It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Stick-like creatures caught on security camera above Fresno in Yosemite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

Nope - no cg.

I could easily make out torsos in the high res version and I could see the costume along with the wrinkles. The lean back take a step swing the hips or whatever along with the white sheet is what makes it look unusual.

This is nothing but a modern version of wearing sheets and playing ghost in the woods.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
after a few more watches and from what previous poster's have mentioned, the figure furthest away, his legs do move very oddly.
also, its a security cam pointed into a field at a very odd angle(why would someone do that?).
is it filming a very steep incline? i cant really tell.
wierd video though , thats for sure.

edit on 6-4-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why does the video go from ok-ish quality to really poor quality? It look like someone wearing a bed sheet while on stilts, I call hoax on this one.

ALS
edit on 6-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry if someone has posted this already as I immediately Click post reply.

Looks like a pixelated /altered video. You can see the resolution shift just before the "figures"

link   
reply to post by esqONE

Ok, so you are a CGI programmer, I take it? You can duplicate this video, and explain how EASY it was to duplicate it, in under two hours? If you can produce a duplicate video, showing your techniques, then according to the scientific method, you have falsified the video.

Otherwise, you are not qualified to respond with a factual response, just your opinion. However, if you do have friends, in the CGI field, and in their "spare" time ask them to re-produce this video. The 57 seconds would happen to consume ALOT of time in the CGI realm, I could probably do it in my cluster If I really wanted to, but I run the numbers and know I would be busy for 2 weeks solid. I don't have that kind of time to play.

I want facts, not opinions.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
these are obvious real.

also, i would advise anyone to HAPPENS to come in contact with these sorts of beings to completely stay away from them.

Why, and why? Am just wondering why you believe both the things you stated to be real.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Fresno vid is weird but in my opinion obviously faked. If you watch the figure real closely you will see that when its foot touches the floor, the lawn, it still slides along almost as if it was ice skating. This effect may also be caused if the object had no mass and was a something full of helium bouncing along the floor. Even a cursory viewing shows the stilt like object has no mass, no weight and is skipping along the ground quicker than if it was walking.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It looks like two puppets made out of clothes pegs wrapped in tissues. Honestly, if I were to run into one of those things one night I'd start laughing.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Oh it is just an opinion. I dont think this 57 sec worth of video is anything more then that. I stopped watching it and started calling it fake the moment the thing walked through a giant pixel with 0 distortion.

i dont do motion graphics beyond flash, but i could photoshop an image and have you guessing what i added in around 3 hours time and i am no where near a 10 year experienced professional. im just saying it doesnt take as much work as people think it does.

maybe it was a group project. im just saying it looks pretty damn fake. whos to say this is even yosemite national park?

it could be someones backyard for all we know. you want facts right.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Originally posted by PaR3v
these are obvious real.

also, i would advise anyone to HAPPENS to come in contact with these sorts of beings to completely stay away from them.

Why, and why? Am just wondering why you believe both the things you stated to be real.

disregard par3v, and check out some of his threads and youll understand lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I saw this on Fact or Faked. They were not able to debunk the video. They did several experiments and were able to replicate the look of the 'creature' but not the creepy movement. They also did a voice analysis on the guy who caught this on camera and he was not lying. He was clearly genuinely shaken.
edit on 6-4-2011 by HarmonicNights because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
why is the camera even in the woods or pointing out there regardless...looks fake to me anyway...gave me a good laugh anyways seeing a few people actually post saying ITS REAL I KNOW SO

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by doobiefillin

there is footage of something that looked just like these things that i beleive were in the same area
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by esqONE

Nope - no cg.

I could easily make out torsos in the high res version and I could see the costume along with the wrinkles. The lean back take a step swing the hips or whatever along with the white sheet is what makes it look unusual.

This is nothing but a modern version of wearing sheets and playing ghost in the woods.

Not only that, but if you speed it up to a normal human walk, it doesn't look half as weird.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ok I dont have a link but I have been looking.
But this reminds me of a series of a type of Ghost hunters Program - and they showed the same thing - only difference is that it had a single figure. It walked the same and moved the same - and wore the same things as these ones did... WOW
It the Ghost hunters that did some Australian specials here a little time ago (Port Arthur and a Quarantine Place somewhere in Sydney I think). I will keep looking. Spun me out a bit when I saw this.
I wonder if there are anymore of these sightings?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobiefillin
This reminds me of the Fresno stick walking creature from 2007. real or hoax?

here is the analytical vid the guy did.

seems they were very small.

www.youtube.com...

the "fabric" doesn't seem to move like stuff i know of in all the vids.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
is it just me or is the time on this video suppose to change? how come only a second passes???

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by cripmeister

I like to think I look in every direction. If something is caught on film, no matter preposterous, I'd like a explanation. Yes, I have seen the pixelation changes at .16 seconds, .32 seconds, and .47 seconds. To me that screams hoax.

We agree.

then let's figure out to debunk this hoax.

We just did.

So then I think CGI, editing everything frame by frame, and even that would require hundreds of man hours to render the 57 seconds they gave us. I have done CGI before, and yes, it's so tedious and time consuming. I have utmost respect for Pixar and Dreamworks, knowing it takes a crew of hundreds a couple of years to produce a fully CGI film such as "Finding Nemo" or "Cars". Finally, I wonder who would dedicate that much time for a hoax, what the payout is, and the logic behind working for hours on end to produce a viral video. If CGI, the programmer nets zero dollars, and the 57 second video gets 15 minutes of fame.

Go on youtube and check out what the kids today are creating, much of it is pretty amazing
Many of them live, eat and breathe CGI and want to make a career out of it when they finish school. Creating something that goes viral gives them something to brag about no doubt.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I vote hoax, and i only do that with certainty. First, the video is so clear and then as soon as the creature shows up, it gets pixelated. it does it again but only when they are behind the tree. You can see the slight bend in the legs where the feet meet the stilts. You can also see them lean back and swing out the stilts so they can minimize bending in the "legs".

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
:O i live like 20 miles from yosemite theres ALLLWAYYYS ufo stuff goin on look up sonora ufos and check it out

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join