It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE - What It Is; A Quick Overview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Man, this Out of Body Experience thing seems to really be the popular item here on the board, and now some of you are dabbling in designer hallucinogens to help you get up and out of your bodies. Geesh. Well, it just so happens that I've been doing a little research into this subject - not exactly the OOBE thing, but the transition from corporeal to non-corporeal existence thing - and I may have a few bits of new information to add to the topic for those who want to achieve the OOBE without frying their brains with untested, bizarre drugs that the world's grown-ups haven't gotten around to making illegal yet.

The primary source of new information (new to me, anyway) came from this board a few months ago while I was vetting my own theory in daily combat with the metaphysical crowd that gathers here. Someone put up a thread detailing some relatively recent work done by the tag team of Chun Siong Soon, Marcel Brass, Hans-Jochen Heinze & John-Dylan Haynes as a follow-up to work in the 1980s by Benjamin Libet concerning the human brain's process during the making of a decision. Here's a link to an article on the subject...

www.nature.com...

Basically, both Libet and the team of Soon, Brass, Heinze and Haynes (armed with an fMRI machine) discovered indications of a definite lag time between the moment the brain has completed a simple yes/no decision and the conscious mind's experience of that decision as deliberately being made. There are and have been reputable challenges to these findings, but the fact that this is still in controversy was enough for me to consider these results and apply the possibility to my own research into the issue of corporeal consciousness (CC) and how it differs from post-corporeal consciousness (PCC) as experienced by the human mind.

What I discovered was profound enough for me to make major revisions to the published presentation of my own theory - AutoGenesisism - and to decide to pull the 1st edition of TAKING DOWN THE CURTAIN in favor of a new and revised edition featuring this new information. In essence it helped me determine why the corporeal human being experiences existence as it does, even as it has the capacity to observe itself experiencing that existence (the observer mind), and what actually happens during the NDE (near-death experience) and the OOBE that some of you folks seem so in love with at the moment.

Since this board helped me by alerting me on this issue, I felt it proper to give you folks the first word on what I discovered. Besides, what you'll find is that you don't need synapse killing dope to achieve the OOBE, and if this helps a few brain cells survive, then I'll feel a little better with myself for sharing. So, here's the deal....

1. The human brain "generates" configurations of processed information (Intellect) in response to the effort to enable the corporeal matrix whole to successfully survive from moment to moment.
  2. These "bursts" of Intellect contain what we refer to as human consciousness. While the brain and body are still alive, this conscious Intellect focuses on the corporeal-centric business of keeping the brain and body alive. While this effort is ongoing, it can properly be referred to as Corporeal Conciousness, or CC.
  3. To enable the CC to successfully perform its primary function, its point of perspective (POP) exists at the point where external sensory input (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell) is loaded into the brain's short term memory, along with memory and rumination information selections from the brain's long term memory storage
  4. This POP is consciously experienced as the corporeal mind after each "burst" of active Intellect has been properly "mixed down" by the information vetting process (responsible for maintaining experience consistency and ensuring the Intellect's identity crafting effort remains disciplined and equally consistent) and properly synced to the timing of the external stimuli input stream.
  5. The "generated" bursts of Intellect - while experienced by the brain's short term memory once this process is completed - exist eternally as indivisible dynamic information configurations that isolate from the rest of the contextual environment (CE), while associating with similar Intellect bursts from the same authoring brain - with each burst occurring at the CE's unit rate of change in direct response to everything else that occurs in the CE. This allows the brain to experience a relative stasis of "now" with all structural changes within the CE, even as layers of change occur at rates that amount to harmonic multiples (higher and lower) to the base frequency that sets the stasis for all that exists within the CE.
  6. When the corporeal brain experiences severe trauma - enough trauma for it to prepare for death - the CC is lifted from its normal POP and transitioned to the post-corporeal consciousness (PCC) POP which exists within the gathered mass of Intellect bursts that has existed for as long as the brain has been functional and "generating" bursts of Intellect at the CE's unit rate of change. This event is what tradition has called the "crossing over" into the afterlife.
  7. If the brain survives the trauma event, the POP shifts back from the Intellect mass (PCC perespective) to the short term memory input and the CC perspective resumes for the mind. If remembered, then the event is called an NDE.
  8. Some people have glitches in their brain functionality, and their mind's POP shifts back and forth between the CC and PCC positions. This is what you'd call an authentic OOBE. Not really an "escape from the body" for the "soul", but a shifting of the mind's POP from the brain to the Intellect mass itself. Of course, as dynamic information, Intellect "travels" if it decides to, but not in the space/time sense of corporeal event travel. Still, with only the corporeal experience as a useable reference, the OOBE adventurer will experience the event in the only manner he/she understands.

So, with this information to help you better understand what is actually happening during an authentic OOBE, you may discover ways of adjusting your POP that work better than taking mind altering drugs, and actually achieve this shift in POP with more control and precision. I'm not particularly talented in these sorts of things, so I wouldn't have any suggestions as to how (physically) to encourage such a shift - besides intentionally flat-lining with a friend and a defibrillator standing by - but some of you seem to have strategies, and maybe this more defined sense of what's occurring during the OOBE will inspire you a little. Maybe even make it more manageable and safer.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I personally believe the whole OOB experience to be a bunch of hog wash. With that said i think you made a well thought out argument for your position, so a star@ flag for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
? when you have a OBE are you dying dreaming or what

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was layin on the sofa asleep went to talk with my husband in the restroom but he didnt here me then i ran back to my body i was not dying and i look at my body started laughing and jump back in then woke up explain that then the second time i set straight up out my body and looked around the room look at my body and got back in i jump in and out my body a lot i dont be dying or none of the so please help me under stand

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasha
I was layin on the sofa asleep went to talk with my husband in the restroom but he didnt here me then i ran back to my body i was not dying and i look at my body started laughing and jump back in then woke up explain that then the second time i set straight up out my body and looked around the room look at my body and got back in i jump in and out my body a lot i dont be dying or none of the so please help me under stand

I'm going to suggest schizophrenia in this case. Not really bad schizophrenia, but a touch of it here and there.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I personally believe the whole OOB experience to be a bunch of hog wash. With that said i think you made a well thought out argument for your position, so a star@ flag for you.

I believe that a lot of the talk around here about it is people goofing on the ones who honestly believe in it. That said, I have checked into the NDE thing pretty thoroughly, and for many years (off and on as the subject caught my interest, of course) and the case for NDEs is very compelling. In my own view, the authentic OOBE is similar in technical execution, for the CC, but the fact that it lacks the survival inperative trigger leads me to believe that the unexpected OOBE is more likely authentic, whereas the intentional - or even habitual - OOBE lacks the imperative aspect that trauma, or a malformation within the brain's structure that might intermittently mimick such a trauma indication, would present to the CC, and cause it to shift in that manner. Then again, the knowledge simply isn't there to dismiss much of anything when dealing with the human mind. It's not as if there's a history of responsible analysis to build upon.

A lot of this stuff has been so misinterpreted for such a long time that it's going to take quite a bit of work to straighten it all out. This project is just the very beginning of de-mystifying the many aspects of human existence that defy the traditional materialist's version of reality, so that all of what we know we experience can finally make sense with all of what we know to be true. There's a whole field to develop here, and I hope others decide to get involved in it with the kinds of expertise that can be brought to bear on this effort. It'd be pretty exciting to see what folks would discover after all these centuries of being led down blind alleys by people who are brilliant experts in advancing ways of thinking about physical reality that were never actually valid to begin with. Imagine those minds if properly directed.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Tibetans original Buddhist temple dates back to the 7th century when it's founder stepped off of a heavenly ladder onto earth in what to day is the Yarlung valley of Tibet.

Years ago I read books about Tibetan Buddhist monks residing in Lhasa and their explanation is that the body as being comprised of the physical body as in brain, skeletal, muscular, pulmonary and circulatory systems as well as the soul.

When we are created, the soul is what occupies the fertilized ovum in our mother's body and thus creating who we are as individuals.

The Soul can be via meditation projected away and out of the physical body but is still attached by a connection similar to that of a wire or conduit centered around the navel area.

When we sleep this occurs naturally allowing us to travel at will independent of space and time.

Once we die, the connection to the body is severed and the soul moves on leaving the dead body behind.
To eventually occupy another ovum in our future mother's body.

Well, you asked...there you have it.

Research the electrical nature of brain functions and that's the scientific link to this energy.

edit on 26-3-2011 by nh_ee because: Ich weisse nicht was Ich gerade hier schreiben sollte ?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
The Tibetans original Buddhist temple dates back to the 7th century when it's founder stepped off of a heavenly ladder onto earth in what to day is the Yarlung valley of Tibet.

Years ago I read books about Tibetan Buddhist monks residing in Lhasa and their explanation is that the body as being comprised of the physical body as in brain, skeletal, muscular, pulmonary and circulatory systems as well as the soul.

When we are created, the soul is what occupies the fertilized ovum in our mother's body and thus creating who we are as individuals.

The Soul can be via meditation projected away and out of the physical body but is still attached by a connection similar to that of a wire or conduit centered around the navel area.

When we sleep this occurs naturally allowing us to travel at will independent of space and time.

Once we die, the connection to the body is severed and the soul moves on leaving the dead body behind.
To eventually occupy another ovum in our future mother's body.

Well, you asked...there you have it.

Research the electrical nature of brain functions and that's the scientific link to this energy.

edit on 26-3-2011 by nh_ee because: Ich weisse nicht was Ich gerade hier schreiben sollte ?

I don't know. All that soul-electricity-cords attached to the navel stuff sounds really complicated. I might not be up for that level of examination. Those monks must be geniuses or something.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Very good information here. Taking me some time to read, though. Always looking for some supplementary knowledge like this.

new topics

top topics

join