It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF - Potential for High Radiation Levels on West Coast April 6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Things just keep on getting better and better....

Red Cross aid hasn't reached Japan quake victims

The relief organization has distributed none of the $1 billion it has collected. The chief Cabinet secretary says the process must be streamlined.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

This is exactly the reason why I don't like to donate - you NEVER know what is being done with the funds. Like Katrina, like Haiti - the aid does not get to those who need it. It sits in a bank, or is used by the elite for something else.

Some Radiation-Tracking Air Monitors May Not Be Working Properly, EPA Says

Eight of 18 air monitors in California, Oregon and Washington state that track radiation from Japan’s nuclear reactors are “undergoing quality review,” according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s website.

Well, this isn't a shocker. The EPA raises levels of acceptable radiation, and when that fails....just shut the monitors down.

So, do we have any ATS members who a counter that can give us some true readings? (surprised there isn't a thread already with members giving the rest of us readings) Also, the readings in that video can be subject to the location of the radiation (Those forecasts were for the entire column of air above those locations - the area in which we are in the readings are less - but then we get back to the how much radiation is ok discussion)

edit on 5-4-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
well i live in portland oregon but i have no geiger counter dang this is bad

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I live in Portland Oregon too, this news sucks, we are all so screwed on the west coast I am amazed the radiation gets through our thick green forests but how screwed are we is the question, whatever the answer is, it looks like japan is going to be 100% more screwed though. Atleast for the guesstimated wind patterns, green covers japan like nobodies business.
edit on 5-4-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
www.radiationnetwork.com...
i have stopped going there for this weekend when this stuff first happend the average was always 50 40 you know now its 20 and 10 ya right! the levels cannot be going down

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Portland resident as well. With all the rain lately this could be very bad. Good thing I bought a new hat. sounds like I will need an umbrella too! (as well as a gas mask, duct tape, hazmat suit, 6 months water and food, etc....) Interesting time to be alive, wish that better things were happening though...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I live in the I.E and have had cloud cover on and off...
This is getting really bad... to bad I just cant up and pack

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Wonder what the charts will look like next week....next month....?
Has there been any accurate assessments as to how long before the damaged reactors can be contained?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

yes they can...everything that was released last week or two weeks ago has already met it's half life, and/or the wind current has blown whatever's hanging in the air through on over. And actually, the vancouver reader has stayed relatively the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Still breathing in Apple Valley Ca. Hoping it's only air. If that changes you won't see a report from me about it.

How hard can dying be? Ok so how many human beings as a grand total have lived and died thru the ages.up to now. well rounded rough estimate.

This is only a guess. but I would say 50 billion. That's a lot of people who I assume got thru it ok.
edit on 6-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
reply to post by tamenie

yes they can...everything that was released last week or two weeks ago has already met it's half life, and/or the wind current has blown whatever's hanging in the air through on over.

Only the Iodine has a short half life. Some of these isotopes will remain deadly for thousands of years, some for decades... the media & officials have focused carefully on the iodine exactly because of it's 8 day half life.

new topics

top topics

join