It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons - I have a few questions.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

'Freemasonry is not some pyramid structure, it's a tree with several branches. Not all organizations are invite only.'

Yes, freemasonry has many branches because it is so secular. However, all are actually built adhering to the pyramid hierarchy. Think about it, if you have to progress through certain levels to advance and gain a deeper insight into the true nature of your choosen sect/sects then it is indeed a pyramid structure.... There are people above and below, with varying degrees of knowledge

You may be able to join freely, regardless of background to some groups but this is again part of the charade. The idea is to leave it open to everyone and then pick the ones of ideal mindset who will truly advance. You may very well be 'a mason' and a good person trying to better yourself but there are ALOT of people who use these fraternities to advance personal and global agendas.

peace

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretSky

4. Isn't being (somewhat) secretive/holding back information a bit divisive towards the same communities you try to do good for?

My brethren have answered most of the other questions the same as I would, so there is no need to give the same info, but I wanted to tell you about this a bit.

One of the things I like best about masonry is that it doesn't force anything on anyone who doesn't want to hear it. We don't go out and beg people to join, we don't go out and tell people how to act or think. We don't bother anyone who doesn't ask to be bothered. In the same sense, we won't go out and tell you all about what we learned if you aren't interested in hearing it. The only way we know you want to hear what we have to say is if you ask. So no, we aren't hiding anything, we just haven't been asked yet. Ask whatever you want to know, and any of us will tell you all we can. We won't tell you about our ceremonies, not because they are secret or evil, but because if you chose to go through them, the best way is not knowing what is going to happen. That is part of how the lessons are taught. Thanks for the questions.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

'Ask whatever you want to know, and any of us will tell you all we can.'

This backs my point up exactly. 'all that we can'.

So there are things you are not told.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dajjal
Ok, I have 2 questions

1. How many Forum Moderaters does ATS have ?

2. How many of those Moderators are Freemasons ?

These are just my estimates, I am a new Mod, so hopefully a Super or Admin can answer better, but from what I know there are about 70 Moderators and probably 6 to 8 are Masons.

You are on to our conspiracy though, because if you look at cops, judges, politicians, small business owners, and other successful classes of people, you will find a higher concentration of Masons. Masons tend to be leaders, because their morality, confidence, and steadfastness are conducive to leadership roles. It isn't because we are controlling anything or collaberating to take those positions, it is quite the opposite, people usually approach us about helping out in certain capacities.

I don't think I have ever sought out a leadership role, I have always been invited. I didn't lobby to be Master of my Lodge, but I was nominated and served, I didn't lobby to be a Mod, but I was asked and I accepted, I didn't lobby to run my team at my current job, but I was suggested as a candidate and I won the interview and position, etc., etc.

I'd like to answer like Willie (who isn't a Mason), but alas, I usually accept the roles when offered. Still, ol' Willie says it best,

If asked, I won't run, if elected I won't serve, but if served, I will drink!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILovePeace

Do you have a job? Can you tell me intimate details about that job? Have you ever asked a Dr. or a Nurse for details about someone else's health? Have you ever asked a college frat boy how to get into the frat house? Do you know what the inside of the women's changing room looks like?

I admit, I have a lot of secrets. Many of them I am bound by law to not reveal through my work, many of them are just things that I know of people and/or events, and I choose not to share, many are my own secrets and I am not a fan of self-incrimination, but a very, very small percentage of my secrets actually relate to Masonry, and they are only our few grips and modes of recognition so that we may know who is a Mason and who is not a Mason.

If you want to know the big secret that all Freemasons seek to learn, and that we practice and share among ourselves, and that we mention in our degrees, and our rituals, and our prayers, here it is: "Be a good person. Be honest. Be upstanding and forthright. Practice moderation in all things. Don't cheat or defraud your fellow humans. Pray on things (to whatever God you choose) before you undertake a big decision. Dedicate a portion of your time to helping your fellow man and community."

There I spilled the beans. Our language is a little more flowery, but there you go. Our secret is out. Of course, if you really needed someone to tell you those things, then you wouldn't have made a good Mason anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILovePeace

If I wasn't told, then I don't know. I cannot tell you about our handshakes, and our passwords. I promised I wouldn't. Sorry. I will not tell you what happens in the third degree second section, not because it's a big secret, but because I think it's better experienced rather than told. Again, sorry. My point is, we will answer anything we can, you just have to ask.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Star and Flag for this excellent thread that developed very well

I wish more people of mankind would think that way.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by D377MC

For example, Karl Marx, Lenin and Trotsky, were all Freemasons.

Actually, none of them were Freemasons.

As Masons take the oath for the 3rd degree, they promise to conceal all crimes (except treason & murder) committed by a fellow Mason

There is no degree anywhere where Masons take an oath to conceal any crime.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminazislayer
A minority of higher degree Freemasons are not actually Freemasons

If someone is not a Mason, how can they be a "high degree Mason"?

And they belong to the administrative degrees/ranks beyond the 33 degrees of freemasonry.

The "administrative ranks" of Masonry are what are known as Grand Lodges. The Grand Lodge officers are elected by the general membership.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by raiders247

So if a 3rd degree is no different in rank than a 32nd degree, then why the need for different degrees?

Do the degrees on a Thermometer indicate different ranks or different experiences?

I like this analogy, and if I may take the liberty to extrapolate on it further...

32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Celsius...
They are simply different systems of measurement.

Similarly, a 32° mason is not higher than a 3° mason. They simply are different systems of measuring rank (different orders).

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

6. What is the most valuable/important thing you have learned as a Freemason?

The Prophet Mohammad summed it up beautifully:

The Prophet was asked: "Which Muslim has the perfect faith ?"
He answered: "He who has the best moral character."
~Tibrani

Although Mohammad was speaking about Islam, I believe this applies to every religion in the whole world.

Freemasonry teaches the same thing.
Ultimately, our moral character will determine our (immortal) fate.
To me, this is the heart of the teachings of Freemasonry.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I´ve got a Question,too:

From the Masons you know, are there any that "beliefe" in reincarnation or a form of that? It would be nice if several Masons could make a Statement about that

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I wouldn't think that is out of the question. I personally believe that our soul is energy and when we die, that energy will go to another plane of existence. Our memories will continue to exist and we will be where we imagine ourselves to be. So if I think I am surrounded by friends with a never ending keg of beer, then that is where I will be. Heaven as I like to call it. But the cool thing is we can all speculate what the afterlife might be, and nobody is wrong. None of us will know who is right until we take the final nap.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

An interesting question. Please allow me to put my spin on the matter.
Freemasonry is a multi-faith brotherhood. People from every religion are welcomed with open arms. Therefore we have individuals that do believe in reincarnation and some that do not.

Personally, as a Mason and non-christian, I believe that our soul does not die and that it moves into upper dimentional existances. I think that if we were to be reincarnated, we should be allowed to retain our memories from former lives.

Many people are convinced that we teach reincarnation. In fact, we teach rebirth, a symbolic rebirth that illustrates our transition from non-Masonry to Masonry. From darkness to light.
We seek enlightenment. True enlightenment is to be at one with God and creation.

If it is of any comfort, I truly believe that we never die. Our souls continue on.

Peace to you all and S&F Brethren All.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I´ve got a Question,too:

From the Masons you know, are there any that "beliefe" in reincarnation or a form of that? It would be nice if several Masons could make a Statement about that
Every individual is going to have their own beliefs. Personally, I don't particularly believe in an afterlife, but I'm also smart enough to realize that I don't know everything and could very easily be wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ILovePeace

No, there are things we can't reveal as a part of our obligations. We can, however, tell you exactly what they are: the signs, passwords and grips (handshakes) of the degrees. Anything else--anything--we can tell you about.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If freemasonry "makes good men better" then it makes "bad men" what?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Star and Flag for this excellent thread that developed very well

I wish more people of mankind would think that way.

Thanks very much for the star and flag!

I think this thread developed quite well too -
it is interesting to note peoples personal reasons for joining Freemasonry, but also to ask honest questions.

I haven't learned any secrets, but I have learned a lot about the character/role model which Freemasons strive for. I thank all the Freemasons who are replying on this thread and answering genuinely curious people

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I´ve got a Question,too:

Freemasonry teaches the immortality of the soul, but does not hold any sort of dogma on just exactly what that may mean. Therefore, there are and have been Freemasons who believe that immortality is acheived through reincarnation, but I would reckon that this opinion would be in the minority, as most Freemasons seem to hold the opinion that after death, the soul continues to exist in a reality "higher" than the material one.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Here's another fun thing to think about thermometers....what is twice as cold as 0 degrees celsius?
0*2=0?
Have fun!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join