It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Pics as promised Military moving heavy equipment over rail Ohio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How else would they move it?

I don't think it is anything out of the norm.
I see miltary equipment all the time around here but I also live about 20mins from Patrick AFB.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How else would they move it?

I don't think it is anything out of the norm.
I see miltary equipment all the time around here but I also live about 20mins from Patrick AFB.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaOps
Oh man sorry I forgot my original post was under really above top secret so not all will see it but basically yes the railroad does ship for literally everyone and no this was not the first time my original post was do to the fact that some are out in the open as these were and some are hidden.I won't say home long I've been there because that could narrow it for any one trying to identify me and yes alot of people read this site at work I once was walking track in chicago and came upon a covered car that looked like an auto hauler but was covered like a tarp I was on night shift and walked up to it cut it with my knife and tryed to fit my droid in and get pics I was caught by a railroad cop who then reminded me about taking pics on yard I apologized and went back to work as he knew me as a rail worker the next night I came in the cars were gone and I was interviewed by the feds asking what I was doing this that and the other because that is all covered by DHS now I made it out with a suspension and moved on. They don't scare me so the pics will keep coming

Well if saying how long you've been there will narrow down who you might be, then telling a story at the end about being caught taking photos surely wont lol.

Originally posted by stirling
Thaat looks like some ballistic missile carrier/lancher or a tank rescue vehicle....
You say this was shipped with forty closed off flatcars caying unknow cargo?same train?
Good find buddy keep us informed even if you cannot taske pics...a simple count is great...
Perhaps it would be good if you studied the main battle ehicles we do haveso you can be acurate when describing them...Janes books maybe?

From the little that I can see, since I cant scroll to view the rest of the photos, it is a flatbed/lowboy transporter.
You know the sort of trucks you see transporting excavators around the place? Well, if an Army has tanks, bulldozers or excavators(which nearly all armies have tanks, most modern armies have earthmoving equipment too), then they also have transporters.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just saw a train with nothing but empty US Army flatbed cars heading south in Louisville Kentucky last night. Very long train. Got me wondering if theres a troop movement in the near future, as Louisville is not far from Ft. Knox. Does anyone have any input/ideas on this?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This means nothing. We loaded all of our vehicles on a train in Washington state to be taken down to California where we conducted a training exercise. Upon completion of this training all of our vehicles were again loaded on rail cars. Seeing military vehicles on a train doesn't mean anything out of the ordinary is happening.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Nice pictures, keep them coming! =)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

NTC at Ft Irwin?
We did the same thing out of Ft Hood TX, we would railhead ALL our vehicles (wheeled & tracked fleets), then fly to Ft Irwin, offload em, do our training, then railhead them again for the trip back to Ft Hood

nothing out of the ordinary here folks

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaOps

This is NOTHING NEW! You think every base has a bajillion heavy earth moving items or security forces vehicles? Nope, some bases ship stuff to each other for many reasons.

Also, some bases buy huge quantities of new gear, (YOU DONT SAY!) because their 1980's duece-n-half is .... amazing, TOO OLD!

serious folks, the military is not organizing for your inconvenience, take that from a military member.

You want to watch your back? watch the racist, that is where your problem will start, and homeland security will mop it up, but not with unconstitutional use of military might, it will be constitutional use to create obummers own army perhaps.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
You would have a bigger load in your pants then you do now if you saw all those vehicles on a major highway. I imagine the thread title would read something like "OMG the military is staging marshall law, whos going to fight
(with pics)".

About 2 to 3 times a year there will be a mass movement of vehicles. There are either going to a major training excersise or they are simply being given a new coat of paint. As you see in those pics they still have the jungle paint patteren on them.

The sad thing is, I have seen convoys like this and larger on the highways near me. OH St Rt 2, Interstate 80/90 and others. What worries me more are the shipments that are covered and almost completely concealed from view. But then I live near the NASA Plum Brook Station and NASA Glenn Research Center, as well as a military test firing range (Camp Perry) as well as a nuclear power plant. There is a lot of covert government ops going on up here on the North Coast of Ohio that no one realizes.

Whenever I see huge military convoys anymore, I always joke with my friends that the US is just prepping for a Canadian invasion. But there is something slightly more sinister to it than that. Pay attention the next time you are stopped by a train. Look and see how many of those cars that you cant tell what is in them are in fact military or government transports. The amount I am seeing lately is exponentially higher than it has been in the past. Much more than random biannual troop movements.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nothing worth posting. This is very common. Equipment is usually moved by tractor trailer or by train due to the fact that most equipment has a max highway speed of 45 mph and a long convoy cases a lot of issues. They do this with most training evolutions so there is a lot of equipment being moved across the country all the time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join