It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Me again. You did'nt answer my last questions directly, you took the politicians way out and changed the subject, but thats ok. I will ask this instead - can you tell me how I should interpret this line taken from your signature - "I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."
As I read it on the one-hand he will punish his enemies and on the other he will reward those (enemies) that hate him. Your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

A few questions:

Why is the Bible such a horrid book?
Why is the Bible so inconsistent?
Why is the Bible irreconcilable with history and the natural world?
Why is the Bible internally contradictory both between books and within books?
Why is the Bible wrong about so many things?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Um...you're wrong. Jesus turned water into alcohol. It was a common practice to prefer the drinking of wine (mixed with water) to pure water for the sake of sanitation. Oinos, the Greek word used in John 2:10 refers to wine. Not to regular grape juice, just wine.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

This isn't in answer to this question, but an additional, related part to it.

Why does the new testament give two different "bloodlines" for Jesus' birth?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by KJV1611

Why do races of men not from the tribe of the Hebrews place importance on them? Wouldn't it be like a modern descendant of the Hebrews to follow a religion from the Cherokee tribe?

Races of men do this....because the God of the Bible puts importance on them.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet. Just read Exodus, Joshua, Judges, and the rest of the old testament for more examples! There endless.

So...you don't want bible-bashing...but Jew bashing is okay?

Not Jewish btw, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by KJV1611

Um...you're wrong. Jesus turned water into alcohol. It was a common practice to prefer the drinking of wine (mixed with water) to pure water for the sake of sanitation. Oinos, the Greek word used in John 2:10 refers to wine. Not to regular grape juice, just wine.

I can only support Madness on this. My first wife was a classical language college graduate and had a bachelor degree in christian theology, and she said the same.

It's not as if referring to 'authority' is conclusive, but at least it could provoke some questioning of divine and mundane omni-science.
edit on 21-3-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
I am very confused.
If God and Jesus are the same entity does this mean that Jesus is his own father????

You left out one. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

John 1:1-3
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Um, that still doesn't answer the poster's WENEEDAREVOLUITION's question.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
heres one i asked in a different thread but didnt get a reply, what did god do before he supposedly created us/everything?

Good question, bout time we got some deep ones!
Job 38:4-7
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the MORNING stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So before the world was here, there were "morning stars" who sang and "sons of God" who also shout for joy....

You can read more about these sons of God in Genesis chapter 6:1-5

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. "

This would be where most of the astronaut theory and Annikki stories come from.

So we can clearly see God had many creatures with him before he decided to make a creation that was "in his image".....the plot thickens.
GENESIS 1:26-27
"26 And God said, Let us make man in our IMAGE, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own IMAGE, in the IMAGE of God created he him; male and female created he them "

There are many things out in outer space than we can imagine. And one day we will see them, in the flesh.

This seems to be another non-answer, OP. So, I'll reiterate the question on behalf of 2012king:

What did GOD do before he supposedly created us/everything?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Well, I was kind enough to reference a Christian website and a Christian concordance of Greek for the word used. I can even provide the specific passage in classical Greek if need be...so no need to shirk away from the argument from authority.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
1)Why does god display anger if he is all powerful?
Anger in human beings usually stems from fear this would seem to imply that god is threatened by something and must act out in anger which does not seem to qualify him as all powerful if he is not even in control of his emotions.

2)If god is all loving all powerful and all merciful why in the old testaments does he rely on crude means to bring things to justice such as the flood to kill all people and life on earth with the exception of Noah and his family.
Or the plagues in exodus?
Would it not be easier to just dematerialize painlessly what ever it is that he does not like especially if he is a loving and merciful being?

3)Where does the idea that god is Love come from it sounds like double speak? Reading the bible it doesn't seem
that god loves much of any body or is really satisfied with anything. It would seem to be more accurate to say
god is fear, god is hate, or god is war it sounds silly to claim that god is love. I can't put love in the same context
with a being that likes to torture people like Job or thinks flooding the world is a good solution to a problem
or whose solution to sin is having his son executed in a horrendous fashion.

4)Is Jesus Yahweh incarnate or is he the son offspring of yahweh?

5)If god is the father and jesus is the son then who is the mother?

6)Why does god have a male gender?

7)Where is heaven located? In ancient days people would point up.
But in modern times astronomy and space exploration has shown that space is a vacuum filled with other stars
planets and asteroids but as of yet the Hubble telescope has not seen any winged angels or heavenly host just nebula's and other star systems.
In space their is no up and down up and down are only relative to planet earth.

these will do for now though I could come up with a ton more

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

Luke 3:23-32 (King James Version)
23And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

24Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,

25Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,

26Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,

27Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,

28Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,

29Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,

30Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,

31Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David

Heli was Joseph's father in law, Mary's father. Either way, Jesus was a descendant of David, through Mary and Joseph.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrCarter
I don't mean this as an attack I honestly am looking for a reason.

Where did the bible give permission for the church to kill anyone who would not convert, sometimes in very inhuman ways? Allow for manifest destiny?

"The church" you are refering to is the catholic church. This is not the church as found in the Holy Bible. You can find the catholic church in:

JEREMIAH 44:19
"And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?"

As well as Revelation 17 and 18. Read both chapters for perfect descriptions of Rome and her religion.

Catholics are not Christians. Christians are not catholics. They have different bibles, different saviors, a different ROCK (Deut 32:31) and very different ways to worship God. ore studies on Rome to come if you so wish.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
Following on from my previous question, if God/Jesus fathered himself then how can Jesus be 'of the line of David'?
I ask this because the bible clearly states that Joseph and NOT Mary was of the line of David and as Joseph did'nt father Jesus then Jesus cannot be descended from David and as such cannot be the messiah because he does'nt have the credentials according to the old testament prophesies. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Jesus was of the line of David which went back to Adam. Joeseph was from this line from which Jesus came, but he did not have to be "blood related" to Joseph. Not in the least. His blood was God's blood, and was sinless.

Now you say, how can he be of the line of David and not be blood related? Look at:

Matt 1:8-11
"8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: "

Verse 8 says "Joram begat Ozias" (spelled Uzziah in the OT) But Joram was Ozias great grandfather, not a direct generation link. Three kings were left out because of the sin (2 Chron 21:6, 22:2)

Verse 11 shows the same thing happening if you look it up. The case is, you do not have to be directly begotting through a unbroken bloodline to be part of Davids Kingly line. There are even adopted sons in this line that have no relation to Hebrews in the least! Examples are Rahab and Ruth, who was David great grandmother and was not even a Jew. She was a

Ruth 1:4 "And they took them wives of the women of Moab; the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other RUTH: and they dwelled there about ten years. " and:
Ruth 4:13-22
"So Boaz took RUTH, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the LORD, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.
15 And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
17 And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
18 Now these are the generations of Pharez: Pharez begat Hezron,
19 And Hezron begat Ram, and Ram begat Amminadab,
20 And Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon,
21 And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed,
22 And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David. "

In conclusion, a direct blood relation is not important any more than you adopting a son and giving him your last name. What matters is a messianic genealogical connection.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
My questions...

What are your qualifications as an expert that allows you to accurately answer questions relating to Christianity and the Bible?

How do you explain the obvious contradictions of the bible?

Easily answered. Mundane higher education degrees do not make or replace common sense and spiritual understanding. God giving wisdom after simply asking for it also helps.

JAMES 1:5
"If any of you lack WISDOM, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

What WILL qualify e to answer your questions will depend on what I say when questions are asked.

PROVERBS 2:6
"For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his MOUTH cometh knowledge and understanding."

And I never said I was an expert. I just said I would give Bible answers to Christian questions. If I don't know the answer, I'll say so. As for contradictions....sound like a question to me
Fire away!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This is just what the Bible says man, I can't add nor take away from it. I only relay what I have read in the Holy Bible.....since so many obviously have not...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoundrel

Very good reply. False teachings and cults have always been 90% truth, and 10% error (Zeitgeist for instance), give or take a few percents. Except maybe scientology, then its all just trash

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

This is just what the Bible says man, I can't add nor take away from it. I only relay what I have read in the Holy Bible.....since so many obviously have not...

Im not here to judge my friend, but what you type does reflect your beliefs...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why do humans resemble both physically and genetically other primates primarily apes?
Why do humans share characteristics with other mammals such as the production of milk for offspring warm blood
and hair?

If god wanted to demonstrate that he was without a doubt our creator would it not have been better for him to design
us with nothing in common with any animal species on the planet?

Perhaps if we had eyes in both the front and the back of our head and had six arms and were primarily made of silicon instead of carbon and we breathed nitrogen instead of oxygen then the case might be argued that their is no possible way that we could have any relationship to any of the animal species on this earth.
Maybe then we could believe that we were made from mud and dirt and god breathed life into us.

Another question why would god need to Breath? Does god have organs like lungs and require oxygen?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

God is a racist,
reply to post by KJV1611

I'm glad that you are being open an honest about this a lot of people tiptoe around issues like this but your just laying it out on the table.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join