It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
People on ATS are literally making me give up on humanity.

People have a problem with this kind of thing?

This IS PROGRESS.

you all talk about how humanity got by for centuries without all these kind of things, yet if those things were happening to you, you would be doing anything at all for a cure.

Imagine if someone needs to get a heart transplant to survive...wouldn't you want them to have a chance to by having one of these organs, rather than waiting on a giant list and more than likely, dying along the way?

Frankly, I am all for this. I want people to survive and I want good to happen to everyone.

Not everything in the world is a conspiracy, there are amazing things happening out there which will only improve our quality of life and the future of humanity. If it means we have to test on a few animals, does it really matter? it's not like we dont eat alot of these animals anyway and disregard a large number of the body parts.

Me, im pulling for team humanity, I want us to survive, learn and grow

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
wow my grammar is getting worse my apologies in my last post ! I missed putting on the end the S

ohh when will we see winged humans besides what see on religious paintings

Never mind Someone did already !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53054cda2732.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

To all the people who find this disgusting:

I'm in agreement.

With that said, I don't think I would turn down the opportunity to get a new heart or pancreas from one of these animals if my life depended on it. We kill and eat animals to live, what is the difference here besides it being unnatural?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mary Shelley warned us about this type of thing with Frankenstein. Now we're going to use animals as human part farms? That's disturbing. Now we can get lunch, dinner and a brain all from the same animal? Something seriously wrong about that...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I dont get why people are angry?
if you fall in love witha woman and have ababy and then after she given birth the doctors take the baby for routine cheks and you talking to your wife and looking at her being the happiest man in the world, when the doctor comes in the room and has that look on his face, he simply says the baby has problems and they are going to have to do more tests since it is only early stages. A few days later you find out the baby has 2 months to live max, now the deisease that your child has could be solved by this testing, and it could grow up and live a normal healthy life. What about cracking desises for other animals? yeah it is cruel but the world is cruel, grow up! nothing can be a sweet my little pony story, atleast we get knowledge from this pain. unlike millions of painfull acts inflicted by humans evreyday emotionally and physically, these guys are scientists doing there job the pinicle of the human race pushing us forward with new testes and results and things that could help us.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

To the OP...

Firstly scuse my spelling throughout this thread, I've been running on about 3 hours sleep a night for the last week, and my brain is slowly deing a death (one day till weekend thank god!) anyway...

One quick question for you here... are you a vegetarian?

I've met so many people who are discusted at ideas like this, especially growing human organs, and testing on animals that can genuinely save millions of people... yet they have no problem with killing the same animals just because they're a bit hungry.

So I can understand where you're coming from in terms of being disgusted by this, however I'd like to know if you also find killing animals for food which is dramatically MORE disgusting as far as I am concerned discusting too?

I don't eat meat as there is no need to, there are plenty of other options, many of which are much better for you than meat, but more importantly because I see no need to kill things just because they taste nice (unless you live in the wild in which case fair enough!). I'm also against animal testing for stupid things like cosmetics etc.

However although I do feel this is slightly unnatural, I don;t see a whole lot of difference between keeping whole herds of sheep alive to harvest their human-sheepy organs to save someones life. It seems like a much more just-cause for ending it's life than just because you fancy a kebab after a piss up!

Would love to here people views on this... I'm off to bead before I fall asleep on the floor (and no not cause I'm a vegy before anyone makes any wise cracks
).

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If an animal has a human brain, it's human. Period.

No I would not trade the life of another human for my own or a family member. It's not how I roll. If somebody needs a body part, they can use the organ donor program. Those organs are gifts of love. And no humans trapped in animal bodies had to be murdered for acting too human.

No I'm not religeous.
No I;m not a freakin' vegitarian.
Yes, I approve of animal testing.

But if their brains are composed fully of human brain cells then they are HUMAN.
...and this is all sick.

Dr. Mengele never did anything this evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woghd

No I would not trade the life of another human for my own or a family member. It's not how I roll. If somebody needs a body part, they can use the organ donor program. Those organs are gifts of love. And no humans trapped in animal bodies had to be murdered for acting too human.

No I'm not religeous.

But if their brains are composed fully of human brain cells then they are HUMAN.
...and this is all sick.

Yeah he only did stuff like:
-Attempt to change eye colours by injecting chemicals into children's eyes
-Random amputations of limbs and other surgeries; many without administering anaesthesia
-Sterilization and shock treatments
-Supervised an operation by which two Romani children were sewn together to create conjoined twins

That's all mild compared to experimenting on rodents....

Deny _______ ? (the motto of this site needs to be enforced)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

No I'm not religeous.

...and this is all sick.

Yeah he only did stuff like:
-Attempt to change eye colours by injecting chemicals into children's eyes
-Random amputations of limbs and other surgeries; many without administering anaesthesia
-Sterilization and shock treatments
-Supervised an operation by which two Romani children were sewn together to create conjoined twins

That's all mild compared to experimenting on rodents....

Deny _______ ? (the motto of this site needs to be enforced)

Not rodents. They have fully human brains. That makes them humans trapped in the body of a rodent. What's worse, this human being is severely mentally handicapped because this human's brain has not been allowed to develop normally. Finally, these tortured miserable souls are all CHILDREN...destined for medical experimentation, who will be murdered if they show any human behavior.

Dr. Mengele was an amateur next to these evil people.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I certainly don't believe that. What I do believe is that humans are destroying the earth and many of its life forms. Why does a simple life based on agriculture, art, and community no longer satisfy you?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by Burgo

Cruelty to my animal brethren pisses me right off, why the hell would you do this evil on innocent creatures??

Because those doing it and approving of it would sooner see peadophiles and rapists etc let out of jail, I say test on those scum ....... EVIL
What in the hell do pedophilies have to do with topic? Fearmonger rhetoric much?

a lot to do with it, im against animal research to save humans, test on rapists etc but buttholes would protect them and support cruelty to animals ... understand now
edit on 25-3-2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

And has anyone ever considered why animals have no rights in our world? Could it be because THEY DON'T VOTE?

Animals shouldn't have as much rights as humans. We are the dominate species on this planet therefore we rule of the animals. Understand we are now their overlords Mwuahahah !

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by streetcleaner

I totally agree with you street cleaner we need to be worrying about our fellow humans more so than the animals. Humans first animals second. Its the pecking order

We will test on animals so we don't ever have to perform such cruel tests on humans, which have been done in the past for medical progress. Let the organ farming begin!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I certainly don't believe that. What I do believe is that humans are destroying the earth and many of its life forms. Why does a simple life based on agriculture, art, and community no longer satisfy you?

I'd does not satisfy you any longer. Your on a computer.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm all for animal testing, but these may not exactly be animals now.
Read my above posts.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451

I'm in agreement.

With that said, I don't think I would turn down the opportunity to get a new heart or pancreas from one of these animals if my life depended on it. We kill and eat animals to live, what is the difference here besides it being unnatural?

They can't clean all of the blood out of any of these animals organs. So you and other members of your family could be looking at more a problem.
HIV/AIDS came about from people in Africa who were so hungry they ate those monkeys(green monkeys) I can't remember the exact name without looking it up. Those monkeys can live with that virus we can't.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie

Originally posted by intelinside451

I'm in agreement.

They can't clean all of the blood out of any of these animals organs. So you and other members of your family could be looking at more a problem.
HIV/AIDS came about from people in Africa who were so hungry they ate those monkeys(green monkeys) I can't remember the exact name without looking it up. Those monkeys can live with that virus we can't.

I heard they were doing "other" things to those poor monkeys.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by demongoat

Yeah, I claimed that and I will stick by it. It isn't impossible, its just its not mainstream. Think of Minotaurs, Centaurs, The Rat people, Medusa, Angels(could be humans with wings or based on Human DNA) Werewolves and the list goes on.

the genetics that would produce intelligence are a huge hurdle for science, i will retract impossible to impossible at this time. who knows in 200 years? but we might turn into beams of light or some such nonsense like some people believe on here in 200 years.
the experiments are after all to find out more about the brain, but to claim it makes them human is as i said like claiming a glow in the dark rabbit is a sea anemone because it has that gene to glow

as for your claim about mythology? dude please learn something about genetics, just basic genetics.
the complexity needed to produce a winged human wouldn't work, he wouldn't be able to fly heck i doubt the lifeform would live very long, who knows what genetic juggling you would have to do.

A few years ago anything in this thread was impossible by mainstream standards, How do you know it isn't possible now?

i think everyone needs to read the science and not some pop-sci paper to better understand this, also i'd say it is not possible now, because there isn't evidence for it.

You a scientist like the Mod was?

no, a layman who reads a lot about it, and debates it a lot.
i know a few geneticists and molecular biologists though!
as i said though, there is a lot more to intelligence than just genetics, make up matters.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by streetcleaner

Hitler and other people have had similar beliefs. Much has been done in the name of progress. Morals, principals & values are more important. We advance in technology while our humanity does not.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

In YOUR moderately informed opinion.

I love when highly unlikely opinions are presented as fact.

Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join