It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaking, there is a fault line that runs up the east coast. Here in VA, there was a minor quake that struck several years ago which was enough to make the ground shake and asphault crack.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
That map looks almost exactly the same as the one where the compasses are off. I'm sure someone in all these pages already said this. Just wanted to add my vote.

Now there is an interesting observation that should be cross referenced.

Good catch.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Isn't there a fault line that runs up the east coast?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Crown Point, Indiana-My friend asked me if I heard a load roar multiple times day and night.
Winfield, Indiana-I woke up the night of the big earthquake and woke up my wife and asked her what the "F" is that noise? It was around 12:30 A.M. C.D.T. (the first time I heard it).
Now everyone I ask have heard it, it lasts for minutes, it is never a "quick" rumble. It sounds like a train somewhere down the street but you can't explain exactly where.

Just for thought, could it be that the moon being as close as it is puts a great stress on the planet and creates voids which become vacuums and suck air in to these voids?
The video from the people that thought it was a tornado you can hear the wind pick up-kind of makes sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonfly7

Isn't there a fault line that runs up the east coast?

New Madrid fault is quite inland, and (fortunately) smaller than the diagonal depicted on the thread, but it fits, at least a segment.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Has anyone looked at the Live Seismic site this morning...?
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
Don't know if this info will help the mapping process but I thought it was pretty interesting.
Planetquake anyone?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalemsLot
Has anyone looked at the Live Seismic site this morning...?
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
Don't know if this info will help the mapping process but I thought it was pretty interesting.
Planetquake anyone?

Now that was scary. A worldwide quake that was so vast that even thought the earth moved, we hardly felt it. Something is moving around within the Earth and banging on the walls. Maybe the Earths core is turning the wrong way.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunkmunky
In light of the number of member replies reporting the noise significantly out-weighing the number of actual recordings, I remain rather skeptical.

With all due respect, without audio-visual recordings as substantiating evidence, this map could essentialyl be locating a pattern of bovine stoolers.

Yup, I agree. I quit.
I just don't have the time to keep up with something like this. It started out serious, but now people want me to add every silly little noise they hear. And I'm tired of the whining about other countries not being included. They are included. If anyone wants to keep the map updated, or wants to sift through it and redo it, be my guest. I quit.
Here is the map. Feel free to take over for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oh, NO! I just listenend to some of the sounds from different sites.
Last time I heard a sound like this, was when i woke up on the maldives
26. Dec. 2004 I could not explain the sound, my only explanation was they turned on the generator and all washing machines at the same time to clean up the xmess dinner.

2hours late i got swapt away with my group of divers in the tsunami. We all survived, the memory lasts.

So this sounds like an earthquake rumbling.
So I checked the earthquake map:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Click in countries to zoom, click on the locations for details.
You ll see more than 10 earthquakes in the last 7 days, all of them magnitude 5 and higher.

This looks bad.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Will do it, but I will post again your previous statements, for everyone to be clear:

Any info that you can give me would be a great help if you experienced this. If you KNOW for SURE. If you are unsure about it being thunder or a plane, then don't worry about it. I just want to worry about plotting the most unusual cases, like the video we saw from florida.

What I need is:
1. the exact location
2. the time it happened
3. how long it lasted
4. do your best to describe the sound, was it long and constant with no fade in/ fade out? was it pulsating or rhythmic? did the ground shake or vibrate the whole time?

edit on 22-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay guys, I normally don't do this, but if I can save lives I will give this info out. Here it is, my heart is racing. The other day I received this info and I didn't know what to make of it, until I saw this post. Below are two links that may explain the rumbling. God I hope I'm wrong!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
there is no fault line there.

I think its a new type of skunk works scram jet engine

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by barrelhead

You may want to check your links, neither one of them work, both say page not found.
2nd

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The thread title is wrong. This ain't a "world map", this is a US map.

Any kid with a 4th grade-level in geography would notice that, why do most posters here didn't? I am shocked.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Okay here is the link in you tube. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sorry here is the other link. alligatorfarm.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
once up on a time all the continents was one, and it was made in to, by plate tectonic, many video.yahoo.com... and it has not stopped earthquake.usgs.gov... just like an egg shell the land has week spots, fault lines some big some small and some yet to be seen by the pros, some new ones, new Madrid is a lot bigger than they think it is, and this is what you are hearing , the fracking of the crust , the ripping of the fault as it is being born if you will from main don to the tip of Florida and beyond this map www.rumormillnews.com... only shows the known fault line.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sound Heard: Tuesday, March 22
Time: Noon
Type: Sounds like there is a big jet flying west of my house. The sound seems a combination of a tornado and a jet. It's like a jet sound, but there is more "whoooosh" to it, like something being sucked in. It sounds as if it is traveling across or over---making progress--as a jet does when it flies over your house. The thing is that five or ten minutes later, the sound is still there and you realize that it isn't a jet. I am going to try to tape record it.

I noticed this sound a while ago and what's weird is that I signed onto ATS a while later, and there was this post! Not sure if it is related or not.

We have a small military base around here and I am used to hearing Air Force jets flying over occasionally (most of the base was moved a few years ago) so I know what that sounds like. This is a weird rumbling/jet/tornado sound that is making my dogs bark and is sort of inexplainable and eerie. This is not an airplane. It doesn't vary or change location. It is just there.

Weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I heard what sounded to be like rumbling thunder last night around 3 am central time here in Minnesota. I thought at first it was thunder but it kept going and going. It calmed down and I fell back asleep. Anybody in Minnesota here anything?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This thread needs to be closed immediately by the MODS.

The OP falsely led people into believing he was going to plot a map of the strange noise heard around the globe.

He has now decided 15 pages in that he is not going to bother anymore.

I believe this was done deliberately to confuse people and make people think that all the data was being gathered and plotted. This was to prevent someone else gathering the information and displaying it to us all.

I can't help feeling that the OP could be a disinfo agent and opened this thread to make us think the info was being properly analysed.

MODS the OP has stated he is not continuing. Please close this thread urgently.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join