It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Easter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by nohumanintentions
for my religiously challenged friends: easter is the worship of the summer soltice when god's "SUN" has risen from the dead (of winter). the sun is your savior because if it doesnt rise than we are dead.
thats why easter is held on "passover" because the sun has passed over the equator.
nothing more but sun worship. these sheeple need to WAKE UP! and people wonder why their prayers are not answered. because you are ignorant to what you do and true history. The divine presence in the universe does not tolerate ignorance and will not answer you prayers. watch and learn

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-4-2011 by nohumanintentions because: (no reason given)

Im awake

Its a blessing that someone else gets the big picture too and finally others understand that religion is a LIE, and MOTHER nature IS our GOD and that the world that we live on is like our child, and we should treat it with the respect it deserves,only then will we be able to live in peace.
I only hope the world can wake up before its to late.

Peace

Meathed.

I disagree. The idea of time is man made, and you'd probably agre with that since it's thrown around on ATS more often than a Schnitzel hoax.

But if time doesnt exist beyond the 4th dimension and everything is eternal, then we as humans might not be able to comprehend it.

Why is it that humans can imagime an Omniscient/Omnipresent deity which defies logic, but they can't fathom an eternal universe without a begining???

it goes to the question of "who created God"?

Religion is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind.( I wrote that)
SO............... Noooooo..... You agree with me. You just may have misread what i said.
I said nature is our ownly god. Nature is what gave us life, not a god that blessed us with his gift.
I do imagine a world without a god, as i believe we dont have an Almighty.
So im sorry if you misunderstood me

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
ohhhhh ohhhhhh
I'm gonna tell, I'm gonna tell.

The last I remember, it didn't turn out
so good for the woman boiling the bunnies

edit on 4/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
who cares? all easter is to me is a reason to see my family and have a great home cooked meal. its a celebration of spring. eggs, bunnies, sunshine and all that good stuff. i went through my "omg we've been lied to! holidays are a pagan celebration" to "who cares, its just a nice excuse to see family and reflect". the ends justify the means.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nohumanintentions

Haha, yeah, duh. This isn't anything new. where do you think chicks and bunnies come from? Theyre signs of fertility. As one of those crazy people who pray to the creator I'm gonna just say this much, everybody is ignorant to something. Maybe you should consider that you're ignorant to the idea of "tainted goods." Lifes a pretty complicated puzzle, don't toss out pieces before you've got the picture on the box.
Peace!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Exactly, well put! That's how we've come to look at it, too. We wanna get together and eat ourselves into a coma and enjoy time spent together.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Fantastic videos!
Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned cadbury eggs. My 2 year old had never seen one before, and yet he instinctively tried to walk out of walgreens with one! (we're working on that issue)

Easter is a time for me, as a Christian, to celebrate Jesus' resurrection after sacrificing Himself so my sins can be forgiven. We also 'hunt' ridiculously easy to find eggs, make way-too-big meals and laugh with family members and friends, and celebrate life as a whole...although that seems like it's done quite often

Don't forget to hit the stores the day after, 50% off all the candy!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I love the sun, I'm totally down with a bit o' sun worship.

We can thank the sun for everything we have, all life on earth depends on the sun, I don't know why sometimes you hear sun worship being spoke of like its some sort of evil pagan thing to do. The sun selflessly gives us the gift of free energy and life and so it would be a nice thing to say thanks, whether or not it can hear you shouldn't really matter, I think its nice just to give praise where praise is due.

The sun has given me more than Jesus ever did lol.

edit on 10-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I respect everybody's opinions. But the one thing that really "grinds my gears" is this misuse of words. Sun and Son are similar phonetically in English but not in Spanish, Italian , French, Portugese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic and the list goeeeeeeezssss on. Same with the stupid argument God is Dog spelled backwards. What??!! REALLY??!! I mean come on. Is this the best y'all can do??
you probably got told you were some masterminds on some internet test and you believe evrylittle babble you are calling thoughts that is entering your coconuts or cocopuffs.

AND something different...time is not man made. Time is real. How we chronicle it in increments is man made. Nature chronicles it several ways. By revolutions of the moon and revolutions of the sun. By seasons. By star positions. BY whale and bird and other's migration patterns. They must be man made too? Time is very real.
edit on 10-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: droid problems

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Should this not be in the rant forum??

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Isis is where the dollar sign comes from too, no? $$$

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

It's my line of thought that our use of the word "God" comes from the dog star...
edit on 10-4-2011 by rstregooski because: dzdhgasdfhsdfhsdfghsdfhsdfhsdfhsdfhsfdthjs

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Gotta love Jordan Maxwell. I did a similar thread, and I have a better crop of the "sun worship" portion of his lecture (below). Also, I believe it's the Spring Equinox we're referring to...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Even if so, Sirius, is nothing like God. In Latin or Egyptian or whatever you want to pick there will be nothing similar to God and Dog. Not Canine, Lobo, not anything. It is just a misplaced coincidence exploited by the opportunistic and/or ignorant. It is a fallacy. Pick a new argument. It is VERY WEAK. Or is a week weak? Maybe we should have work months.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You know , I can relate to where you're coming from , but I'm kind of a live-and-let-live type of guy . I'm not a christian , nor do I adhere to any type of religious dogma . I have my own thoughts on all of that . But hey , to each his own .

Anyway , for those interested , here is a thread giving a pretty good explanation of the origins of Easter . I found it to be fairly accurate and factual , from reaching the same conclusions in my own study of religion over the years .

As for me and mine , we do it all for the little ones and the BIG meals , nothing like getting all the family together and pigging out until you're miserable and watching the little guys have a great time .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned cadbury eggs. My 2 year old had never seen one before, and yet he instinctively tried to walk out of walgreens with one! (we're working on that issue)

Easter is a time for me, as a Christian, to celebrate Jesus' resurrection after sacrificing Himself so my sins can be forgiven. We also 'hunt' ridiculously easy to find eggs, make way-too-big meals and laugh with family members and friends, and celebrate life as a whole...although that seems like it's done quite often

Don't forget to hit the stores the day after, 50% off all the candy!!!!

Sorry for being a party pooper lol but all those candies have tons of poison in them, like soy lecithin, glucose, etc. That's what gives us cancer and people are so happy to eat them. It's hard to find chocolate or candy without that c..p, but if you care about your health and your children's health you would take your time choosing the right sweets.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by rstregooski

Even if so, Sirius, is nothing like God. In Latin or Egyptian or whatever you want to pick there will be nothing similar to God and Dog. Not Canine, Lobo, not anything. It is just a misplaced coincidence exploited by the opportunistic and/or ignorant. It is a fallacy. Pick a new argument. It is VERY WEAK. Or is a week weak? Maybe we should have work months.

Interestingly enough is the Sirius XM Radio's logo.. With the dog and the star eye....

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
"who cares, its just a nice excuse to see family and reflect". the ends justify the means.

Sad that we need excuses to see family.
Contradictory to the meaning of spirituality isn't it ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join