It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you pursue in your life ? do you pursue ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have lived for 24 years on this planet . I have lived happy and sad moments , I took it easy and some time hard to pass. I don't remember a moment of choosing to live or not . I am searching for the real reasons for living and continuing to look forward ? have you found the light of guidance ? have you betrayed that ? do you regret ?

have you already found that ? do you live for any good reason ? would you tell me that?

I would appreciate if you let me know.
edit on 6/4/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I think our purpose is to influence feelings in each other and strive to be better as humans, unfortunately we are restricted to finding our true purposes because of systems of control that have been imposed upon us.

Try to be the best person you can be and try and make a difference, i would have come up with something better but ive got a hangover

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Within your question lies the answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

please tell me how can I do better when these controls are imposed on us and we are not really free. I have found it recently that people all around the world are not really free .

the point is : I can not do my best when I don't feel free. I think every human likes to feel free and then choose the right thing to do .

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

how is that ? what is the point you think I am neglecting ?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'll have fame, money and LOTS of girls to thrust.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think people have to fit in with society - that's part of being cultured. However, we do have certain freedom of choice eg. where we work, our hobbies, where we live (to a certain extent) and how we live. We have to work to get money. The choices we make when we're young often help to determine where we end up in life.

Spiritually, it's up to whatever you believe. I'm agnostic and take the more pseudoscientific route that when we die, our spirits go to a 'heaven' (more akin to another dimension) where we can chose to reincarnate as another human/animal to gain spiritual development.

That's not so much a purpose, more an awareness of the world around us that can help to develop our souls - often through our experiences and actions we take in life

Treat others kindly, make choices wisely and NEVER expect anything and you will hopefully live a happy life

edit on 6/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The answer to your question, you asked to pursue. In life we pursue to live, to love, and to survive.

Basic principles we adhere by, whether we know this or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I pursue joy and adventure and ask Christ to lead the way! I may not be rich by eathly measure, but I feel very blessed and rich by Heavenly treasure!
Christ is the way, the truth and the life!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Your correct there! No person can thrive unless they are truly free and un-burdenned, unfortunatly we as humans are so far off this that theres point in even considering it yet

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

No christ is not the way, That type of thinking starts wars

Spiritual happiness and elightenment is the right way forward, Christ is just the christian way of reffering to the latter in order to impose the bible upon peoples bedside tables.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Pursue helping your fellow humans out, not just sit around prying. God doesn't take action, people do. Sick grandma, prayers won't work, maybe a good doctor may help. Murderer on the loose, police officers will catch him. Lightning strikes your house, firecrew can help. etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

take advantage of your youthful age to seek what you desire by exposing yourself to things. one must know his bliss in order to follow it. we continue to grow and learn through our years unless we choose to stagnate. my guess is your school days are behind you now. maybe you could do some traveling or try different career paths.

read up on whatever interests you. break away from hanging with do-nothing types and get involved with activities. as long as you seek you are bound to find. in time you will have life experiences to reflect upon to further help guide you along.

don't feel bad if you don't have some driving spark that impels you to some career or hobby. i think most of us don't completely know what we want to do with our lives, many never know.

the great mysteries and the unanswered questions have been around forever, puzzling mankind. philosophizing is fun but it's similar to cows chewing their cud, standing in a field. but at least at the end of the day the cows give milk.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Thank you for posting your brilliant opinion. I think I should change my idea about philosophizing. I will try to use your advices. I got lots of inspirations.

I wonder how you knew about my actions in the past , may be you are older than me , it is really interesting by the way.
edit on 7/4/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

how should I don't expect any thing ? can you explain more? thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
thank you . it is very wise of you to comment like this. I have started to write principles for my life ( never ignore the facts ) I think I should write some of the opinions of people commenting on this thread .

1. always be ever of what you want because it forms the thing you are.
3.never count on others to do your job .
4.stop being shy and always talk about what hurts me.
5.it is not what you learn that evolves you it is what you do.
6.never stop thinking and analyzing because I may fall then. look at most of the aspect and don't go to conclusions easily.
7.being honest and frank will make the life pass more easily.
8.always get my scope out of the situation I am in to get to know my situation well. ( the time always passes )
9.I am responsible for what I have done in the past. I can not deny the influence of my actions.
10. when there is a problem in my life I should :
10-a gather information about the problem
10-b as soon as gathering is done I should start to solve the problem
11.I should learn from my past and forgive myself about what I have done wrong.
12. never be afraid of anything.
13.never try to prove my self to any one else . just be myself.
14.when I can forgive my self it is time to compensate.
15.always think about priorities and try to understand them.
I learned :
16. never stop because of the things I don't know. continue searching . never start being stagnate.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well what I've learnt is that if you expect things and they don't go quite to plan you often feel disappointed. However, if you're more open minded and don't have any expectations then you can't feel sad about the outcome!

Here's an example:

You're 16, it's Christmas Eve and you're super excited about all the presents you're hoping to get the next day! You really want an Iphone - everyone at school has one and they're simply awesome! You're expecting to get the Iphone, after all why would *Santa* let you down?!

When you wake up on Christmas morning you find Santa has left you a big pile of presents that contain lots of cool things! You open them all up and discover you haven't get your Iphone. You feel a bit disappointed and Christmas Day just isn't the same.

However, if you hadn't had any expectations of what you were getting (even if an Iphone would be AWESOME
), you wouldn't have been disappointed with what you got and would've have a better Christmas Day!

I think it's ok to get excited about things, but be open minded about them and don't expect too much. Slightly random example but hope that helps

By the way ^^ that's a very wise list, think you've got everything covered!
edit on 7/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Fazza! i think your mindset to not have expectations of others is wise, as people are weak and in short time they will disappoint. especially if we have them on a pedestal or a throne in our imagination. people will flip the script, do a full 180 half-turn when you least expect it.

-- but -- i think to we should have unlimited expectations of our own being, our own self. if you as a drummer told yourself you could not learn a new song, you'll be right, it won't come to you. but if you tackle that same piece with confidence and determination you will find victory; you Will make it happen.

other people: so much easier to expect nothing of them & sometimes be pleasantly surprised.

my self: accept nothing short of the universe, for it is mine, and i will not limit myself in my journey.

things, objects: are that and nothing more. I may own them but they will not own me.

OP: Thank you for your nice reply. That was a generous comment and it felt good
I am old enough to remember JFK's funeral procession on our black & white TV. As a young man I went through many years of school and exited thinking I surely must know it all. When I was 35 I thought I knew how "the game" was played.
Back at 45 I realized I really know very little, there is just so much to learn. These days, OMG, I have learned so much about so many things: I had been lied to, mis-directed, conned, manipulated and more by a system that also screwed my parents & grand-parents. In the past year I had my eyes opened because I kept my ears open. And i have so much more to learn.

-----

I love talking to young people when I'm out & about. The youth of today that I've met have knowledge and maturity beyond their years. When I was a young guy it was sex & drugs & rock n roll; I hung out with a bunch of idiots that never expected to see 19, and we were all stunned when 29 rolled around. We were a bunch of cartoon characters that lived for pleasure only, it was pathetic. Young people I see these days are taking care of themselves, eating right, they're up on whats taking place in the world, you name it, they can talk with you about it. I think thats great.

There are a lot of good parents & teachers out there and I hope they know what excellent results they have achieved. America may see some hard times but with the crop of young people we have coming up I'm very confident this country is going to stand tall for a long time to come.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I think to we should have unlimited expectations of our own being, our own self.

Yeah that's very true! I don't think I'd be anywhere near where I am drum wise if I hadn't started out with high expectations and pushed myself to fulfill them

With objects I think it's important to avoid having expectations. For example going to a popular mountain vista expecting it to be beautiful, only to find it's been spoiled by tourists and deforrestation

LargeFries Have you come across this thread We already have contact to ET and most people dont know it or dont believe it? That's a REALLY misleading title because the video presented is nothing short of a mind-blowing proposal of our realities and how anything is possible - how our imagination literally creates what we perceive as our universe by traversing multiple realities. It's changed my way at looking at things overnight! Well worth a watch IMO

edit on 7/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join