It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Death Threat suspect admits, identity not revealed. Why the secrecy???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The suspect subsequently admitted to authoring and sending two e-mails threatening to kill the Governor and members of the Senate. DCI Administrator Ed Wall said “The Division of Criminal Investigation takes these kind of threats seriously and will follow through with the investigation and prosecution whenever possible.”

Link To Story

Link to content of death threat email

I am finding it really strange that the identity of the suspect who ADMITS to sending threatening emails to Wisconsin State Senator Fitzgerald and his "Republican dictators" has yet to be released.

This post is not to debate the political issues in Wisconsin, but to question why the suspect's identity has not been released to the public. I ask this because clearly, there is something not making sense here. We hear names of suspects all the time on MSM evening news and print--sometimes before charges are even filed. Three weeks later, still no information. MSM has dropped the subject completely, including local talk radio and media outlets.

I have to ponder the following:

-Does Wisconsin DCI really take these sorts of threats seriously?

-Political bias, knowing full well that if this were a Tea Party member or Republican supporter, the name would have been all over MSM.

-Who does this female suspect know or who does this embarrass?

-Did someone of great political power ask victims to not pursue charges?

-Do I need a better understanding of the legal process? Is there a process taking place before information is released or does the perp have to be charged formally?

Thank you for your input in advance.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

Apparently some Democrats were threatened also.

www.isthmus.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just based on what I've seen when embarrassing stuff happens and names are not released its usually for a few possible reasons.

The wealth, fame, or power of the person involved.
The person's close ties to those with wealth, fame or power.
The person's involvement in law enforcement or government.

Often those are the top three.. My guess is that the name would be an embarrassment to someone with power enough to cause the release to be held. But, as to who that is or what organization it is we can guess but we won't know until / unless the name is released.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Or perhaps the person sending the threatening emails was a conservative republican sending up a "false flag" to garner support for Walker. If that were known; does the GOP need anymore embarrassing revelations?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Because Obama claimed executive privilege?

Seriously, they might be investigating others attatched to the suspect and releasing the name might show the cops hand too soon to others that might be involved with the threats.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yeah - that's possible - that's exactly why I said....

My guess is that the name would be an embarrassment to someone with power enough to cause the release to be held. But, as to who that is or what organization it is we can guess but we won't know until / unless the name is released.

Until they tell us who it is any guesses about which side of the political fence they sit on are just guesses and could be either correct or incorrect.

The name will probably embarrass some person, group, or political party - but we have no idea which one until the name is released.

The person could be left wing, right wing or just some loose nut.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Great responses. Thank you for the food for thought.
I'm leaning with the "who this person is or connected to" theory.
This will be interesting to follow and see what the outcome is.
I have no doubt in mind, Average Joe would be locked up and charged by now.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Update:

Investigators concluded it did not present an imminent threat but presented sufficient probable cause that criminal behavior had occurred and on Friday, March 18, 2011 this matter was referred to the Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne who has sole jurisdiction and charging authority for a charging decision.

Link to Article

What a joke. Nothing will be done, you or I would be jailed and our faces plastered over MSM.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Katherine Windels, 26, was charged with two counts of creating a bomb scare, along with two misdemeanor counts of computer-based threats to injure or harm. The charges carry a combined maximum penalty of 7.5 years in prison.

Link to article

Finally, we have a name and charges----after the DOJ issues statement with concern that charges had not been filed.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I live near Madison Wisconsin and the isthsmis is not a good source. It is just a step above the onion. just fyi

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
She has now been identified:

UPDATED Thursday, March 31, 2011 --- 5:30 p.m. MADISON, Wis. (AP) —

The criminal complaint filed by Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne also charges Katherine Windels, 26, of Cross Plains, with two counts of threats to injure or harm because of emails sent to Republican state senators. The complaint alleges Windels sent two emails to senators threatening to shoot them and plant bombs around their homes. Ozanne said Windels has not yet been served with the complaint. Calls by The Associated Press to Windels' house were not answered.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

Link

Edit to add:
Hadn't hit the reload, didn't see your update.
She is a 26 year old school teacher, and sent death threats to all 18 Republican Senators.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Still, this begs to question:

Why has this woman not been arrested and bonded out after being charged with two felonies?

She has only been ordered to appear.

Why so long to even act on this?

The DA only acted hours after intense pressure and speculation in local media.

join