It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is not a religious discussion...

Theres a certain group of individuals on our forums and throughout the world who "understand" life as it is...

They understand what is preached in the bible and look beyond it to find more answers and possibilities of existance. Again this is not a religious discussion, they may have no knowledge of any religious "doctrine" but never the less they still "get it". They accept things for how they are and can see past the physical world.

They're usually quite spiritual (I said spiritual NOT religious
) people that issolate themselves from all but a few select people whom they trust... Above all they do not judge anything... they know its not their place. They are very mature regardless of age, yet have a great sence of humour as well.

These people are care free seeing life as an illusion or even a "ride"... usually they're some what detached from this world, nothing bothers them aside from the sad road humanity has been going down. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt they've been here before. That they have existed before this life...

Does any of this sound like you or anyone you know?

There was a thread that was posted recently How can one tell if one is an "old soul" which actually inspired me to start this thread.

About 2/3's of the way down the first page Daniem gave an interesting explanation from his grandmother...

An old soul: Someone who seems to do stuff right in life, like they have learned all of lifes lessons, like they have secret knowledge... (like they have lived life before and remember experiences and is drawing on them in daily experiences.)

If you feel you are one of these people please share some wisdom... this is not a debate or arguement. Only an attempt to understand others point of view on life. We all experience life in our own way, and through understanding each others experiences we grow and learn. Tell me why you're an "old soul" if you like. Or share some spiritual knowledge.

Who are you?

edit on 24-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Who am I?

That's something I haven't been able to answer yet, and maybe never will.

Life changes you, experiences change you...so we always change

I don't think there is any definite answer to who I am...yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Good answer!

I've heard it said "true knowledge is knowing you know nothing"

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am that I am.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You described me

Oddly enough you use the term "old soul" I have been called this many times.

I don't like to judge others and I am pretty easy going and very spiritual. I have read about the various religions and I dont down people for their beliefs. I feel people are free to believe and worship what they choose AS long as they don't force it onto others.

I always try and put myself in someone elses shoes because it's easy to make comments about a situation until you are in it.

What really bothers me lately is how people treat others. It seems like it is getting worse and it just makes me sad. Im empathic and well sometimes it is a bit much to be around people. I have had times where i read or watch videos on ATS and it's hard to explain, but I can feel the sadness and pain the people feel or even the planet and it just makes me sad. I saw the Hopi video this morning and it just made me cry because it is so true.

Good thread

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have always been told that I am an old soul. Me and my mom were just talking about this actually, she said I have always had a sense that things would turn out certain ways, and my thought processes were like I had been there before. Wise beyond my years and such.

I personally have not figured out who I am completely, but I only have 20 years under my belt, I have many more to do so I believe

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

This is also how I am, very empathic, and just laid back and chill about most things.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
You described me

Oddly enough you use the term "old soul" I have been called this many times.

I don't like to judge others and I am pretty easy going and very spiritual. I have read about the various religions and I dont down people for their beliefs. I feel people are free to believe and worship what they choose AS long as they don't force it onto others.

I always try and put myself in someone elses shoes because it's easy to make comments about a situation until you are in it.

What really bothers me lately is how people treat others. It seems like it is getting worse and it just makes me sad. Im empathic and well sometimes it is a bit much to be around people. I have had times where i read or watch videos on ATS and it's hard to explain, but I can feel the sadness and pain the people feel or even the planet and it just makes me sad. I saw the Hopi video this morning and it just made me cry because it is so true.

Good thread

I feel your pain my friend, there are times where im just overwhelmed by emotions. Sometimes at the silliest things too. For example when i see anyone or anything that has to do with animal abuse, it brings me to tears and i litterally can't watch.

When you feel love for the world your emotions can get the best of you, especially when you see innocent souls in pain.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

Indeed

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Agreed!!!

Those humane society commercials with the sappy music and animals always makes me cry! I have to change the channel lol

I get overwhelmed easily by my emotions and things I am passionate about. I can cry over happy things I read too, it just depends on how it makes me feel. I had to stop reading the Japan threads, it was draining me in a sense if that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Akragon

Agreed!!!

Those humane society commercials with the sappy music and animals always makes me cry! I have to change the channel lol

I get overwhelmed easily by my emotions and things I am passionate about. I can cry over happy things I read too, it just depends on how it makes me feel. I had to stop reading the Japan threads, it was draining me in a sense if that makes sense.

yup, i glance over them once in a while, but i tend to stay out of politics or world issues, just too much negetive energy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am one individual complete and unique yet inextricably linked with all that is. Whatever I do to anything in creation I do to myself, because it is me and I am it. I understand my divinity and live my life, in the present moment enjoying it for what it is. I judge nothing because I can only be certain of one thing. I AM. I understand I am here to experience life and that when this experience is over I return to Oneness and Infinite love.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't know if I am or not, but I certainly feel like one of these old souls. I'm weary of seeing all the stress and heartache we inflict on one another and wish we could all just realize that keeping up with the joneses or winning some made-up competition with other people is just ridiculous as we're all born, we live, and regardless of the details in between, we all die (I love the quotes "Every man dies...not every man truly lives" and "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper").

We're all just pilgrims passing through, and I really do think we're all caught up in some sort of grand illusion. It's a simple lesson, but as Yahushua taught, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" seems to be about the hardest thing for us as a whole to actually do in this world, despite the fact that if we would all just consistently do it, we'd effectively be in a hippy paradise where everyone's needs were met. There's more than enough: food; land; "wealth" to go around. But for some reason we just can't see that we're all one.

If you're into quantum physics at all, realize that with our universe having been born in a big bang, we're all quantumly-entangled. We really ARE just all one, and the whole universe is actually touching. Everything is connected, everything is inter-related. Causes and actions ripple through reality, and observation changes effects (check out the dual-slit experiment sometime). Apparently "the Secret" is approaching reality as well, with my recent looking into placebo effect and Yahushua's teaching on faith. Now if I can just bring my energy up to not focus so much on what is wrong, but on how I want it to be right.

The world is amazing and beautiful, and we're a species with so much amazing potential. But we're misled, distracted, and turned against one another. We need to rise above and unite in our oneness.

To sum up, I believe in lending a helping hand, living and let live, turning the other cheek and realizing that violence begets violence and harms the one inflicting it as much as the one it's inflicted upon.

Be well, and live in love.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

"You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper")

Hahaha, bill and teds bogus journey!!

Well said my friend!

666 stars, someone help me from the grasp of the dreaded number!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Fine, fine - for knowing what movie that was from, I'll bump you up to 667

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Akragon

Fine, fine - for knowing what movie that was from, I'll bump you up to 667

Whew...Thanks!

Thought i was Gonna BURN!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Who am I ?

In this physical reality, it seems natural for us as individuals, to seek answers from an outside source. We painstakingly read, study, join religious groups,or web sites
we traverse the globe asking questions and looking for answers, on our individual quest for truth & enlightenment. Sadly in most cases, at the end of this journey the individual is left feeling even more confused with more questions than before. The reason for this unfulfilled outcome is simple the individual was searching in the wrong location.

Searching the physical world for a non-physical answer will just lead you on a wild goose chase.

The answers that you seek, can only be found in one location and in one location only and that location, is within.

The real journey begins within!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Don't want to burst any bubbles, but nobody really knows what they're doing...even " old souls "...

Ironically an old soul would probably admit to this...
edit on 24-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Don't want to burst any bubbles, but nobody really knows what they're doing...even " old souls "...

Speak for yourself, just because you haven't figured it out yet ,doesn't mean others haven't.

Thankfully, we all have a built in guidance system, that alerts us, to the course we're on.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would like to think I have some of the traits you describes in your orignal post. I can't say for sure. I do believe I am more "like that" than I was earlier in my life. So if I can be said to be an "old soul" on some level, I'm guessing most of the ageing process happened during this lifetime.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join