It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchists blitz the Ritz: Yobs break away from anti-cuts demo as at least HALF A MILLION peaceful p

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Anarchists blitz the Ritz: Yobs break away from anti-cuts demo as at least HALF A MILLION peaceful protesters march on London

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hooded anarchists throw paint and set off flares on Oxford Street
Police targeted with missiles and light bulbs filled with ammonia

Windows at The Ritz smashed as masked youths run wild

Labour leader Ed Miliband likens protest to anti-apartheid movement

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visi t the link for the full news article)

edit on Sat Mar 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well everyone over here in England knew it was coming...
Ending cuts is important as the billionaire bankers have raped and pilaged the poor....What do Goverments think people are going to do.
Some wil say people should not use violence....but when do peaceful measure work when goverments are involved?.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 113131p://f24Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
More scumbags out for a ruck isnt it , a demo that was advertised as family friendly?
as for" when has peacefull demonstatation worked" ....well there are a few examples...anybody remember ghandi?

Those folk intent on violence at these demos , should realise the more violence goes on the more people are turned off to there cause imo

where were all these protestors when the last LABOUR govt Introduced student loans etc .....

funny how even your post seems to condone how this violent action(and the media it attracts ) take all the attention from he geniuine half million peacefull protestors.

edit on 26-3-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

There usually is violence at these Labour/Union renta-mob events - anyone with half a brain cell would not bother to join in a stage managed political rally for the Labour party so they have to bus the less desirables in from around the country.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i started a thread here if you are interested www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a Possible 250 k protesters from ITV BBC and TUC

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

You cannot be an anarchist and be violent at the same time. You can't be a violent libertarian.

Stop smearing please.
edit on Sat Mar 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

there isn't any smearing ,people know it was a separate group going in a diferent direction than the peaceful march....

But sometimes points need to be made for some people to actually understand the anger of the people.

As to people bashing Labour....not EVER has tax cuts during a Recession EVER worked to bail a couuntry out....you stop people from spemding and the Economy gets worse...PROVEN fact over and over and over again throughout history.

Amd not only that the Con Dems then sanction a war effort which is ONLY to defend their Corporate interests....Wow how blind the sheep have become.

As for librarians becoming violent....what ever make one think that anyone person is moraaly better than another....Would a Librarian not do everything to defend ones family.....

Smearing.....Tell the ConDems to stop Smearing this Nation with policlies that are disabling the poor even further to support the Rich.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Stop being a sheep yourself, and using terms like 'Con Dem' and I might take you seriously.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE
reply to post by plube

There usually is violence at these Labour/Union renta-mob events - anyone with half a brain cell would not bother to join in a stage managed political rally for the Labour party so they have to bus the less desirables in from around the country.

Coinciding usually with a Conservative government, spooky eh?
I'm pretty sure if the hungry masses are bothering you, you can always just tut furiously when your Daily Mail drops on your expensive doormat.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You could not be more wrong buddy. Seriously. You are part of the f-in problem. Grow up.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You could not be more wrong buddy. Seriously. You are part of the f-in problem. Grow up.

So explain yourself, so I have a better grasp at understanding your point

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

great observation! I do not agree on associating the word "anarchism" with "vandalism" . Anarchism is simply a way of management, where instead of one leader or minority managing the society, you have a greater level of self-management on the individual level. Pure anarchism does not exist, as pure capitalism or communism does not exist.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian

great observation! I do not agree on associating the word "anarchism" with "vandalism" . Anarchism is simply a way of management, where instead of one leader or minority managing the society, you have a greater level of self-management on the individual level. Pure anarchism does not exist, as pure capitalism or communism does not exist.

I'd applaud that post if i could. I truly agree.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

what do you mean by less desirables? Nurses, doctors, firemen, teachers, Librarians. Yeah lets get rid of all of them bloody teachers trying to teach our kids and stupid nurses saving peoples lives and caring for old people.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I find it pretty hard to explain. But for the record I am not a DM reader (apologies if that is not what you meant). As Morrissey once sang, "I'm dreaming of a time when the English are sick to death of Labour..and the Tories..." lol

My point is that the protest today was orchestrated by the TUC and other left wing groups.....and their sheep have followed. And now it appears, to some out there, that Britain is the verge of some kind of change (reluctant to use the word 'revolution', for it could not be further from the truth). For the vast majority out there today, it was an excuse to feel validated, an excuse for a street party in the capital.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I find it pretty hard to explain. But for the record I am not a DM reader (apologies if that is not what you meant). As Morrissey once sang, "I'm dreaming of a time when the English are sick to death of Labour..and the Tories..." lol

My point is that the protest today was orchestrated by the TUC and other left wing groups.....and their sheep have followed. And now it appears, to some out there, that Britain is the verge of some kind of change (reluctant to use the word 'revolution', for it could not be further from the truth). For the vast majority out there today, it was an excuse to feel validated, an excuse for a street party in the capital.

You say sheep, i say people who aren't happy voicing their concern. And yes in some way's you're right, but.... hang on.... they're our streets though right?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

ok we will use the term Dem Con just for you.....but it does not matter if you take it seriously...I have lived here in England for the last seven years and see what this particular Gov is doiing to people i care about and how they have bailled out bankers only to watch them give huge bonuses to these same conmen...

I Am from Canada and it is one of the few countries in the world that actually has a recall....which has been exercised and shows the way the people think....when goverments go rogue they can be ousted.

The protests show the anger of the people in the UK right now.....when have you seen such protests take place yourself, Since i have been here i have been Amazed at how the british are willing to take it up the A$$.

IT is about time people of this country stood up and spoke up.....i take it i may have offeneded by saying Con Dem therefore you make the assumption i am a sheep......Sad.

the goverment is Ripping the British public off blind and blaming the poor and the social programs for the problems...when if you looked into all the Unpaid Corporate taxes and the tax breaks and scams being done by the wealthy it would put the few who scam the benefits of social programs to shame.

It is always easier to silence the ones whom do not have the ability to speak up for themselves.

no matter how you break down the abbreviation of the Conservative Lib Dem Coalition it is still a shambles.....

Is the LAbour party a better alternative.....hard to say .....but the way the Current government is handling things it will Leads to more hardships for the people of England.....When a country fails to create jobs....spending goes down and the cycle worsens.....so to stand about HOPING for the best is not the right action to take.

I am not sure about you but for my occupation i travel all over the country and it is currently costing me $600/mo in petrol costs. England taxes petrol higher than any other European country....I cannot use public transport as everyday is something knew and requires different tools to be with me.

not sure if you have tried to take ladders,gensets,materials or rigging on a Bus but...personally it does not work.

Approx 45p / Litre goes to the oil Co
Approx 3p /litre goes to the garage
the rest goes in taxes.....is that what you call fair game.

Now the cost of transport goes up so therefore the cost of everything transport reolated goes up...food,clothing,housing.....ETC ETC ETC.

therefore all households have less to spend.....so IF you for one thinks that is the way to fix a broken economy then please show the people how this actually works.

taking EMA and forcing the ill into a Job market that is non Existant please demonstrate how this works and is benificial to society as a whole.

IF you like to see your friend and neighbors sufffer under these cuts.....then i would say to you....who is being the sheep here.

you have wealthy people who live in the dark about people on the bottom end of the ladder...David Cameron, and the rich and wonderful mister Osborne.......Wow I am sure they are hurting for certain.....then they give oil Companies a tax incentive.....And the oil Company says directly to them it will not lower the prices at the pump.....

And i am a sheep because i use an abbreviation of the two parties..... Lib Con, Dem Con, Con Lib

and if they had made a coalition with the labour party they would still be Lab Con, or Con Lab.

No matter what they are destroying the country....and i say Power to the people....STOP being stepped on and stand up for the people.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
200+ arrested according to Sky news.

Lots of rioters and police still about.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm sure it was more than 250.000 - and I would estimate more than 500,000 - I was told at least 750.000 by one of the stewards.

In any case, here's a pic of the peacful part:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

You do realise that it's supposed to work the other way? ...the Brits go to Canada, haha

Okay mate. It's helpful for me to know your background.

But, ultimately, participating in an event organised by groups associated with the last government (you remember, the one that is largely responsible for creating the conditions that now means we must make considerable reductions in public spending and borrowing, and have all these job losses etc) is not a great idea. Makes a few headlines, sure. Gives a few yobs a chance to throw a few bricks through some high profile store windows. But, make a difference? Yea, right.

Anyway, I give up on this subject.

<<   2 >>

join