It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LONDON: Protest turn violent... live Update

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

These protest are about the cuts, but the effects have not been felt yet This is just the beginning. I hope it doesn't resort to violence, it's counter productive. But from what I can see on Sky news, the violence seems to be caused by the obvious minority.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Just seen Millibands speech from Hyde Park, what a joke, the guy looks like a plasticine model from a Wallace and Gromit movie.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by Telos

I think you may be right about the Canadians. I have a feeling they could could be whipped and prod by the authorities and get only a "Stop that eh ya hoser...Sorry for calling you a hoser" in response.

I also think that when and if the Canadians get enraged it will be worse than anywhere else. There is something about people with a long wick, when they powder keg they really do powder keg.

Hit the nail right on the head... Canadians are starting to grow more and more irritated, G20 was a wake up call for many and it's only a matter of time before they try something stupid like that on us again and eventually there WILL be an explosion of energy from the people and the youth in particular. It's as if our generation was tailor made for these times IMHO. All those years of first person shooters and damn you'd be surprised how many kids have a sure shot when they actually hold a real pistol or gun in their hands... it's only a matter of time before things erupt. The cue will be when SHTF to the south of us and our "big brother" begins to fragment and break.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
To be fair it's only a minority of protesters causing trouble. in the UK I think most of us knew something would kick off during this protest. You always get idiots trying to create a bit of trouble on these sorts of protests.

I don't think this will lead to any middle east style uprisings though!

So right! 250.000 Peaceful marchers allow a few dozen black-hooded punks ruin it all.
The cops are going to allow this happen so they can get their "Protesters are bad" footage and that's all the MSM is going to show.
You have to stop these morons because the police won't!
Don't be surprised if all your good efforts are ruined by a few dozen so-called "black bloc anarchists".
Until you can reign them in you will not win the public support so desperately needed.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is no need for 'false flag' violence by the authorities. Protests are only a way the masses voice can be heard. So what if a million stood in the street, obstruct traffic and critical economic flow?

There will be others whom can EQUALLY protest against those masses if they feel it worth the while and espacially their own pockets hurt. But did they?

No. Thus there is a vital and critical message to be conveyed to the authorities by the concerned masses enough to rally. They must act upon it and find the necessary balance as well as convincing power if they feel they are right in the cuts. From the looks of it, TPTB in UK has NO convincing power for it had only put wealth back to the elites, and the masses made to suffer.

If the economy is disrupted by the protests, then the blame can only be squarely blamed on the authorities for failing to convince or find better ways to progress UK's society.

The solution lays NOT in cuts, for it will only curtail spending and circulation of wealth. It lays in heavier taxes upon the rich elites to share their wealth, espacially in these lean times that are not the fault of the masses, but the rich themselves whom had rather gambled on stock investments called 'investments' rather than to create manufacturing industries which will ensure that wealth is share and circulated, touches every Briton.

There lays the crucial and reason for the protests. May Cameroon wake up. He had done a decent thing in Libya, but now is the time for our brit brothers and sisters too.

Good luck to the protests and freedom of speaking out!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's such ashame that a small minority like the one in the British protests today can take the limelight from what was a peaceful and meaningful protest. This was about cuts and over 300,000 people being axed from government jobs. I agree with some comments that the protests are to benefit the unions, but it all boils down to the debts. I still don't understand how the government say that not enough people work, make it harder to claim benefits and then cut over 300k jobs. It's bizarre.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Persona;;y I think that is just a vehicle, listening to some of the "normal" people speaking for allot more issues than public sector jobs and wages.

The TUC and ED might like to think that. but it's not just that.

he had a nerve showing up there today anyway, pontificating against the party in power, when allot of these problems were exasperated when then party he is no in charge of, and of which he was a cabinet member, we in office.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How to blame someone who's hungry for being violent? How to blame someone who lost job or is working without payment for being violent? How to blame someone who really understands how corrupted this system is?

This is global not just UK.

Also, interesting post from Twitter:

Protesters are currently being kettled and arrested in Piccadilly, including legal observers and journalists are told to 'get lost' #March26

Stay strong bothers and sisters!
edit on 26/3/11 by dario86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I was turned away from picadilly on the way back, riot cops everywhere. but I've still spent a day out without actually seeing any violent acts at all. I even got a hug from the love police

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus

The cue will be when SHTF to the south of us and our "big brother" begins to fragment and break.

America will absorb you way before it falls.

2nd

edit on 26-3-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just waiting for NATO intervention now
Secondline

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
OK, so the police are picking of and arresting demonstrators one by one, arresting them for 'catch all' offences like breach of the peace or tresspassing, a lot of the coppers have been instructed to remove their yellow jackets, it's getting dark and there's not much live footage on the news anymore, does anyone have a link to anyone who's covering London live right now?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A fire engine turned up to put out a skip on fire in Hyde park when I was leaving (about 7ish) But when i walked past it a few minutes later (much train station faffery) it was still ablaze, and the fire engine had gone. A small rave was begining to form 50 yars away.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Question - if the number of police officers is going to be reduced, who is going to defend the elites against the population?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Seemingly there is now a SIT in at Trafalguar Square. Trying to mimic those in Cario Egypt. There is now stand off, bewteen protestors and The Police live on Sky News now.

More Police Officers are being brought in to use thier Kettling Technic.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Laurauk because: adding more content

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That video does my heart good. Never let it be said the Brits don't have cahounnes. I would love to be in the middle of something like that in the states. While I'm still young enough to kick some po po azz. I'd jump and
and knock one of those guys from his mount. Then bounce up and snag his ride and drive hard into the biggest group of mounties I could find. LMAO the whole time.

edit on 26-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This was posted on the Sky news Website by someone from Twiter:

skynewsgatherer: This is not true RT @*********: Bloke confirms it was sky news who offered them money to throw brick [via Twitter]

Ahh now were getting some truth here

SKY News Live Coverage
edit on 26-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Saw this on twitter and made me LOL

Unconfirmed reports that forces loyal to Cameron are attacking rebels in Trafalgar square.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join