It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked images from our trip to the moon?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If you look at the second picture, the flag is actually going too the back right, its just the angle that makes it appear as if its flying in a different direction. Atleast thats what it looks like too me in these pictures.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by o0Belive0o

I felt the same way. I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time haha, but i feel that the first picture facing the astronaut would be taken from a front facing view with the lunar lander behind them. The second picture would be taken from the side that the lunar lander is on. It's just the backside of the flag. Just my take on it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenceOfSilence
After viewing the photos and thinking about the point of view they were taken from, it appears to me the flag was not pointing in opposite directions. The difference you see is only a change in the point of view of the camera.

And yes, some one could have moved the flag also, but it doesn't matter, the difference can be explained easily with the point of view change.

Originally posted by Flyzoid
That is a dumb cconspiracy. It looks to me that the flag is pointed the same way in both pictures. The pictures were taken at different angles. I want to see two pictures in the same location with the flags facing different directions before I will ever decide this conspiracy may hold water. People who dont think we landed on the moon are nutjobs....lqtm...

Originally posted by roughycannon
In both the images in the OP, the flag looks like its pointing the same way to me...

Originally posted by mr10k
Is it me, or does the two pictures seem to be...not messed up? Isn't that how it is supposed to look? The first picture the flag is facing away from the rover at the bottom, you can tell by the position of the stars, and then in the second photo is just taken with the astronaut standing at the front, so the flag is facing the right way, no?
Can someone tell me what is supposed to be wrong with the photos?

What's wrong is that whoever thinks the flag is pointing in two different directions in the photos doesn't know how to interpret photos. Everyone here I quoted who said the pictures don't show what the OP claims, is correct. The flag is pointing the same way in both photos. Which makes this the dumbest conspiracy ever, though not really much more dumb than some of the other "so-called evidence" of problems with the moon landing.

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by TKDRL

Um, am I the only person here that looked at the photos?

The flag is pointed appropriately. All angles and shadows are in the right perspectives on the photos in the OP.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a debunker. I'm highly doubtful that we've set foot on the moon. But, the photos presented in the Opening Post are not good example of any hoax by NASA.
The pictures are fine and just as good as any other evidence NASA didn't go to the moon.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
OK, here we are on page 12 of this thread, and so far nobody has tweaked to the fact that the two images in the OP ARE FROM DIFFERENT MISSIONS

The first image is a frame from Apollo 14's 16mm Data Acquisition Camera (DAC).
The second photo is a 70mm Hasselblad pic from EVA 3 of Apollo 15: AS15-88-11863

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0230436c8c82.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well, oh guru, if you want to show how you came to this conclusion? Show conclusively the vanishing point and horizon in both photos if you will. I am not a retard, I have been into art for over 20 years now. Also show how a 2D flag appears to change directions according to perspective four times like in the post showing the flag from the same perspective, pointing in four different direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also if you say the blastoff was enough to blow the flag around, then why was it not enough to also melt the crap out of said flag? In a vacume, there is no wind etc, if the blast off from a rocket had enough force to turn the flag around, then it also had enough heat to melt it, no?

edit on Mon, 04 Apr 2011 22:23:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

OK, here we are on page 12 of this thread, and so far nobody has tweaked to the fact that the two images in the OP ARE FROM DIFFERENT MISSIONS

The first image is a frame from Apollo 14's 16mm Data Acquisition Camera (DAC).
The second photo is a 70mm Hasselblad pic from EVA 3 of Apollo 15: AS15-88-11863

And what of these two pics posted in a similar thread???
Care to rethink the facepalm idea??

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Nice catch.

I had seriously considered confirming that but have too many plates spinning in other threads right now. Kudos.
Have a few more well deserved stars:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb2e2ceddf8.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 4-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Nice catch.

I had seriously considered confirming that but have too many plates spinning in other threads right now. Kudos.

But the pics I just posted from another member clearly show the flag moved and taken by the SAME camera in about the SAME position..
BTW, the NASA explanation was air escaping when they cracked the door seal..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

But Saint Exupery is stating the images were from different missions.

If so, apples to oranges, no?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
More proof that the moon landings were a lie:

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
Author: Adolf Hitler

" The people are deceived in mass, but enlightened one at a time."

" Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. "

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is PeopleHowever, AS I SAID IN MY POST, Dr, Van Allen said that the short amount of time the astronauts spent flying through the Van Allen Belts would not give them a deadly dose of radiation.

That's what he said LATER. Not so when he first accurately measured the belts with the help of the Army and rocket probes. Radiation measurement tecchnology was already sufficient at the time of the first measurements. I'm not doing the work again to re-show you a link. It's in the thread, go find it.

Teah. I already read that article. here in this post of yours:

I've seen that article before. It's old news and meaningless. It basically confirms what I already said twice. the Van Allen belts are deadly. However, the article ignores a few things about to what extent they would be deadly, and what could be done to minimize (not eliminate) the problem: (a) the fibrous insulation in the hull of the command module, (b)exposure time, and (c)what is considered "allowable risk".

An unprotected ship sitting in the belts for several hours is a problem. A ship protected with the fibrous insulation like what was between the inner and outer hull of the command module was enough to protect an astronaut for the hour trip through the belts. There was radiation exposure. However, that exposure is not necessarily enough to cause future health problems. Perhaps the astronauts are at a greater risk of health problems, but they took bigger risks than that even before they became astronauts.

edit on 4/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by backinblack

But Saint Exupery is stating the images were from different missions.

If so, apples to oranges, no?

Go to that post I linked to..
The pics are there...
Clearly same camera, same background and flag moved..
BTW the pics are all from inside the LM

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Well.... how do you get 4 images, in the exact same angle like that from different missions? Unless maybe we are talking about different things. Look at the 4 images linked in the post.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The only thing that makes me doubt is the flag moving, has this ever been explained?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Does anyone here watch mythbusters...? You know that whole episode they did where they recreated a flag being put into the ground in a zero gravity chamber.. well guess what happened.. the flag still moves after being touched due to their being nothing in there to slow it down...You guys really look for anything and everything to prove your point huh?

www.youtube.com... mythbusters flag debunk

Also whose to say they didnt just take the flag out and move it.. lol
edit on 4-4-2011 by Seibei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephJohnson
The only thing that makes me doubt is the flag moving, has this ever been explained?

Basically, the flag moved when the pole was moved.

The top of the flag was held by a horizontal rod (too keep the flag "unfurled"). Therefore, the bottom edge and the edge away from the flagpole were able to swing freely.

Any oscillations in the flagpole (such as an astronaut moving the pole) would transfer through the rigid pole and out to the flag itself, where those oscillations would dampen. and because the flag was held rigid except for those two edges I previously mentioned, those dampening oscillations would be most visible on those freely-swinging flag edges...

...so the flag moved.

And that movement would look very odd (which it does) due to the low gravity and lack of air resistance, The fact that the flag oscillations do look odd is evidence that it was on the Moon.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

So I guess the astonaughts jumped out of the ship, midflight to move the flag, then jumped back in to create the pictures posted here eh?

edit on Mon, 04 Apr 2011 22:49:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Absolutely not in the vacuum of space! What would traverse the Heat? A Vacuum implies emptiness of matter.

You glossed over my surface and inner camera actual temperatures compared to the moon surface and rocks temperatures, because you see there is very little atmosphere to facilitate a temperature conduit. No air, no molecular agitation to traverse heat very far. It's kind of why surface water cannot exist on the moon or Mars, it dissipates into space, the vacuum of space is very large and can easily and instantly consume a tiny spec of heat or vapor, or water.

Physics 101, high school #.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh that's just silliness. Really.

This proves the moon landings are a grand hoax?

Why have the Russians never blown the lid on this grand hoax? Is it because they were fooled too? Like they didn't set all of the space record up to the moon landing or not, like they were stupid? Are you implying the Russians were stupid about the space race of the 60's? Really!?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well, oh guru, if you want to show how you came to this conclusion?
It's not just me, look at all the other people who can see it and it's simple, looking away from the lander it's pointed left.
Looking back toward the lander it's pointed right.

It's not pointed toward or away from the lander as the OP claims.

And If StExupery says it's different missions I believe that. But it's still pointed in approximately the same direction relative to the lander even in that case.

Good catch StExupery, I didn't notice that it was two different missions.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join