It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tip your local pizza driver.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Or anyone who delivers you food really. Its so rude when people do not tip. My boyfriend delivers for a pizza company, and the number of times every day he doesn't recieve a tip is outrageous. So for all you non tippers our there, just consider for a moment:
You were too lazy to get off of your ass and get the food yourself.
Someone wasted their gas (which is really expensive) to bring your lazy ass your food.
Not all pizza companys give their drivers the 2.50 delivery fee you were charged.
& Sometimes, the sweet boy delivering your food doesn't have a shot at a real job. So their tips are how they make their living.

Just a fantastic example: Today he delivered a pizza to American Gold Buyers. They didn't give him a tip.
WHAT?! YOU BUY GOLD... BUT YOU CANT TIP THE PIZZA BOY?! Well, If you cant afford a tip, what the HELL are you offering your customers for their gold? Ridiculous & Rude.

So just remember, tip your local pizza driver because they have bills to pay too. & dont tell me you cant afford it, then pick it up your damn self, or walk to a grocery store. Thanks everyone!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Umm... well, might work where you live, but where I live they dont make tips.. they steal them off you with massive prices.

I'm glad I don't live in a place where tips are expected - everyone pays equally..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I was a pizza boy when I was in High School. That was a few years ago when gas was still around $1.50/gallon.
I will give an example what really ticked me off the most-

Let's say 2 pizzas, breadsticks, and a 2 Liter of Coke = $19.82.
They hand me a $20, so I know I'm not getting a real tip. I would hesitate for a brief second, because honestly, I don't think that reaching in the bag and digging out 18 cents is really worth the effort. Most would say, "Ahh just keep that," but some would stand there with that greedy impatient look on their face like- "Well, are you gonna give me my %#**%^$# change?" I didn't mind if some people didn't give a real tip, but at least let me get the hell out of here so I can get to the next house that might tip. Make me waste time diggin around the bag to get change.

I do feel like mentioning another example though. This shows my clumsiness. A couple miles outside of town. A country road. 2 Loaded extra large pizzas. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but the box on top, slid off of the box on bottom. (We didn't have the bags that most places use today). Basically- 1 pizza upside down, out of the box, and landed on top of a bush lol. So I go back to town. Make another one. Go back out there. That nice woman tipped me $20, because I had to drive out there twice. Even though it was my fault lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Telling people they are LAZY ASSES is not a good way to promote tipping. We have pizza delivered all the time, yet we're not LAZY ASSES. *Delivery* is an offered service. People who partake of the *delivery service* are not necessarily LAZY ASSES. In fact, many pizza restaurants do not *charge* for delivery, yet offer a $2-$4 discount for people who pick-up/carry-out their orders. In other words, there IS a delivery charge, but it is hidden as a pick-up/carry-out "discount." Americans aren't stupid.

Further, again, calling people LAZY ASSES because they have pizza delivered is in bad form. I might have had sympathy for the situation, but since you insulted people who have people delivered as LAZY ASSES... well, no sympathy now. BTW, I do tip. However, it's insulting to be called a LAZY ASS because the pizza is delivered.

I highly recommend a change of profession if it is at all feasible.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
perhaps people would tip more often if 100% of pizza places didnt charge extra for delivery. perhaps you delivery folks should be angry at your employers for not passing that along to you. dont be angry because you have a crappy job and a crappy employer...dont blame it on the customers

btw i always tip and always at least 5 dollars per delivery...if i felt that it was expected instead of appreciated and hoped for i wouldnt ever tip...its called a gratuity for a reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Tipping ?? Whats tipping ?? Not in this country. And im glad we dont. So confusing....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Unbelievable that you gonna work for such a joint! If your gas is in the price that would be fair, but if isn't screw that pizzaria!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
i ALWAYS leave the pizza guy a tip, at least enough to cover a gallon of gas. i had one guy come in for a beer and a smoke. he hooked me up with some breadsticks next time he came by (actually remembered the address). you take care of your service providers, they take care of you.
edit on 25-3-2011 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: wrong thread

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm a restaurant server/bartender, so I know how he feels. Although, we rarely get stiffed... Anyway, you have to take the good with the bad. I usually tip about 3 bucks on about 25 dollars worth of food. I always wonder if that's enough.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yet another person complaining about why they should be paid better for minimal work. Maybe a little effort on his part and he would have a better job? On the other hand if he expects to live on tips he doesnt come across as a real "go getter". Good luck with that.
PS walmart is always hiring and pays about 9 bucks an hour to start

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

If he gets a better job, who will deliver the town's pizza?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Lance Armstrong duh

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What DO pizza boys make over there per hour (without tips)??

I used to do this and I'd make alright money and as to the tips. the more difficult the customers order the more they tip to make up to it for you. Not abusing the customer is a good start.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is good advice.
They have access you your food before you do.

I used to tell my nephew this all the time.
He'd order 3 or 4 pizzas a week.
Never EVER tip, not a dime.
They knew the address of the house (my house). The drivers knew him.

I told him it would be wise to tip the guy that brings you dinner.
The have access to the food first.
The rest is left up to the imagination of the tipper.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think it's totally ignorant to expect a tip.

Tips are bonuses and bonuses are earned. To expect somebody who is already paying your wages to give you even more is just blatant greed.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Tip the damn pizza/food guy/girl! It's common decency. God, there are some CHEAP SOB's out there!
edit on 3/25/2011 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
I think it's totally ignorant to expect a tip.

Tips are bonuses and bonuses are earned. To expect somebody who is already paying your wages to give you even more is just blatant greed.

Herein lies the problem. You think tips are bonuses. The bosses of the delivery people use the addition of tips as a reason to not have to pay minimum wage. That is their loophole.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I am a VERY good tipper of the pizza guy ESP when they follow directions on the ticket...

Funny thing is most are lazy and don't give a crap and NEVER follow instructions on my ticket, which are IMPORTANT and tell them how to get to my condo...The ones who do follow the rules get 10 bucks...yes 10 bucks. I do it because for TWO years I have ordered from the same two places and only a handful of them even pay attention to special instructions. Those only get about 3 bucks from me, maybe 5....I get told I tip too much but I work for tips so I know what it's like to not get anything, it sucks so I make sure I give them enough..Heck they would get 10 if they just read their damn ticket! lol It's actually a fun experiement on how people don't follow directions.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
Yet another person complaining about why they should be paid better for minimal work. Maybe a little effort on his part and he would have a better job? On the other hand if he expects to live on tips he doesnt come across as a real "go getter". Good luck with that.
PS walmart is always hiring and pays about 9 bucks an hour to start

Rude much, at least he is working!!

A job is a job and pizza delivery guys/gals don't make a lot of money off the bat so they rely on tips to help cover the rest of their pay. They are delivering your pizza because you are either too lazy to go get it or you just don't want to be bothered going out for it.

Also WalMart does NOT pay 9 bucks an hour to start, not sure where you are but that is false and they are not always hiring.

Doesn't come across as a real go-getter??? My god you are high on yourself arent you?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join