It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Stick-like creatures caught on security camera above Fresno in Yosemite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Awesome, have been hoping to find the Fresno footage for ages, couldn't remember where'd I'd seen it before when I wanted to check on it again. Thanks to those who mentioned it. Just thought it was cool that the Alien had a cape too, and kind of funny.

Btw someone should definitely make a clip of the Frenso footage and put that tune from Saturday Night Fever on top of it.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
GUYS I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT THIS OUT....

Watch as the far back Stick "creature" is walking towards the end of the video. It almost looks like it's knees bend the COMPLETE OTHER WAY. Explain that, debunkers

It may just be a new kind of "Bigfoot" deal, ya dig?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I remember seeing the first video on a sci fi channel program where they would do experiments to see if it's possible it's a hoax, Not that a Sci Fi channel show is solid unarguable proof but On this new one I would have to lean towards hoax. One possible explanation is if you watch the flow of their movements it's very Pinocchio on a string/ puppet to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just seen the clip in the first post. I can't get my head around how people think it's creepy, it just makes me laugh the way whatever it is looks so weird.

Just remembered where the Saturday Night Fever tune thought came from too. Probably because this guy protesting against Scientology reminds me of the Fresno footage with his cape.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitydream

I remember seeing the first video on a sci fi channel program where they would do experiments to see if it's possible it's a hoax, Not that a Sci Fi channel show is solid unarguable proof but On this new one I would have to lean towards hoax. One possible explanation is if you watch the flow of their movements it's very Pinocchio on a string/ puppet to me.

I am not 100% sure but that stuff is dis-info, in my opinion. Why would someone go out of their way just to do this? I know I wouldn't, would just be a waste of my time...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Just seen the clip in the first post. I can't get my head around how people think it's creepy, it just makes me laugh the way whatever it is looks so weird.

Just remembered where the Saturday Night Fever tune thought came from too. Probably because this guy protesting against Scientology reminds me of the Fresno footage with his cape.

EVERYBODY watch that video!!!^^^^ So awesome. Star for you

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by doobiefillin

pure editing.

i hope you werent fooled by this. i stopped watching after it took 3 steps. i was interested, now disappointed.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Okay, I found a vid of a normal guy on stilts. I'm trying to picture a sheet over his head, and walking slowly. I think, where are the eye slits in the sheet to see with. I see where his knee joint is, the only flexible part, and calculate what his gait would look like. Then I think, shoulders. How would this guy draped in a sheet or costume hide his shoulders? The stick figures have no eye slits in their costumes, nor do they have shoulders, and it seems they flex their appendages at a point lower than possible with the standard commercially available stilt apparatus. I can't call HOAX on this one, too many unresolved issues.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I think you're looking in the wrong direction. Is there a single reason to assume that these weird figures exist in the real world?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by doobiefillin
This reminds me of the Fresno stick walking creature from 2007

Kind of reminds me of two blokes on stilts wearing parachute pants.

The second i saw the video, stilts was exactly what came to my mind. Just look how the "cloth" flows as they walk.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
these are obvious real.

also, i would advise anyone to HAPPENS to come in contact with these sorts of beings to completely stay away from them.

they know when to come in and out without being in harms way. this video shows just how simple and friendly they can be.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Now a days why do a lot of people do what they do........ Some would want the notoriety, to be the one with proof, some find it hilarious, others want to do the what if, maybe open up others mind to possibilities. I have no doubt much on tv is bs, more for entertainment value. But there are hoaxers out there and probably always will be, it'll be up to each individual to look at the evidence for themselves and decide whether take it at face value or research.....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

So what are they exactly? They sure look nothing like the well known descriptions of reptilians or greys. The thing with the stilts is a nice try but it´s pretty impossible if you watched the full length video. A human could never do that. This is just strange.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Cool video effect.

Just human people wearing some strange costume & doing a preplanned performance.

I don't even think there's much video post processing. The distortion or pixelation is just how video video cameras process night vision.

I suggest viewing it on YouTube at maximum resolution. Focus on the one further away and perhaps shorter. You'll notice that as good as these performers are they have slightly different techniques which gives them away. They throw their arms and swing their hips along with their leg movement with the costume attached between arms & legs makes it appear as one long leg. They are taking a step then posting and swinging to the next step. I'd like to see it with the lights on - probably still cool looking. You'll notice that towards the end of the video prior to the tree and after you can catch what appears to be a head shot. The white material just causes the non-white portions to disappear in the background.

I wouldn't call it a hoax, unless they were trying to pass it off as something other than what it is. A well done performance.
edit on 6-4-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
GUYS I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT THIS OUT....

Watch as the far back Stick "creature" is walking towards the end of the video. It almost looks like it's knees bend the COMPLETE OTHER WAY. Explain that, debunkers

It may just be a new kind of "Bigfoot" deal, ya dig?

That's exactly what i was thinking, these things look (to me) like they have strange joints, and i can't see any form of arm, even if someone was hiding inside them, you'd see shoulders maybe?

Odd. Quite nightmarish. If i saw that, my heart would probably just top.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I like to think I look in every direction. If something is caught on film, no matter preposterous, I'd like a explanation. Yes, I have seen the pixelation changes at .16 seconds, .32 seconds, and .47 seconds. To me that screams hoax. Abnormal, impossible creatures that you say can't exist? Prove they don't, because there is footage that says they do. I'm not saying they are real or not, just that someone supposedly had a cctv cam setup and caught strange images on film, and if the critters are fake, then let's figure out to debunk this hoax.

To me it seems they are not humans on stilts, especially the little guy (it's hips pivot up where the shoulders should be, however, I'm not an expert in xenobiology). Next I would think marionettes, but with the perspective flow across the screen, you would need a huge scaffolding with green screen to shoot the overlay. This wasn't produced by a big Hollywood studio, and it's vid, not a single pic. So then I think CGI, editing everything frame by frame, and even that would require hundreds of man hours to render the 57 seconds they gave us. I have done CGI before, and yes, it's so tedious and time consuming. I have utmost respect for Pixar and Dreamworks, knowing it takes a crew of hundreds a couple of years to produce a fully CGI film such as "Finding Nemo" or "Cars". Finally, I wonder who would dedicate that much time for a hoax, what the payout is, and the logic behind working for hours on end to produce a viral video. If CGI, the programmer nets zero dollars, and the 57 second video gets 15 minutes of fame.

On the other hand, I have to address the fact that there are other lifeforms on this planet, AGAIN suspiciously without arms or eyes. They also seem rather fragile. One of my dogs would snatch one of those spindly legs and it'd be the end of that alien. I would have to think they have superior telepathic ability, and they had evolved to take control of any humans or animals that would harm them.

There is no obvious answer right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
am I the only one who can spot CG from 10 metres away?
how does this type of thing fool you people?

its like "magic eye" it takes me all of .5 seconds to see the image.

these creatures stand out like an eye sore. someone probably did it in a college class for 3d animation and tracking. then one of their idiot friends said, OMG THAT LUUKS SO REAL!! put it on youtube and see how many hits you get!...and there we have it.

easiest thing to spot is the differing resolutions.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
this is a pretty good rendition of the oriogionl (wich still perplexes me). but straight away this looked like guys on stilts. if they disguised their body shape(particulary their heads) they might have gotten away with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I have utmost respect for Pixar and Dreamworks, knowing it takes a crew of hundreds a couple of years to produce a fully CGI film such as "Finding Nemo" or "Cars". Finally, I wonder who would dedicate that much time for a hoax, what the payout is, and the logic behind working for hours on end to produce a viral video. If CGI, the programmer nets zero dollars, and the 57 second video gets 15 minutes of fame.

this video could have been created in about 2 hours. this level of CG is no where near that of pixar / dreamworks.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I say its "Fake" home made stick and string puppets ... You know like Obama ..
I bet some one got there ass wooped for ruining moms good sheets

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join