It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Any info that you can give me would be a great help if you experienced this. If you KNOW for SURE. If you are unsure about it being thunder or a plane, then don't worry about it. I just want to worry about plotting the most unusual cases, like the video we saw from florida. Oh and the only reason i didn't plot that florida one yet was because i didn't know what town it happened.

But if you have experienced this, please tell me:

1. the exact location
2. the time it happened
3. how long it lasted
4. do your best to describe the sound, was it long and constant with no fade in/ fade out? was it pulsating or rhythmic? did the ground shake or vibrate the whole time?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
reply to post by ldyserenity

9:30am last Friday.
edit on 21-3-2011 by prolific because: am

I wondered if today going by the trajectory on the map, it looks like it should have gone over my area as it lines up or it may have gone westward? I don't know. I didn't hear the one in Flagler and nobody nowhere else did it seems to have been only in one area at that time, so I was wondering if anybody southward heard it today?

Actually no it did go too far west to pass over us. Man nothing freking cool ever happens in Hillsborough County

edit on 21-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: edit to fix .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I heard they can last up to 20 or more minutes which makes this even strangers, it cancels out allot of causes goin for that long and not moving around also mixed with flashes before the sound disappears.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wow !!! you know the appilatian mountains technicly start in louisianna and travel that whole path that you have marked with " the noise" !!! very cool maybe the appilations a cooking up something more than moonshine !!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Nice work Under Water, S&F...

Do we know for each case how long they lasted?

Well, i only posted a screen shot of the map, but on the map itself it does list the details for each event. I made it on my business google account which is why i didn't post a link to it. I need to redo it as a public map so everyone can have access to it. Or if someone else wants to get it started, be my guest!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well it was only covered by a few newspapers, and the 911 office was flooded with complaints about it

There's a video going around on this site that showed it occurring in Tallahassee too I think.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All I want to add is don't accept a 'theory' presented by 'the guberment'. It'll likely be false to give the public a suitable cause to cling onto, regardless of true or false, and be swept under the ground as some natural phenomenon. The same thing heard around the world? Come on, something's happening that we haven't experienced yet. I personally believe it's.. either a volcano or volcanoes waking up. The small ones have already woken up.. The bad boys seem to be getting there (Yellowstone).

Just don't accept some explanation that doesn't satisfy you but satisfies the masses. It'll be wrong no doubt to keep the 'fear' and 'panic' limited. And should it be what I think it to be, may each of us see ourselves as what we really are and to become in tune with ourselves rather then fear and panic like most, to have our higher selves watch over us.

KinKin and Earth's Pleiadian brother.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
wow !!! you know the appilatian mountains technicly start in louisianna and travel that whole path that you have marked with " the noise" !!! very cool maybe the appilations a cooking up something more than moonshine !!!

Geez I hope the appalachians don't contain a volcano!!!! Anybody know if they do? If it is weather related, I have seen this kind of thing on Discovery channel that leads to the eruption.

Not saying it is this, don't get me wrong I am probably (most likely) uninformed about these things, and I am no scientist! So don't flame me!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Is it possible that we can take the times and locations of these events, pull up some radar from weather reports of that day, and see if there is any HAARP signature at the same time these sounds were taking place?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
1. the exact location -- Pittsburgh, PA
2. the time it happened -- Late evening 8-9pm Monday March 7th
3. how long it lasted -- 5min
4. do your best to describe the sound, was it long and constant with no fade in/ fade out? was it pulsating or rhythmic? did the ground shake or vibrate the whole time? -- the sound came out of nowhere & it sounded like a huge airplane was directly over-head. It was cloudy, but I couldn't see anything (lights, etc) overhead. It was a strange enough sound to make me look out my window to see what was making it. I've lived in the same general area for almost 30 years and this was the second time in only the past few months that I have heard this sound.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Nice work Under Water, S&F...

Do we know for each case how long they lasted?

Well, i only posted a screen shot of the map, but on the map itself it does list the details for each event. I made it on my business google account which is why i didn't post a link to it. I need to redo it as a public map so everyone can have access to it. Or if someone else wants to get it started, be my guest!

OK, you can count me in, I will help you to try to obtain more precisions on each case.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Im surprised you haven't put this one on your map...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!!!

Go read this article from 2002 about a Geologist who talks about a "northeast trending earthquake zone" that needs to be studied.

Geologist Offers New Theory Article

And take a look at the map listed in that article... and compare it to the one you've created.

Map

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here is one to post:

March 12, 2011
9am through 2pm on and off
rumbling noise from sky lasting up to 20 minutes at a time.
Location was Reinholds, PA

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!!!

Go read this article from 2002 about a Geologist who talks about a "northeast trending earthquake zone" that needs to be studied.

Geologist Offers New Theory Article

And take a look at the map listed in that article... and compare it to the one you've created.

Map

WHOA!!!!!!

Great find and addition UtahRosebud.

Has anybody else looked at this? That is CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely watching this thread very closely.

Peace.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Hessling because: Trying to put maps on post.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

Appalachian Mountains:
The Appalachians, about 1,500 miles in length, extend from central Alabama in the U.S. up through the New England states and the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Quebec.

Significant Appalachian ranges include:

The Cumberland Mts. in Tennessee
The Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia
The Alleghenies in Pennsylvania
The Catskills Mts. in New York
The Green Mts. in Vermont
The White Mts. of New Hampshire
The highest point is Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina at 6,684 ft (2,037 m)

So technically they dont start in LA.. that is considered the Coastal Plain

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I doubt it's Yellowstone. If you could hear it all the way on the east coast that would be something. I've heard and felt unexplained rumbling in Arizona myself, and still don't know what it is, except that I am certain it is not air traffic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join