It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Three words:

RATS OF NIMH

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by doobydoll

I am weeping over this.

Crap on humans - we are the bottom creatures on this planet.

And all we do is abuse our fellow humans, including babies, and we abuse every other life form on this planet.

I am continuing to cry and cry.

Can someone please drag me up from here?

I hear ya my friend

Humans are the only creatures on this planet who inflict misery, pain and torture on other living creatures - and knowingly.

Just because an animal is not able to speak and say 'no', does not make it's little life any less important than ours.

A life is still a life, no matter how it may look, sound or behave.

We as humans know the difference between right and wrong, and as such, I believe we have a responsibility to embrace ALL life, and protect it.

Until we do, we cannot describe ourselves as 'civilized'.
edit on 24-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by doobydoll because: punctuation and grammar

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by superwurzel666
What really surprises me is that we still need to harvest so many bodily organs at all, whether from cadavers or from animals. I'm surprised that by now a lot of human organs cannot be made artificially and reasonably cheaply, since what the majority of the organs do is relatively straightforward. They're only so complex because they have had to slowly evolve and grow naturally, but I'm pretty sure that with today's technology many of them could be made synthetically. After all, they seem to be able to build lots of little gadgets these days for just about everything else.

I'm sorry but your comment does not really help us on this topic if you mean artificial and cheap. That isn't going to help much compared to biological enhancement because when u have artificial organs u have to take a bunch of meds so your body doesn't attack the artificial organs! (and the meds really mess you up). Biological is the way to go.

And you said artificially and reasonable cheaply..... uhhh do you think thats gonna happen with todays Economy?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

You are Extremely wrong when you step on ants or other little critters all the time and in your sense its morally wrong to kill any living creature but we are killing them all the time unknowingly. I'm sorry but the universe is a cruel place. SURVIVAL of the FITTEST.

- Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so -Shakespeare

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

When you consider how much they spend every month for CERN to not find the "God Particle", I suspect that the economic aspect may be a little overrated, at least in some countries. As to rejection, sure, you make a good point, but again, better research may help to overcome that. I feel also that it depends on which organs and what kind of materials are used. I have a neighbour here who used to be a fireman until a gas cannister exploded in his face. Looks fine, but half his head, face and some bits in his throat are made out of various artificial substances, and yet he doesn't need to take any medication anymore, only occasional painkillers. With better research into nano-technology, it may eventually be possible for the synthetic to work in co-operation with the organic side. However, I am not in any way an expert on medicine or anatomy, so I may very well be talking cobblers without knowing it!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

SURVIVAL of the FITTEST

That's very true. But unfortunately, we tend to only use that saying when it suits us, else we wouldn't be continuing to keep the weaker of our lot, would we.
Not forgetting we collectively see ourselves as "above" nature and no longer animals of her design.

Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so -Shakespeare

A good quote and from a great man.
Unfortunately, it doesn't help the case for, as, yes it's true 'good' and 'bad' are but man made ideals, but now we have evolved our [cognative] abilities to the point we consider ourselves gods, we therefore must also have a responsibility towards other lifeforms apart from our own, unless we only wish to become manevolent, destructive users/abusers.

Just look at Easter Island - the old inhabitants abused all their resources and now look at them - extinct...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

You are right we must preserve the animal life on this earth because they are a very valuable biological asset for many thing and aspects of science.

But i feel strongly against testing on humans i think the priority should be testing on animals not humans. I am not religious.

We may need to enforce somethings though to lower the suffering of animals. For our moral self-conscious

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by superwurzel666

You are mostly likely describing external parts that this man had on his body? I mean't internal implants .. I'm positive you need to take medicine so your body doesn't attack them if you have artificial implants its just how it works.. unless they created some Biological/Artifical one i don't know about. Or your talking about pig hearts...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this question has been posed already. I am now just joining this discussion and 10 pages of posts is quite a lot in one read. However...

First of all, I am all for stem cell research, because I believe it will GREATLY benefit us in the future.

Now, my question is.. if we WERE to continue giving animals our organs and what-not, is it not considered cannibalism if we are to eat that animal? - - And if it IS considered such, what implications would this have on human health?

-Mike
edit on 24-3-2011 by HiMyNameIsMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

You say I am wrong, but I know I am right.
A quote from the very eloquent Mark Twain:

I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't.... The pain which it inflicts upon unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further. ~Mark Twain

www.quotegarden.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Of course. I'm not arguing against what you're saying because much of what i proposed ISN'T currently possible, and THAT is what surprises me, given how far we have advanced technologically in so many other spheres. I can only conclude, limited as my knowledge is, that at least a part of the reason why is a lack of commitment for funding on the part of various governments over the past 40 or so years. I guess building bigger, better nukes was far more important at the time. Such a shame though, because I'm sure that with more commitment into this field of research, so much progress could already have been made.

By the way, my neighbour had his jawbone, cheekbones, forehead and part of his windpipe replaced, but he also had a lot of skin grafts and stuff, so unless you actually know, you wouldn't know it. He looks totally fine, although he does tend to set of store alarms!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Of course. I'm not arguing against what you're saying because much of what i proposed ISN'T currently possible, and THAT is what surprises me, given how far we have advanced technologically in so many other spheres. I can only conclude, limited as my knowledge is, that at least a part of the reason why is a lack of commitment for funding on the part of various governments over the past 40 or so years. I guess building bigger, better nukes was far more important at the time. Such a shame though, because I'm sure that with more commitment into this field of research, so much progress could already have been made.

By the way, my neighbour had his jawbone, cheekbones, forehead and part of his windpipe replaced, but he also had a lot of skin grafts and stuff, so unless you actually know, you wouldn't know it. He looks totally fine, although he does tend to set of store alarms!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Just because an animal is not able to speak and say 'no', does not make it's little life any less important than ours.

A life is still a life, no matter how it may look, sound or behave.

We as humans know the difference between right and wrong, and as such, I believe we have a responsibility to embrace ALL life, and protect it.

Until we do, we cannot describe ourselves as 'civilized'.
edit on 24-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by doobydoll because: punctuation and grammar

What about viruses?
Would you allow yourself to die or would you be a hypocrite and attempt to murder the living entity that is a virus to save your own life?
Just interested to know if you draw the line anywhere?
edit on 24-3-2011 by BrianDamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This is what killed atlantis maaann..

There's my contribution.

Anyways, look into the little stories behind that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by Skate
This is in the wrong Forum...
Goats with Human Heads don't belong on a "Fragile Earth"...

Who cares, are you a mod? You replied just to say that? Your snooty comments are getting old.
Deebo

Uh Oh! Here we go again! - Over the edge! Looks like the (CMEs) Coronal Mass Ejections are having a deleterious effect on our psyche! And what with the impending pole reversal, I shudder to think what's gonna happen next.

So, cool it guys. The world is gonna end and you'll need some good karma points!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

The government has been doing this since the 1950s; go research the Dulce Base in New Mexico or Los Alamos. Then take a look at the Dulce Papers that were smuggled out of there and you be the judge of what you see. Always seems to go in 50 to 60 year cycles where TPTB decide to release information or technology that they have held onto.

www.thewatcherfiles.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There are no natural laws beyond 'There is life' and 'There is death'. We will either continue or we will end. We may or may not be able to effect which will be reality, but if we don't try then our end is the only possible outcome (unless there is a purposeful outside intervention).

Basically we do what we have to in order to survive as a species, or we become extinct.

I'm not say we need to be reckless, but we do need to follow through.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I would name and shame him, but I don't think that I'm as high and mighty as him. He actually told me that it was tripe and ridiculous, Man I hope he is reading this thread while scraping egg from his face.

I have a really cool story, that I learnt from a source that has to remain anonymous, and I will post it again with relevant links and evidences, I just hope he can control his ego this time to let people discuss it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh hell, here we come again. It's no longer safe to be out walk'in around at night anymore. This stuff is only gonna get worse. The Minataur, Medusa, Centaurs. As it was, so shall it be again.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join