It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien technology must have been primitive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Think about it just for a second, there ufos seem like they are top notch fly anywhere at crazy speeds possibly from other planets. So we know the ufos weren't primitive.
But every thing else the aliens helped to build or built on earth seems very primitive don't you think.
You would think out of all these aliens who have visited earth with all there great technology they could of at least left some crayons & paper to write on.
It seems everything that has been built or written was very primitive.
Writings carved into rocks.how long did it take to write on a rock.no liquid paper back then make a mistake get a new rock.
Where's all the good stuff why didn't they drop of some 60inch lcd, some dirt bike ,couple of labtops ,mobile phones, gas bbq.
Surley this would all be ancient stuff to the aliens.
What do you think ??

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Because stone lasts longer then papper lol good
Idea though

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zteam2012

If you are giving nutrition to a starving man, do you let him gorge himself? No, you feed him slowly so as not to allow him to harm himself.

These technologies would have been too much back then. Even now I would imagine they have technologies beyond our wildest imagination, and when we have evolved, spiritually or otherwise, they may be presented to us. But only when we are ready.
edit on 8-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Stone is pretty much the only Low-Tech thing that we can expect to last any decent amount of time.

If the Aliens did come here, they made their contributions extremely basic so that we would inspire ourselves. The episode of Star Trek Voyager that comes to mind is "Blink of an Eye"

I am guessing that our alien encounter was something like this episode.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I guess if you consider 60in LCD's and dirt bikes advanced tech, I can see why you'd be disappointed.
But if there are aliens(and I happen to believe there are) and they we're involved with humans on this planet you have to define what 'advanced technology' is. I personally believe that mastering the laws of physics and manipulating them at will(if in fact that's what they do) is far more advanced than the giant television on my wall.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Its called upgrades, and nothing is done by chance. Our tech can't really take down theirs. An ant shooting at an eagle.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zteam2012
But every thing else the aliens helped to build or built on earth seems very primitive don't you think.

Well, I guess you could assume that the stuff they wanted to leave behind they wanted to last a long, long time, particularly if they were going to be gone on some relativistically fast trip, where time would stretch out for us but not to them. Rock can last a pretty long time, even if you just leave it out in the open, so it's not a horrible material to work with.

However, you're right in that they could have used more sophisticated materials. Plastics, maybe, or special alloys. It would also have been nice of them to leave something really obviously alien for us to see. Like an artificial satellite flashing a message in code or something. That would have really helped.

Otherwise, there really isn't anything around that would indicate they even existed, other than a lot of possibly circumstantial evidence that can be debated. Certainly nothing that you couldn't attribute to some reasonably smart guys in the past, since human intelligence hasn't probably increased for 40,000 years or so.

So as far as ancient alien intelligence goes, they sure could have been a little smarter with any evidence they wanted to leave us. Not be so vague or cryptic.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zteam2012
Think about it just for a second, there ufos seem like they are top notch fly anywhere at crazy speeds possibly from other planets. So we know the ufos weren't primitive.
You would think out of all these aliens who have visited earth with all there great technology they could of at least left some crayons & paper to write on.
It seems everything that has been built or written was very primitive.
Writings carved into rocks.how long did it take to write on a rock.no liquid paper back then make a mistake get a new rock.
Where's all the good stuff why didn't they drop of some 60inch lcd, some dirt bike ,couple of labtops ,mobile phones, gas bbq.
Surley this would all be ancient stuff to the aliens.
What do you think ??

They possibly could have built the Pyramids of Giza because there is some sort of technology inside that scientists think is not of this world. We may not ever know.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

My theory:

These things were created in a way that OUR primitive minds could relate to at that time. Rock, Clay etc. Things that we understood and were in our realm of relating to.

Also, so as not to give away their true intent too quickly to future generations (present day) it allows us to slowly adapt and accept the possibility of their existence rather than one great big discovery that identifies their race and/or intentions immediately upon discovery. Shock value in other words.

After all, we are not really that advanced yet and we are still looking under rocks for ancient texts and messages. Our Gods would be vastly different today if we knew for certain that our species didn't originate here or that we are a big cosmic experiment.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They didn't want to just hand archaeologist their brilliance. They knew that the Riddle would be worth solving in the future!
I mean, what good would it do to leave a cellphone from 100 B.C. when we would just invent one in the 1980's? (think about it)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101
Because stone lasts longer then papper lol good
Idea though

yes this is true.

But why aren't we using stone today.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know you are referring to pyramids and stonehenge, etc. But why would you assume that is all they left us. That's just all you've been let in on at this point, and anyone who believes aliens built the pyramids is still ridiculed in acedemia or the press. By the way, some of the things inscribed in that stone isn't so primative.

LOOKEY HERE

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
just to let you know i believe that ufos & aliens have visited & probably live amongst us.

a lot of the post was more or less saying the aliens didn't want to help us out along those lines anyway.
the first person who seen a ufo back thousands of years ago would have freaked out. so straight away that first person would know there is more to life then they ever thought possible. that's a lot of technology straight away to get them thinking.
Us today if ufo landed in your back yard you would totally freak out & we have some sort of idea that they exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

We have computers/internet and theres no point for it? It's a good question though, maybe they did have paper and pens back then but nothing is left of them, we kinda still do use stone for monuments, grave stones, statues etc just like they did which is all what survived the test of time.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The only thing that call truly last on Earth, is Earth itself. I know everybody said that, but i had to. And I'm sure they didn't want to build something anyone can look at and be like, "Hey! E.T.s built that! Look, it hovers!". They intentionally made it mysterious, so future humans couldn't be sure

As far as dirt bikes and TVs and whatever else, I'm sure, or at least i hope, aliens are far beyond such materialist, irrelevant things. What the aliens did give us, If there are aliens(I saw a "shooting star" make a 90 degree turn once), was knowledge, the greatest thing you can ever give. And they may have done in numerous ways, across the world, and at different time periods.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
in my opinion they peobably did at some point. that being said they watched the results and us being the way that we are pobably we would have wars and destroyed stuff with it or over it. this is how i imagine a conversastion going on between two aliens right now. alien 1 ( hey do you think they are ready yet? maybe we should help them and give them some technology?) alien 2 ( no way remember when we did that last time? theyre going to blow each other up and have wars. they always F**** things up when we tried that before no way.) alien 1 (not even for fun come on it might be really entertaining.......) alien 2 ( no freakin way they're already killing each other over oil and other pointless things right now. just hand me that probe over here so we can finish with this abductee and go to the bar on neptune!).

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thats because Aliens didnt create ANYTHING on earth except Humans, yes, they created us and put us here and all the creations on earth is the creation of Humans, possibly an experiment?
To find alien technology would require us to explore other planets.

We still believe and celebrate our makers today, also know as Angels and Jesus, these are the people who put us here

Some people know them as aliens, other people know them as Jesus/God/Angels, they are all the same thing, people who dont believe in god generally believe in aliens, we all believe in the same thing and we dont even realise it, its just different interpretations.

The bible which was created by some of the first humans on earth said that God will one day return, that day will also be known as "First Contact" when aliens land on our planet.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nothing primitive about some of the constructions on this planet. Cant remember the names of the places and objects im thinking of right now, someone done a great thread on the subject tho, worth looking up.

Rocks that are cut so perfectly its like someone used a laser on them 10,000 years ago. And the still unexplained construction of the Pyramids...hopefully someone will fill you in a bit more...in the mean time try and get your head round this...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Aliens are different than Humans...They don't really do facebook or twitter..same way they don't have Iphone cause they don't really care about their status symbol...one thing I am sure of............They will surely have their own Tommy Hilfiger to design their clothes.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why would creatures far in advance to us now leave us tech to help with our development?

When did you last offer something to ants to help them establish a culture?

The premise assumes an alien visitor would be so impressed by a bi pedal hairless ape that he would ignore all other life forms on this planet and guide us towards enlightenment because we are so special.

This follows the religious thinking that somehow human beings are special because we think we are and so would any other being that meet us.

It is more likely a visitor would catalogue us along with the other species to be found and move on to their next scientific expedition.

If they did leave anything here it would not be much more than a picnic site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join