It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Teen Says Father Saved Her From Sex Offender

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh, and I wanted to add props to the dad for his actions. He restrained the guy, and held him until the police arrived!

Now THAT's a good dad!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

If you're going to defend the sociopath cops i'd say your just as bad as them yourselves. Defending them because you need someone to hold your hand!. Props to the Dad for protecting his daughter from a sick predator trying to rape her and shame on the police forces for failing to see that the offender almost raped a little girl and dad saved her from this child molestor

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

I know you like to talk a good line here on ATS, and I don't have any problem with that. I have also seen you take a reasoned approach to a problem. However I have to say that if this incident had turned out to be a case of mistaken identity or some other non-serious occurrence, and you had shot this guy down with this little information...

Wow...

Mistaken identity or not, valid reason or not, he forcibly grabbed her, and she was forced to defend herself and run away. i would definitely have taken a reasoned approach, I would not have "shot him down." I would have reversed the roles, coaxed him into my vehicle either with reason or force, and I would have used much forethought, planning, and reason in the way I disposed of him.

Oh, and I wanted to add props to the dad for his actions. He restrained the guy, and held him until the police arrived!

Now THAT's a good dad!

And there is a reason i would have put so much reason into it. Police make mistakes, defending yourself is sometimes a crime, tracking down someone and restraining them is kidnapping, assault, etc. My father was once arrested for being stabbed. Just what it says, we were removing things from an abandoned rental property, the folks that had lived there go word of it from a neighbor, and while my dad was arguing with the woman, the man ran up behind him and stabbed him. Dad proceeded to beat the guy half to death, and the police arrested my Dad! They said the evidence and disparity in injuries made him look like the aggressor.

Sorry, but a "good Dad" doesn't take that chance. No chance of the offender getting another attempt, no shot at the Dad going to jail. Maybe it is just my country side, but we handle these things ourself. We don't need any intervention from authorities, and in fact, on at least one occasion, I had a detective tell me this exact quote, "You know, I'm about to go to lunch, my radiio will be off, most of patrol is across town controlling traffic for a fire, I can't hold this guy right now, so he will probably still be around the neighborhood. Be careful and good luck." (The offender was a homeless guy that had killed my dog, and stolen my mothers purse. The cops had held him 24 hours, released him, and he came right back to his old camp, and they couldn't arrest him again, so the detective was perfectly ok with country justice.)

Even the authorities in a country town no the deal!!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am also a 'country boy'. You don't have to tell me about 'country justice'. In fact, I would have to say there is very little chance of you being in a location more 'country' than where I have been born and raised. There is absolutely no way to justify what you are advocating. Not with the little information available in the initial post. There is always time to shoot him later if it turns out your suspicions are correct.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

OK, I will admit, I am making a lot of assumptions and placing myself and my family in place of those in the story.

I am assuming that my daughter would not be prone to overreacting, and that she would be honest with me in all regards, so if she explained the situation as a man trying to abduct her, then I could believe it.

I am assuming that upon finding the guy, his explanations would have been cliche, unconvincing, or generally slimy.

I am also assuming that the neighborhood is such that it would be obvious if he wasn't a known neighbor or someone that frequented the area.

I am making my blanket statements with the many assumptions that would have already been verified if this was actually me, and actually my neighborhood. You are correct that with the limited information available, we don't know these things, but I think it is safe to believe all those assumptions were pretty accurate.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

As it turns out, at least so far, your assumptions are looking good. However I am always in favor of making SURE you are punishing someone who needs it, and not the guy trying to find the kid who keyed his car.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
there's no reason to lay your hands on a girls shoulder/boys shoulder. i don't give a crap what they may or may not have done. even questioning of names??
you call the authorities, ' that ' is what you do. not invade a persons personal space with the likes grabbing and questioning.

who on this planet doesn't know the crimes being commited today ? anyone ?
then a bodyslam you shall get.
edit on 9-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
IDK, if some man laid a finger on my daughter, my husband would have to wait in line! At work they give seminars to teach you that "Any unwanted touches can be construed as sexual harassment". I could care less what the guy wanted, if my kid was walking home from school, minding her own business and was harassed like that, a head-lock would be the least of his worries!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette
So the system fails another child who was about to end up kidnapped. Who didn't see that coming...

Criminal Law is not always black and white. The only crime that has occured was the harrassment / misdameanor assault. If the sex offender says he was not trying to kidnap the girl, and there is no evidence ot the contrary, then the Prosecution will have issues with burden of proof on that charge, possibly allowing the guy to completely get off with no charge.

People need to understand that Felony charges often contain whats called lesser included offense. As an example if a person breaks into a persons house, then they can be charged with burglary, or tresspassing, but not both (tresspassing is a lesser included offense, since a person would ahve to tressspass onto the property in order to burglarize it). It will vary some state to state, but the underlying premis is the same.

Also, keep in mind the investigation is most likely ongoing. Just because he was cited does not mean that is the charge that is going to be used. Its entirely possible for the PA to review the police investigation once done and file additional felony charges against the guy.

The issue here though is people are making whats called a leap of logic = he must have been trying to kidnap the girl in order to rape and kill her because he is a convited sex offender. We do not have the entire story, and there is most likely facts that were not released.

Before we gather the town folk, light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks, lets give the authoritites the benefiet of the doubt for the moment and see if anything else is forthcoming.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
We need to have civilian oversite for police services to control these scum bag cops.
They are just out of control sociopaths
edit on 9-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

We need counsels of citizens in every region and jury duty, inclusive, that watches over all police, court, and governing, and has teeth to yank and disband, fire and boot. And replace.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I use to volunteer in an outreach ministry that also dealt with ministering to sex offenders. One of the major issues for those accused of such crimes are people harassing and trying to get them thrown back in jail, regardless if they truly reoffend or not, as they just don't want those people in their neighborhoods.

It is quite possible in this case that what the girl claims happened, never happened. Sex offenders are well known in neighborhoods, especially due to notification laws, and this man could have easily been a target. It is purely hearsay where the girl states the guy approached her and "Grabbed" her. She then called her dad who drove around to find this guy and then tackle him until police arrive.

This could easily just be a scheme cooked up by the father/daughter to get this sex offender out of their neighborhood and back in jail. Many people who pursue such harassment tend to rationalize it, saying that a white lie or false accusation to put a sex offender back in jail will actually prevent a possible future sex offense/victim in their neighborhood.

Not saying that is what happened in this situation, but it is quite common.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
why all this railing against how 'the system failed'?

You can't charge someone for a crime they didnt commit, and there is little to no evidence they were going to commit.. His only crime was harassing the girl.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I am actually empathetic toward "some' sex offenders, I think our laws are a little too restrictive,

say what now?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanObanion

reply to post by IvanObanion

Maybe someone fitting her description had just sprayed his garage door? We have no information is what I'm saying.

Umm, there's quite a bit of information. What you just said is equivalent to postponing an investigation in a murder with eyewitnesses because the police don't know which shelf the box of bullets was pulled from when it was bought.

No, it isn't. Not even close. A better comparison would be to say someone who grabbed someone on the arm, according to one person, was only charged with harassment because that's all there was evidence of. No one was killed. NO one was raped, or attacked. Your understanding of how our legal system works is woefully lacking.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanObanion

reply to post by SirRebrl

He COULD have been doing anything. We don't know. People here have already convicted and killed this guy when they don't have a clue what was happening!

That's absolutley pathetic. So if someone is caught raping a girl you shouldn't arrest them because they COULD'VE just slipped and fell and ended up penetrating your daughter?

Did you even read the story. No one was 'caught raping someone'. someone was accused of grabbing someone. IF my daughter accused you of grabbing her, would it be okay for you to be charged with rape? People like you are WHY we need a justice system, because the mob mentality wold be driven by people like you.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If we go by innocent until proven guilty, I would think harassment is all the court could convict him of.

I can just imagine the reaction people would have if it was the opposite, that someone is convicted of something he is not guilty of. I bet the same people complaining about how the system fails would complain about how the system fails.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

"NOTE: The people in this thread (or the ones who look at it but don't say anything) are more than likely supporters of devious sex acts against children."

your Troll-Fu is weak. 3/10. you can do so much better, I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I'm guessing since he is a registered sex offender, that he isn't even to have contact with minors!! Isn't that a violation of parole???

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Really?? Not a clue?? Well, here is one: He is a reigstered SEX OFFENDER! Try that for starters.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This guy is clearly getting attacked because he's black..sorry OP, but he didn't do anything wrong, and there's no actual proof he was going to harm her in any way. In my opinion he looks like a nice guy and was more than likely just going to walk her home and make sure she was safe.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Nobama because: trollface.jpeg

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join