It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i believe humanity is going through a higher state of consicousness

the good are getting better

the intelligent are getting more intelligent

unfortunatly evil people are getting even more evil

everything seems to be evolving

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Good God Go kiddo. hhhhhhhe's already a prodigy.
It was in 1988 to 1990 when I saw vivid visions of this new math.
Telepathy knows no time or space

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
the problem is 7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

honestly the kid blow my mind,he needs to be surrounded by the greatest minds on the planet to inspire him and his great mind,but you can clearly see he gets a real buzz from number crunching.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The Rothschilds will have him on the payroll by age 15. The Rockefellers may try to bid higher, that is if the Russian mafia doesn't get to him first.

Yah this is exactly what I'm thinking. They will use all this theories for evil. On the other hand, perhaps he is one of those who was prepared before birth to take a place in society and bring inventions to the fore for the Golden Age of Aquarius.

I hope they keep him away from Flouride...
edit on 25-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Best of luck with this kid's futur endevours.
He will be of great importance to many different fields of science/math in the near futur no doubt.
We should be supportive of his work, instead of spewing "i'm smart too" bs.

Can't wait to see what comes of his new theories and methods.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Kid has a bright future.

...but just because he has a high IQ, it doesn't necessarily mean he will solves the worlds problem or contribute anything of significance to mathematics or physics. The guy with the highest IQ in the world, Christopher Langan, hasn't contributed anything of significance to modern science nor the world. There are actually quite a few geniuses in history who either wasted their potential or simply were not interested in solving problems. Whether this kid will change the world is totally dependent on whether or not he is put in an atmosphere where he can thrive and whether or not he has interested. However, considering that this kid already has a PhD research position lined up...I'd say he's on the right path.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This kids might be bright at the age of 12, but that does not mean he will automatically progress into a super intelligent grownup. There are a lot of hurtles this kids has to overcome by becoming an adult. And interests change over time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Trying not to reapeat anything that is already been said before... besides "wow!"

of course I don't understand a thing from what that kid is 'explaining' so I can only hope it is genuine... but in the second vid where he explains the event horizon from a blackhole, he does a little calculation there and then he says:
"one devided by zero is infinity"....
im not a genius but isnt "1:0=0"... ( or ="1"... which isnt correct either) or totaly meaningless ? How does he get infinity?

just something I keep pondering on.... lol
edit on 25/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Trying not to reapeat anything that is already been said before... besides "wow!"

of course I don't understand a thing from what that kid is 'explaining' so I can only hope it is genuine... but in the second vid where he explains the event horizon from a blackhole, he does a little calculation there and then he says:
"zero devided by one is infinity"....
im not a genius but isnt "0:1=0" ?

Didn't he say it the other way around? I'm sure that's what he meant. But yes, 0/1 = 0. 1/0 = infinity.

Did anyone else notice that there are ads in his youtube videos? And that there's only one "official" source for this, namely the newspaper article? I was unable to find any other source that could corroborate these claims.

Some of his youtube videos are pretty impressive for his age, but other parts are actually just simple calculus techniques that anyone can memorize with some effort.

Extraordinary proof requires extraordinary evidence! I'm not trying to bash this kid, I'm just saying it sounds a bit too good to be true. Could just be a "youtube-phenomenon" that attracted the attention of a newspaper.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Why is that a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Deran

yes he did say it the other way around, I edited that before you responded.
But even 1/0= not infinity, it's not even a division

8/4=2 therefor 2x4=8
no matter what you multiply with 0 it will never give you 1 as answer, not even if you multiply by 'infinity'

ok, did not mean to derail this thread, this just got me thinking
back to topic

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by Deran

yes he did say it the other way around, I edited that before you responded.
But even 1/0= not infinity, it's not even a division

8/4=2 therefor 2x4=8
no matter what you multiply with 0 it will never give you 1 as answer, not even if you multiply by 'infinity'

ok, did not mean to derail this thread, this just got me thinking
back to topic

He's correct. 1/0 IS infinity. at least conceptually. since we don't really know what happens when anything is divided exactly by zero we employ limits. we divide by incredibly small numbers, infinitly closer to zero, since we know how to, but not zero itself...the closer these numbers are to zero the more humongous are the resulted numbers which theoretically can grow infinitly. Hence 1/0 is simply infinity.
edit on 25-3-2011 by delicatessen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dantanna
does anyone know if he is jewish?
look at what einstein did because of his heritage. the idiot helped create a nuclear bomb with his 'gifts.'

You're anti-semitism is apparent. So is the ignorance here. Einstein himself did not 'help to create' the nuclear bomb. He had nothing to do with the project. The letter he supposedl;y "wrote" to Roosevelt warning him that there was a danger Germany was developoing the atomic bomb was a forgery. Indeed, the scientists who did write it joked about what they should put uin he next letter Einstein wrote to Roosevelt.

So you think Einstein developed the theory of relativity "because of his heritage" and then you call him an "idiot." Interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
IQ is relative to age. Given that he is only 12, how does that compare to Einstein on an absolute scale?

In my opinion, it is likely that his IQ may have peaked too early - if not, great. I hope he invents or discovers something awesome.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d40ce4c63975.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:46:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In this video he already questions something that isn't fully understood in science. I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell this kid how to think, he is a master of numbers and it seems he doesn't like it when numbers don't make sense.

He questions it yes, but in a very basic way. Disproving nothing.

This does reveal his very mature way about him, yet he's still having fun. He speaks well, and doesn't seem to be overloaded with stuff. People like this sometimes have 'cliffedges' of knowledge and concepts, simply because they haven't been around long enough to pick up the knowledge.

Great to see that he just goes off and 'learns up' on something very very quickly.

So I think he needs his own environment, where he will be challenged, and allowed to grow, have fun as a kid, and learn by teaching perhaps. I'd like to see him teaching children, and see if he can reveal better ways of doing that.

Ultimately, he should be left to do what he wants to do of course.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
Kid has a bright future.

...but just because he has a high IQ, it doesn't necessarily mean he will solves the worlds problem or contribute anything of significance to mathematics or physics.

What will it take for a genius to "save the world"?

The guy with the highest IQ in the world, Christopher Langan, hasn't contributed anything of significance to modern science nor the world.

I think he has, but only a handful of people realize it... Not a lot of people understand his "CTMU" and the principles found therein. To those who do, it is a goldmine of insight into the nature of reality. Don't just believe what the MSM says about him, they focus too much on his IQ score but not on his works (not a surprise).

Read his works, several times if you need to. To anyone striving to understand the nature of reality, CTMU is a must-read, along with several other not-so-well-known works from other obscure thinkers. Mainstream math and science will eventually catch up to him. Actually, he himself is catching up with something that was already known long before by a select few, but was kept hidden for some reason. I'm saying too much already...

There are actually quite a few geniuses in history who either wasted their potential or simply were not interested in solving problems. Whether this kid will change the world is totally dependent on whether or not he is put in an atmosphere where he can thrive and whether or not he has interested. However, considering that this kid already has a PhD research position lined up...I'd say he's on the right path.

The world is at its current state not because of the lack of geniuses, but because of the lack of humanity.
edit on 3/25/2011 by laymanskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When I was around 7 or 8 years old, I was very gifted. I new how everything worked just by looking thinking about it for a little while. One example was how a jet egine worked, why it was so loud and how to quiet down the noise. This was before is was done in practice. I had dozens of similar epiphanies, that turned out later to be correct. Unfortunately, I was not recognized as anything special and suffered a confidence problem after that time of disappointment (and other difficulties) in my life.
Today I have a well above average IQ and when I apply myself, I can find few that can follow me. This could have been a much more significant social contribution if I was recognized earlier and was given proper attention.
Many simlar situations are never ending. Gifted and beyond-gifted children are squashed down early in their childhood and very few are ever recognized. This one child is recognized by to circumstance, but many, many more will not be due to many failed apsects of a defaced culture and society.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
HA! In 2 of his videos, he explains how the Charlie Chaplin time traveller video is possible

He makes small mistakes all the time, and immediately corrects them.
However at 2min 5secs in the first 'Time traveler' video, he gets the left hand side of the
equation wrong and does not pick up on it.

video
www.youtube.com.../u/7/irIZqskssrw

correct equation is here
en.wikipedia.org...

Promisingly, he recognises that the most common occurance of hyperbolic paraboloids is Pringle chips.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Prediction...

Total burnout by 19 and dead before 30....

Hope I'm wrong and this kid sets the world ablaze

Not so true. With the abundance of information and the technologies available that Einstien did not have access to, he's got a wealth a WORLD of information that he can get ahold of, to feed his mind... on a continual basis...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join