It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of California before the next big quake!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Not that I want to gloat about my academic achievements, but I am waiting for your response.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Well I didn't duck the question... I thought you were trying to say that this thread was real proof that something was definately going to happen soon and laughed. If I knew for a fact, say a tidal wave was on the way here, well yeah I would drive inland, probably through the woods to avoid traffic, and camp out a few days. Then I would go back and rebuild, and help rebuild the town.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
dont forget washington state, BC, oregon and northern california

cascadia subduction zone

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I hear you, I'm not saying the idea isn't crazy, nor is it a prediction. I would call it a good guess if it should happen soon. I haven't found the key to predicting volcano's or earthquakes, It's a hunch based on the current activity of the plates-induced by our current active solar cycle-which is expected to continue building up for another year or two before leveling off.
Earthquakes will coincide with solar activity, and they will also become a normal part of news, and these threads.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Yeah I have thought for a while that the solar energy directed at earth has to have some kind of effect on the energy in the earth, and how fast it needs to vent it in some way or another. It doesn't sound far fetched to me at all.

Another thought I had is that this is already known. They know when there is a high likeliness of an event to occur, but choose not to inform people about it. Can you imagine how chaotic life would be if we get to the point of predicting everything, and it being televised? Masses of people running away from areas all the time, I am wondering if more people would die due to the scared sheep stampeding, than if they ride it out.
edit on Sat, 09 Apr 2011 06:34:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

AARYS-what if your country had been better prepared for the earthquake? What about Japan? Japan is also well known for their enormous earthquakes, actually China invented the first seismic recorder:

In AD 132, Zhang Heng of China's Han dynasty invented the first seismoscope (by the definition above), which was called Houfeng Didong Yi (literally, "instrument for measuring the seasonal winds and the movements of the Earth"). The description we have, from the History of the Later Han Dynasty, says that it was a large bronze vessel, about 2 meters in diameter; at eight points around the top were dragon's heads holding bronze balls. When there was an earthquake, one of the mouths would open and drop its ball into a bronze toad at the base, making a sound and supposedly showing the direction of the earthquake. On at least one occasion, probably at the time of a large earthquake in Gansu in AD 143, the seismoscope indicated an earthquake even though one was not felt. The available text says that inside the vessel was a central column that could move along eight tracks; this is thought to refer to a pendulum, though it is not known exactly how this was linked to a mechanism that would open only one dragon's mouth. The first ever earthquake recorded by this seismograph was supposedly somewhere in the east. Days later, a rider from the east reported this earthquake.[3][4]

I hate to source Wikipedia, but here is the link:en.wikipedia.org... my professors would have my head...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
ohhh man. i plan on going to cali this summer to visit my dad for a week...i just had a weird feeling that ill experience my first eq ever...as the big one

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

I can guess that you will experience an earthquake or two, but hopefully it's not a big one.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Dear OP,
please tell me which area in the world is safe from Mother Nature and i will move there immediately.
I would say universe but as of now i do not have a space ship so moving off planet is difficult for me now.
Truth is if i move from Kalifornia, i have to deal with any other of a million problems that corporate paid scientists say i will have.
I think i will just stay home and not fear the reaper.

Was this catastropheclysm a gream of yours, or a prediction?
If prediction, then when please?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For all I know California won't be the next target....may be London.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
I really hope no one listens to ur warning, the more people lost in this disaster will be a world better off, californians are the root of idiots

This comment displays the root of the worlds evils. Wish for harm on anyone, or any child born here. So quick to write off whole groups of people including their children in judgments but not so quick to look at oneself where the only judgments should be made.

The ability to forsee it and think that harming someone is good. Basic earth tests. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Serve others, be like unto the sun. The parent of the solar system, working nonstop, shining its light and giving life to everything here. We need to grow up and start to reach into our stars within.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Well hey man what happened to the humungous shake and bake that was supposed to happen on March 31st? Here I sit, in the mountains east of San Diego, watching snow coming down onto a ground that is quite stable and quiet.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I have an acquaintance that predicts EQ. He can feel it etc etc and he said between the 10-12th something will happen. I am watching San Andreas as I am here in MO and see things starting to wake up. Like 4's when we have not had any in good long time..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I live on the East coast USA and when california goes im going to high ground, and quite possible the safest zone in American, the Appalachian Mountains. I would be nice to get as many people there before and after the BIG one and just live off the land, would be nice

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think I'll be fine in the hills of Yosemite aka 'Gold Country' CA... pretty far from the coast.

The environment there is too nice to pass up on, this being the last year on 3D Earth.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by svendutch

YES YOU SHOULD! Stop raising insurance premiums by living on coasts and acting like "WE never thought the Volcano could blow da he..." C'mon seriously.

Everyone should move (not all the way across the world in some other area of disaster) away from Volcano's, and Large Fault Lines, and Low Lying coastal and river regions.

You cannot see the seismic difference between California, and Mexico, and Iceland? I'm sorry California looks like a bingo card with chips falling- in no order-randomly-waiting for the next big one.

agree. obviously there is no completely safe place in the world but there is no doubt major major stuff is going down in Cali sooner rather than later.
I knew a guy in the military in the 1980s that said he refused orders to Cali "because there's going to be a quake there". I thought he was kidding but he wasn't.
a lot of folks thought rebuilding New Orleans would be a bad idea, and it may turn out to be so.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

I just got home from Gatlinburg Tennessee, we went to Tuckaleechee Caverns in Townsend, the guide explained to us how this cave system (many caves in southern Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, TN., etc. But this cave is monitored by the United States Government and many Universities around the world.
"The bedrock shifted" he said "From the Great Quakes of..."
and before he could answer I replied "1811 and 1812" which was the last time the New Madrid Fault line let loose. He was amazed I was so knowledgeable and kept pulling me off to the side describing more and more, because I was probably the only one interested. But, we drank from the river in the cave and really had a blast.
But, I was in Gatlinburg from the 30th through April 4th, so the whole time we were in our chalet I was freaking out because of all the threads on here about how the New Madrid Fault line could go on the 30th! I see a lot of mudslides and devastation to that area (near permanent road closures) because of the brittle layered limestone-that is usually already standing up on an angle and exposed to freezing (expanding and contracting) therefor a very unsafe places to live i.e. a house hanging off a mountain, you living right at the mountains bottom, and so on.
But we love it down there, the Smoky's are simply amazing-Cade's Cove

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by graphuto

Yeah that is easy for someone who is single, and can live in a car or tent or something. Not everyone has it that easy.... Some people have kids, elderly parents etc.

Yes and no one can sell their house rigtht now, having worked to pay for a home for 20 years I guess you should just leave it?
The last large CA earthquake did some damage but certainly we didn't fall into the sea! Science says that is a science fiction scenerio so you leave everything and cause your family live in hardship for just in case?

btw why do people keep putting down californians? Most of us have lived in other states are we crap until we move to the next state? I don't see where the average Californian is any different then any other states citizen in the USA.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think i would worry more about Yellowstone then i am about our coast here in n. ca

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
I really hope no one listens to ur warning, the more people lost in this disaster will be a world better off, californians are the root of idiots

Wow. What a hateful thing to say!

I might even suspect you of being the true source of "idiotism..."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join