It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 killed in California F/A-18 crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

It seems like we pushg things with the military's secrets way to far sometimes. I mean if our military didn't keep
secrets from the American people? I don't think we'd have much of military. The average Joe Blow may think he
deserves to know everything. But I'm more than positive there's a lot Joe blow don't need to know.

Joe Blow the information hoe.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Ejection seats are pretty amazing when you consider all current modern ones used in fighter's etc, are "zero-zero capable". Meaning no altitude, other then the area your sitting on as in in the tarmac, which may be sea level or very much "higher". And no forward speed at all. Second, modern ejection seats are designed to position you to fire "up" from the point of view of the ground, even if you are close to a 60degree angle. I don't know the details of being upside down and how high one must be for you to be re-positioned to fire "up". You can be sitting still on the tarmac and say you catch fire, eject with no trouble at all. Critical issues also include getting the chute to deploy, but I believe at least the ones I have heard about are also "explosive rocket enhanced". No doubt there is the auto-save feature in some aircraft that gets ones butt out of there and react faster then a human can. If I was investigating this, I would start with a lot of questions as to available technology and why anyone did not make it. But also I believe most likely the pilot will control punching out, as stated by others to avoid slamming into some dudes condo...

edit on 14/4/11 by arbiture because: Spelling correction

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Im familiar with the capabilities of modern ejection seats.But there are situations where where ejecting is not an option, even with the ACESII's minimum altitude for inverted ejection, a pilot could still concievabley find themselves not able to eject.
And since the aircraft in question came down within the property of the base I would bet that extremely low altitude was involved.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

G-d bless these two. I feel for their families and friends.
We'll always stand by our troops. Even through accidents like this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join