and put in place.

Hijacking a religion, whether it be Jew, Muslim or Christian, does not and will never justify the actions of those who murder on behalf of their "God".

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Ohh god, back to musical chairs again.

Do you seriously think that if Hamas and rockets didn't exist, israel would automatically stop building illegal settlements and bring down the cage it has created?

Palestinians have been suffering for decades, while hamas has only been in power for what 4 years now?

Your response is part of the issue I am talking about. Please point out in my posts where illegal settlements come into play? Launching rockets into israel and hitting a bus, or blwoing ones self up at a cafe, or launching airstrikes to the extent of trying to kill an ant with an armored division makes no sense.

Again, people on both sides need to take control of their governments, push the extremists who have the I want it all or no one will have it mentality, and find common ground to end the issue.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Your response is part of the issue I am talking about. Please point out in my posts where illegal settlements come into play? Launching rockets into israel and hitting a bus, or blwoing ones self up at a cafe, or launching airstrikes to the extent of trying to kill an ant with an armored division makes no sense.

Again, people on both sides need to take control of their governments, push the extremists who have the I want it all or no one will have it mentality, and find common ground to end the issue.

Why the hell do you keep talking about a few pringle tubes missing targets, a father blowing himself up because he's lost his family due to Apache hellfire and a teenager throwing stones because he sees no future?

While zionist Irgun/Stern terrorists turned into israeli leaders armed and funded by US who bombed, destroyed and raped Palestine?

Just answer my question in YES or NO.

Do you believe that israel will stop hurting and raping the palestinians if Hamas stands down and gives up firing pringle tubes?

If israel is a true democracy and believes in human rights and a Palestinian state than the question shouldn't really be hard to answer should it?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ok I can agree with you on that.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
People never care to stop for a secound and ask, why would hamas carry out these brutal attacks? I think if we solved the problem of "why" the attacks would stop. The media constantly potrays Hamas rocket attacks being caused by their "hate" towards the jewish population. However many profesionals in the journalist and political community regard this as untrue. I condemn the dispicable acts carried out by Hamas. But, why are they doing this. The West Bank and Gaza are currently under an occupation.

a. Invasion, conquest, and control of a nation or territory by foreign armed forces. b. The military government exercising control over an occupied nation or territory.

link
The Palestinians in these occupied areas are living in horrific conditions. Many here on ATS constantly discuss their fear of living in a police state or that America/UK has become a police state. What you don't realise is that citizens of West Bank and Gaza have expirienced these conditions since 1967. They have curfews placed upon them, they are subjected to home evictions and have their houses demolished and reposesed by Israeli's. They must cross constant checkpoints often being search or denied entry. They are caged into small areas by a maze of roads made by Israel for their settlers. Often they are beaten, killed or bombed by the IDF. Above all their land is slowly being annexed into Israel and they see this. These people have no means of defending themselve conventionaly from this occupation, which means many have seen it necassary to impliment a form of Guerilla Warfare. This is the harsh reality.
Many in America and the West constantly talk how they would fight against tyrany and defend themselves against repression by all means necassary. Yet when the Palestinians try to do so, they are condemned. It is important to understand the history of the occupation before you judge Palestinians.

EDIT: We constantly talk about Hamas being religous extremists, but isn' t Israel as a state a religous extremist state? They settled in Palestine in 1948 becuase the "Bible" told them too. They occupy the West Bank and Gaza becuase the "Bible" told them to. They ethnically clense Palestinians becuase the "Bible" told them that the land Palestinians have occupied for thousands of years is theirs. Isn't that the same as when Islamists blow themselves up in "holy Jihad'?
edit on 10-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

I see Israeli CITIZENS building HOMES on their own land.....

and should build anywhere they darn well please.

You'll never stop it and there's NOTHING you can do about it!!!

According to international law they are not building homes on their own land. They are building settelments in the most fertile and strategically well placed areas all over the West Bank and doing so they are braking international law.
Do you support Israels gradual annexation of Palestine? Would you be happy if one day the Palestinians were ethnically clensed and all of Palestine bacame Israel?
edit on 10-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Hamas have been saying that since the beginning, even in the OP article:

"Palestinian resistance movement Hamas has vowed to continue firing missiles into Israel until Tel Aviv halts its attacks on the Gaza Strip".
www.presstv.ir...

In your source Hamas says the same thing:

"Hamas is ready to stop its rocket fire if Israel ends its attacks on Gaza.."
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 10-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: layout

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by australian2011
Seriously all the attacks are just b/s on both sides. God's eye is on Israel and nothing will take her from him. It will take all the nations banding together and going against Israel to realise they will never win against God.

Israel's only friends in this world are Johnnie Walker, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and Old Grand Dad.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Just answer my question in YES or NO.

Your like the defense attorney who asks a question, and doesnt like the whole answer thats coming. So instead of hearing it all, which would undoubtedly cause issues with your case, you shoe horn it into a yes or no answer..

The prolem with that is the old adage...

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Not the truth, the half truth, and whatever helps your argument out.

Diplomacy needs as many words as it can get its hands on. Limiting a complex question to a yes or no answer does nothing to resolve the issue. Everytime I have a lawyer pull that while im on the stand, I refuse the premis of the question and force them to reask in a different manner that allows the entire truth, whether that truth is liked or not, to come out.

I think some factions on both sides in the middle east are fighting over who has the better imagainary friend. I think factions on both sides have hijacked their religion in an effort to legitimize what they view as right.

What they fail to see is just how wrong they are...

Arab, Jew... Does it matter to the entire population what territory is claimed by whom and how many of the enemy killed in the process, when all they want is peace so they can go to work to provide for their family without the fear of being blown up, be it by a homicide bomber, airstrike, rocket attack or tanks in the streets.

What would be your reaction if every country on the planet expelled all arabs from their countries and outlawed Islam within their borders?

where does it end?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That's gotta be the longest yes or no I've seen..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
But, why are they doing this. The West Bank and Gaza are currently under an occupation.

Then maybe the arab governments should not have instigated a few wars where they had their asses handed to them. I always find this argument humerous.

Had the arab countries been succesful, and conquered Israel, we would not be having this converdsation right now. I fail to understand why the Palestinians let the arab governments push them into a position of refusing a homeland. The British plan called for a jewish state as well as an independant, sovereign palestinian state.

Maybe, possibly, had they started with communication with israel, instead of a truck bomb 15 minutes into the israeli nations birth... maybe if they communicated instead of launching a few invasions to wipe them off the map... Maybe things would be different.

All the anger at Israel for occupying territory.. Yet I fail to see the same anger towards Egypt, Jordan, Syria or Lebanon, who also occupy palestinian land.. Or is that acceptable because they arent Jewish?

Conditions in Gaza.. i agree, very bad, however israel does not get 100% of the blame on this one as some would argue. How are things going in the West bank out of curiosity? We have seen time and time again of aid shipments heading to gaza that contain weapons and military supplies.

How does a gun help put food on the table?

Maybe, again, if the people would take back their government instead of allowing it to be hijacked by extremists cowards who defile their own religion, things might be different. Maybe, again, if Israeli citizens would take back their own government instead of allowing it to be hijacked by cowards who defile their own religion, things might be different.

If Hamas was not the problem, then why did the Jordanian Governent send troops into one o their camps back in the day, which resulted in about 6k palestinian refugee deaths.

If we are going to use the argument of who was where and when, then again, the Arabs have no more of a claim on land in the middle east than the Jews do.

Debate and argument aside, I do have a serious question I would like to ask.

I constantly see the argument of who owned what land when, and its usually tagged to religion. The Jewish religion spans about 2-3k years, give or take, while Islam started around 600AD. I know that Islam does not view Muhammad as the creator of islam, it still begs the question of when Islam came around.

If it came after Juedaism, then where is the valid claim?

and again, I am not all that versed on Islam, so my questions are serious.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

That's gotta be the longest yes or no I've seen..

Come on now... You've seen my responses in the legal threads.. I have done longer. However, those threads, nor this one, can be answered with a simple yes or no.

Its like asking the question:

Is it ok to kill another person?

Yes or No

Without allowing for the grey area of self defense, mitigating circumstances, a complete picture of the events at hand etc, the answer is flawed and invalid.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join