It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Many things are annoying my friend. Heterosexuals as well don't see gays making threads do you? The person who started this thread hasn't even been commenting as much as others me thinks he wants stars and flags

It may have started innocent but when he made it i'm sure he knew where it would head...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by Helious

ah yes another gay bashing post. can you just be quite about your sexuality or your religious beliefs . who are you to say what is right and wrong in the world. you can't even prove that your god is real if he was real wouldn't he smite the gays in the first place maybe god is gay

No, not a gay bashing post. I'm simply tired of hearing about gay rights on a daily basis for a very real reason. A sexual preference does not automatically entitle you to any rights. You are entitled civil rights for being a human being, you are entitled rights if you live in America under the Constitution. What you are not entitled is any further rights based on your own sexual preference, I am sorry, your just not.

Don't mistake this thread for gay bashing, it is not, I have absolutely no problem with anyone being gay, being with the partner of there choice in public or doing anything that a man and a women would be deemed "ok" to do.
And yes, sloppy guys and girls making out at the bar draw the...... Hey, get a freekin room comments too so it's not just same sex, that kind of behavior just is largely not acceptable anyway.

This thread is about realizing that you by being gay which is only a sexual preference are not guaranteed any further rights than that of your civil rights. Marriage as I have said is a religious union based on Christian faith which does not allow for same sex unions. The state only recognizes that faith and ritual and while they have included it in tax law they have no authority to alter that religious union.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I dont feel like reading 21 pages of this BS so ill just say my peace and be done with it.

The OP of this thread is a straight up ignorant bigot. You may have gay friends, but would you actually share with them this thread and what you REALLY think about them? Gay people have rights, and they are being denied their civil rights in the United States of America right now. How dare you post a thread like this. You seriously are ignorant. Gay is not a choice.

My husband and I are very good friends with a gay couple. And they are the most unassuming gay men I have ever met in my entire life. They are some of the greatest people on this planet. One of them, has yet to come out to his bible thumping family for fear of persecution. It is one of the saddest experiences one could ever live though- having to hide who you really are.

im done - this thread just pisses me off

Agreed, why is a posting like this even on this website? I'm done as well

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Where are you hearing about it other than your tv friend? Do gay people run up to you everyday and tell you how being gay is awesome? If you don't like hearing about why did you make a thread where you know they will voice their opinion?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I dont feel like reading 21 pages of this BS so ill just say my peace and be done with it.

The OP of this thread is a straight up ignorant bigot. You may have gay friends, but would you actually share with them this thread and what you REALLY think about them? Gay people have rights, and they are being denied their civil rights in the United States of America right now. How dare you post a thread like this. You seriously are ignorant. Gay is not a choice.
Is there any proof of this? Just wondering because my personal experience would say it's a choice. As I've known wishy washy gay and heterosexuals who have changed at some point in their lives

My husband and I are very good friends with a gay couple. And they are the most unassuming gay men I have ever met in my entire life. They are some of the greatest people on this planet. One of them, has yet to come out to his bible thumping family for fear of persecution. It is one of the saddest experiences one could ever live though- having to hide who you really are.

Everyone has sad experiences.. Enough of the woes me bull. I was adopted after being an orphan to have my adopted mother die of cancer and be all alone int he world without a pot to piss in. My point is I got over it and went on with life and you people need to stop using BIGOT as an excuse for your personal misery! Many gay rights people I'm finding have a problem with shouting insults at religious people as well as conservatives.

That's counterproductive to expecting anyone to listen to your cause.
edit on 23-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
With ALL that is going on in the world, THIS is on the FRONT page of ATS?
Who cares about THIS topic when RADIATION is leaking out of JAPAN, and Lybia could start a massive war?
There are SO many more topics that deserve our attention instead of silly threads like this. Homosexual or Straight... I don't care, people are DYING.

Wow.

Just wow.
:shk:

link   
Perhaps this topic is about how special interest groups are annoying.....I agree

I'd hate a gay reverend Al Sharpton type...

Or a Gloria Allred type....

or any other big-mouth who ignores common sense to push their personal agenda....

constantly yelling about crap that literally affects nobody...but gets tons of press.

maybe this isn't a "gay" thread......so to speak.

link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Ignorance is bliss to those that bash the bible yet do not read nor understand.

Same thing for gays.

link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

more people are waking up to the difference and are getting a little tired of having civil rights shoved down their throats as if it some sacred cow

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline

Many things are annoying my friend. Heterosexuals as well don't see gays making threads do you? The person who started this thread hasn't even been commenting as much as others me thinks he wants stars and flags

It may have started innocent but when he made it i'm sure he knew where it would head...

That is why I highlighted the words "like everyone else" in red.

When you say "Many things are annoying", that is exactly what the premise of this thread is about. It is annoying, gay straight, bi, beastiality...etc. when it's flaunted in your face. I would say it's better to at least put this convo. out on the table and let people vent their feelings (as long as it follows T&C) rather than let it fester and eat away at people.

link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

Yet I know the rules are to hard as you can not do what you want by the law of God and that is why it is easy for you to discredit the existence of Him base upon a life style choice.

To the un-godly Morals are not absolute but at the whim of the fleshly desires.

Actually, His Noodliness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the ultimate truth in the universe. FSM says that gays are cool, since they, like all humans have been touched by his noodly appendage. You see he personally appeared to a follower in an image on a grilled cheese sandwich, and spoke this to be the truth. We know this to be true, for FSM speaks of only of truth and is himself, the universal truth.
All Hail the magnificent Flying Spaghetti Monster.

May you be forever touched by his noodly appendage.

link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Who cares about THIS topic when RADIATION is leaking out of JAPAN, and Lybia could start a massive war?
There are SO many more topics that deserve our attention instead of silly threads like this. Homosexual or Straight... I don't care, people are DYING.

Wow.

Just wow.

Yes, but are gay people dying? Thats why were here, to keep them from killing themselves for being so unhappy.

link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

numerous people have turned it into something else entirely or i would completely agree with you..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline

numerous people have turned it into something else entirely or i would completely agree with you..

Yeah, we can both agree on that. This thread has grown 10 sets of legs that are all trying to take it in their own direction.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

Unfortunately your post got removed before I could quote it. But with a name like "Balls Deep", It's no wonder.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by Helious

ah yes another gay bashing post. can you just be quite about your sexuality or your religious beliefs . who are you to say what is right and wrong in the world. you can't even prove that your god is real if he was real wouldn't he smite the gays in the first place maybe god is gay

No, not a gay bashing post. I'm simply tired of hearing about gay rights on a daily basis for a very real reason. A sexual preference does not automatically entitle you to any rights. You are entitled civil rights for being a human being, you are entitled rights if you live in America under the Constitution. What you are not entitled is any further rights based on your own sexual preference, I am sorry, your just not.

Don't mistake this thread for gay bashing, it is not, I have absolutely no problem with anyone being gay, being with the partner of there choice in public or doing anything that a man and a women would be deemed "ok" to do.
And yes, sloppy guys and girls making out at the bar draw the...... Hey, get a freekin room comments too so it's not just same sex, that kind of behavior just is largely not acceptable anyway.

This thread is about realizing that you by being gay which is only a sexual preference are not guaranteed any further rights than that of your civil rights. Marriage as I have said is a religious union based on Christian faith which does not allow for same sex unions. The state only recognizes that faith and ritual and while they have included it in tax law they have no authority to alter that religious union.

How many times must I point out that marriage is indeed religious BUT there are religions that says that homosexuality is OK, so why not? Also, marriage existed WAY BEFORE Christianity so why based the rules of marriage on that? It doesn't make sense to me that even if my religion is good with gays and allow gay marriage that the government still won't allow me.

link   

Originally posted by Drezden
Marriage affects hospital visits, employment benefits, military benefits, and as long as the federal government and states can decide which marriages are worth recognizing and which are not there is an inequality

Yes, that is the problem. Yet I've never heard a single gay person complain about that. All they want to seem to do is latch into the system and support it... they want the state to set special rights and privileges for favored people who get special tax benefits that nobody else can have. Its sickening and as Jean Paul on page 1 put it so well the very system is corrupted and it has nothing to do with gay rights and everything to do with wrongful favoritism that is created with the marriage licensing system. You should not have to get permission from the government to get married, period!

link   
I do have to agree with the OP on keeping sexual preference private. I'm only responding to all the religious people claiming that the gay community shouldn't be allowed to marry because you believe marriage is a religious union. If so then why do courts perform marriages? They aren't a church and the judge performing the ceremony isn't a priest so how is it a religious only bonding? I remember reading a long time ago that marriage went from being a religious thing to a legal union recognized by the STATE! I wish I could find where I read that at.

Personally, with the way religion has gone in this world I don't think anyone who screams religion has the right to say anything. How many priest have been found out to be molesters? Yet they believe they have the right to preach what they "think" their god thinks is right or not while they've got their hands down some poor child's pants?

I think gays should be allowed to marry and the religious idiots in this world just need to shut up! Love is a beautiful thing and neither I nor any of you have any right to judge or try to tell someone who or how they choose to love.

I feel more threatened by Christians than I do homosexuals.

Simon

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by kroms33

Wow.

Just wow.

Yes, but are gay people dying? Thats why were here, to keep them from killing themselves for being so unhappy.

Well said Phenomium, don't let the bullies get ya down!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join