It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US atom smasher may have found new force of nature

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hmm well i am curious on what this "new force" is I just don't feel very confident in NASAs proposals, anyhow we shall wait and see...hopefully im wrong and this is a big find!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by roughycannon

But time does have a speed. Time blazes by us at a super-fast 60 seconds-per-minute!

My car does 60 seconds a minute too...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
WOW ! so they may have found a new elementary particle,if true it will turn everything upside down,sounds like they found the secrets of the God Particle.

edit on 6-4-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

I read that too but I don't understand why it would change everything. So it would appear the higgs boson isn't the only particle responsible for mass. Doesn't this discovery just add another missing piece to complete the puzzle or does this mean the puzzle is wrong? Or shall I say the whole mathematical equation is wrong and they have to rework it?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Time = Movement/Velocity

Our whole calendar is made by observing bodies in our solar system.
24hours is the time it takes earth to do a full rotation around its axis. 365days is the time it takes earth do a full rotation around the sun, which gives us a concept of a year. If we wouldn't care to mark these events which happen to us we would have no defined timeline, we would just exist in that moment. There would be no next seconds no previous seconds because there would be no seconds at all.

We humans use motion as time. In no way can time be associated with speed of light.

edit on 7/4/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by Fiberx
If it's the Higgs it will be insane. When you measure the subatomics they have no volume. They appear to be only a small packet of energy, yet they behave as if they have mass. It is the Higgs that is thought to give quarks and the like their mass... One needn't ponder long to dream up some major scientific and technological implications.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

What would be the implications? Free energy? Time travel? I'm not exactly sure why this is so ground breaking?

Teleportation and materialization for starters.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
Time = Movement/Velocity

Our whole calendar is made by observing bodies in our solar system.
24hours is the time it takes earth to do a full rotation around its axis. 365days is the time it takes earth do a full rotation around the sun, which gives us a concept of a year. If we wouldn't care to mark these events which happen to us we would have no defined timeline, we would just exist in that moment. There would be no next seconds no previous seconds because there would be no seconds at all.

We humans use motion as time. In no way can time be associated with speed of light.

edit on 7/4/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

Yes it can. Because one of the dimensions of speed is time. The speed of light IS motion.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
From what I read...it seems this may uncover why objects start...in the first place..aka, take on mass.

now, as a techno freak, I immediately think of invention that may accompany a full understanding and control of this force...which immediately brings to mind "replicators". the science may be a bit beyond me at this point, but that sprung to mind...(how can I benefit from it kinda mindset)

Of course, it may be nothing remotely like that possibility...or, it may very well be just that...to include doing much more (ability to instantly create large new landmasses...put another continent in the pacific ocean, etc..)

ok, going to stop speculating on something I do not know enough about...will let the experts sort it out and me just dream quietly.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
WOW ! so they may have found a new elementary particle,if true it will turn everything upside down,sounds like they found the secrets of the God Particle.

edit on 6-4-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

read the entire link and it will say
"this is something beyond the god particle"

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I think the speed of light is dictated by vacuum energy density such as that found with speed of light calculations similar to maxwell's calculations. When two particles or two strings interact the time frame for those particles slows down relative to others, and there is a constant slowing to some degree or another via motion of vacuum energy field and through the object's own velocity (straight down to spin and angular momentum). Time expands to accomodate the greater interaction which occurs when things go into a more and more energetic/dense state; up to the speed of light where any extra gets turned into higher and higher wavelengths up to cosmic rays. The vacuum density relates to the cosmological expansion, and so that is not a constant either. In fact if anything we should assume that everything we find ISN'T a constant and can change but relative to our slice of reality pie it changes so little and slowly that it appears to not be changing at all.

Let me put it this way, nothing in this universe is ever at rest. If you have a particle that is absolute 0, even then it still isn't at rest it only appears to be relative to your view point (but from the cosmological perspective it is still moving with the planet, which is moving around the sun, which is moving around the milkyway).

edit on 7-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
YES......., a US atom smasher has found america's humanity again.
It was only a matter of time

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The 'Big Boys' wouldn't have a playing field if it weren't for the efforts of Newton.

Todays science, as yesterdays science, is nothing more than a cesspool of theories.

There are a couple of facts though. Fire burns and ice is cold.

Nice find. I hope this new force of nature sheds light on why the universe is expanding at an accelerated speed.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I thought my snideness was obvious. Sorry, I didn't mean to discount his contribution. But, as my professor just stated when he held up our astronomy text book, "Everything in this book and everything I'm going to teach you this term is wrong. It's just a matter of time before you and your children prove it"

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

If it's the Higgs it will be insane. When you measure the subatomics they have no volume. They appear to be only a small packet of energy, yet they behave as if they have mass. It is the Higgs that is thought to give quarks and the like their mass... One needn't ponder long to dream up some major scientific and technological implications.

What would be the implications? Free energy? Time travel? I'm not exactly sure why this is so ground breaking?

Teleportation and materialization? what is that based on?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Will TPTB let them tell us?
they are waiting to see what the masters say!

could they have found that you Can go faster than light speed?
wawa that would be freat.

or they have found Obamas true passport

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

That is based on the solid foundation of particle physics, I do not have desire to go into a pissing contest with you nor do I know how learned a person you are about the sciences which are involved. I have had the unique privilege of being directly involved in research that is currently being developed and integrated into the material sciences and energy sectors. That is just about all that I literally can say.

If you truly know what you should know about particle physics(of which is NOT ALL THEORETICAL) before asking what it is based on, you would not have posed that question to me. Sounds like you need more mentoring. Unlike most, I have nothing to prove. Do the math.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Anti-gravity anyone?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
beyond the HB?

is that implying that whatever it is, it confirms and fits the HB into the picture, but opens up a whole new unexplored realm of physics?

the fifth element? the force that fuels our known forces?

im yet to turn from a grin to a full blown smile about this...

even the most hard to grasp scientifical breakthroughs boil down to a simple way of explaining it after confirmed.

one answer would be good, but this is gonna fuel even more questions.

are we there yet?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That is based on the solid foundation of particle physics, I do not have desire to go into a pissing contest with you nor do I know how learned a person you are about the sciences which are involved. I have had the unique privilege of being directly involved in research that is currently being developed and integrated into the material sciences and energy sectors. That is just about all that I literally can say.

If you truly know what you should know about particle physics(of which is NOT ALL THEORETICAL) before asking what it is based on, you would not have posed that question to me. Sounds like you need more mentoring. Unlike most, I have nothing to prove. Do the math.

You are talking nonsense, do the math? the particle hasn't even been confirmed yet... but you know that its gonna open up teleportation and materialization opportunity's and have somehow done "the math" on it.

Just a heads up people on here don't take things without proof or theory to back it up so just so you know prepare to gets lots of people like me who want answers to outlandish posts such as your's not everyone on here is stupid.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You are talking nonsense, do the math? the particle hasn't even been confirmed yet... but you know that its gonna open up teleportation and materialization opportunity's and have somehow done "the math" on it.

Just a heads up people on here don't take things without proof or theory to back it up so just so you know prepare to gets lots of people like me who want answers to outlandish posts such as your's not everyone on here is stupid.

and the pissing contest begins....

...for one individual against HIMSELF.....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

I dont know what your problem is, if you are gonna state something, and someones asks you about why dont you answer like everyone else on the site does? trust me if you keep making statements without answers your gonna run into a lot of people like me on here... just saying.

Anyway heres an update for everyone...

'technicolour' force

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join