It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is ok - BANNED - Police, Camera, Action(Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted before but it made me giggle.

Well played PC stout.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
That is the best laugh I've had in a long time. If only the majority of people had your bearing - It was so ridiculous and
I'm so glad I'm no longer in the UK.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That was ace!

Fair play to the bloke for his patience, not sure I would like to go everywhere with a camera, though.

(Great Av, btw, sure takes me back to my yoof).

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Brilliant!

Couldn't have done it better myself.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That is so full of win I just might explode.

link   
well good video

The maker of that film has many others well worth watching
spiritualentertainer

some good ones on the census.

link   
I can kind of understand the coppers frustration but at the end of the day he completely overstepped his line.
I can't help but wonder if the vid was rewound more it would show if he ran the red or not?
It doesn't matter really, it's a nice bit of embarrassment and was entertaining.

Sad thing is more and more cyclists are taking to wearing these head cams due to the attitude of drivers and the amount of accidents they cause to cyclists. If it is not recorded the driver will normally get off or not even be found at all.

Also I have a few more of these avatars to get through to, maybe after I have I will post them all.
edit on 30-3-2011 by pazcat because: yargh

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I can kind of understand the coppers frustration
He was frustrated because he was being confronted with the realization he knows very little about what he actually does, instead he just goes around "ordering" people to do things they technically don't have to do, but what he "assumes" they should be doing. His "power" feels threatened by those who actually understand their rights, and how to avoid unwarranted harassment.

edit on 30-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Threads on this site don't usually make me laugh. I feel all warm inside. I think I'll go to bed now. Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Prediction: Nothing will happen to the commissar. He will continue to engage in attempted camera theft and harass people for breaking laws he doesn't know.

2nd prediction: ATS cops will show up and defend him (the cop/commissar/whatever you call them there). As a lord of the earth he can do no wrong; and if he does do wrong then he is 'only human' so it is okay. You also won't hear anything about being held to a higher account from the ATS cops.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You would have thought policemen in London have got better things to do than pull over cyclists on the Edgware Road. Surely his time would better be spent in his uniform patrolling some of the rougher areas of london and providing residents with a bobby on the beat rather than a ponce on a push bike. It's not about crime though it's about cash generation, far easier to target white kids on bikes and get a fine than walk the streets of Hackney and try approaching kids there.
edit on 30-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I have reason to believe this "Danny" guy may be a thief.
Danny is full of win and therefore must have appropriated some of Charlie's "Tiger's Blood".

Most excellent video, and even better ending, true compassion.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Surely his time would better be spent in his uniform patrolling some of the rougher areas of london and providing residents with a bobby on the beat rather than a ponce on a push bike.

That would be dangerous.

Modern policing places a premium on officer safety - we don't want our police getting hurt or going into dangerous situations otherwise they might not be around to go when we need them to go into dangerous situations where they might get hurt. It'll make sense one day, you'll see.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well considering the guy who filmed the video has no interest in following it up as he stated at the end of the video I doubt anything will come of it too.
I imagine our amusement is enough for the cyclist.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I don't think anything would happen if he did follow it up. He certainly wouldn't get charged with anything.

So in Britain, can a person commit a crime on tape and as long as no one present during the crime presses charges, they can go free?

Does this include murder, or just attempted theft?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
He should try to do that in the US, let's see how it would turn out....
quite ugly...I guess

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thank you very much for showing me this material, maybe it is time to put a camera in my hat. Funnily enough I purchased a home security camera set up today and came across hats, glasses, watches, pens and so on that are readily available. I can remember 30 years ago telling people that in the future there would be cameras everywhere watching, monitoring our movements and so on. Sadly, most thought I was crazy and such a thing would never happen as it was such a breach of our rights to privacy, I was telling people that there was a plan to have a global government that would totally control people, take all rights away and give all the power and control to a very few.

Now, sadly I am one of the people using cameras to protect my home...my god the things I could see were going to happen have and it is so obvious now for anyone that wishes to not just take the easy way out, ignore what is going on around them.

I have also been pulled up by the police, where after speaking to me for a while have just decided it was easier to just let me go. In fact I have had them even lately just basically beg for me to go away. At least for the moment they cannot force a chip into my body "legally" so I am still able to buy and sell in a world.

I have spoken of what was to come since I was a child and everyone thought I was just crazy, I have even had people come to me saying sorry man you were correct about so much. My only answer is " They aint finished yet" How many times have I prayed that I was wrong. Sadly I haven't been. And as most here can see it is really coming to a crunch now.

I do apologize OP for stepping off the track, and thank you again for something I found very amusing and yet completely disturbing when I think about it, on so many levels. Now I am using cameras to protect myself from THEM. This world is rushing towards everything that is so wrong, everyone I see around me is lost and broken, trying desperately to pretend it is all ok, and doing a terrible job of it.

My heart is truly broken...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Excellent! Just shows that just because a cop in a uniform tells you to do something doesn't mean you have to do it !

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

while we're on subject of cops, funny video of cops messing around, out side Buckingham palace
edit on 30-3-2011 by petdog82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by petdog82

Britain's finest at work, meanwhile round the corner an old lady is getting her bag stolen.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join