It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for putting all this together Slayer. Great job!

I have been sold on the spiral ramp theory for a few years now, it definitely makes the most sense. Also there is evidence of earlier 'failed attempts' at the spiral ramp construction method. I can't remember the name of the earlier pyramid so can't link it, sorry.

Maybe you know what I am referring to?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well researched thread SLAYER69
, I enjoyed the commentary and video clips, nice presentation and an easy to follow hypothesis. I still need some convincing that external influence did not assist with the build of the great pryamid but it does demonstrate some of the iconography relationships so you have swayed my opinion on that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why is it that some people are so interested in these things? I too have spent an inordinate amount researching pyramids. Curiously to note, every culture with a written language has made a pyramid of some sorts, no two designs the same, and supposedly with no cross-cultural contact. The desire to build a stone structure is a prevalent theme in our history. Some are definitively observatories, sacrificial sites, or tombs, but the question always remains as to why. I'll leave out alien assistance as well, and say that human ingenuity is enough to explain that they were built, but why go to such painstaking efforts to accomplish what is basically overkill, unless they are functioning on some pre-programmed instructions. There is a lot of pre-history lost, and that leads me to wonder how much our ancient ancestors actually knew before some catastrophic event wiped them out? Were these monuments left to warn future generations of another impending catastrophe? Or simply to say, hey, we were here, we did this, we know how to do it, so we did.

Too many unanswered questions. In order to get all the celestial alignments right, they had to be geniuses will crude tools. They had to be expert masons. They had to have written it down somewhere, I would think.

Just because we have modern cranes and tools and equipment, and we look at those structures, and say, OMG, impossible to do, moderns cranes can't even lift that much weight, we may be losing sight of the ingenuity of our ancestors, and perhaps wonder what they knew that we don't.

(Slayer, still waiting on part three, of a different thread. Has it gone up yet?)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Great post. I have one problem thou. We have found no evidence for ramps or even PULLEYS in Egypt, also the fact that the great pyramid took 20 years to build.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by Danbones
no aliens?
whos the great big giant guy in the above hyro?
one of the giant aliens they keep on about, or a statue of one of the giant aliens?
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

could be the pharoe...drawn larger than the slaves to show his power and leadership over everyone else.

People that worked on the pyramids have been proven to NOT be slaves, it was just people building something they wanted to build as a group.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

Well ...I would beg to differ as in my eyes we are all slaves ....we are slaves to the creator...we are slaves to this planet.....not saying it was capitalism....but it could be that these people were slaves to the very gods that created the pyramids....we do not have any conclusive evidence on the actual purpose of the pyramids....just because the Pharohs claimed them as their own....it does not mean the the Pharohs themselves were the creators but they may have been the occupiers of these.....also there are pyramid type structures all over the worlrd...and just because objects can be carbon dated we do not know when said objects were place in these structures it could be thousands of years ater their construction.
If we knew the actual purpose for these objects it would certainly go a long ways to answering some questions as to when and why they were built.
It we look to them as machines with a purpose then it might show that they had an alterior purpose .....the great pyramids apparently in their day had a smooth limestone finish and possibly a gold capstone....but is this true....no one really knows.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Quality work my friend

I found the Djed particularly interesting - the backbone of Osiris was possibly a turnstile that allowed the movement of great blocks of stone? Form follows function as you say.
Not knowing the layout of the various galleries and tunnels my one thought was whether it would have been possible to raise blocks from inside using water to flood various galleries and to float the blocks upward or to alternately have used sand as a counterweight since it could have been easily moved.
Stay curious!
S+F+Applause for you,

~Asktheanimals

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Also all this article is trying to prove is that humans got dumber ?

So thousands of years ago we could built pyramids with super basic tools, but as things evolved and we got better, it seems it took longer for us to create great structures of art ?
en.wikipedia.org...
This building took 30 years to complete and doesn't even compare to the great pyramid.

So either humans de-evolved over the years , or we don't know the whole story.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm really interested in this and you've clearly put a lot of time and effort into making this thread. Star and flag for this thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Excellent research and thread Slayer! What I can't understand is how they ever got to that level of math and engineering to utilize these concepts. How do you make that massive leap from primitive tribes to creating such wonders, such as the pyramids?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting. But the math, the math still just does not add up.

How far away was the rock?

How was it cut so precisely?

How was it moved to the construction site?

Where could you get the sustenance to feed the army of workers constantly for xxx years?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes humans built the pyramids...but it was under alien influence.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by goobersnooch
Yes humans built the pyramids...but it was under alien influence.

We have proof of the human part of that equation.
Nothing on the alien side yet

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
E.T's are really good leaving evidence behind to make it look like the Egyptians really did made it by their selves.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sorry dont believe that for a minute...even a second even zillionth of a second sorry
see proof of advanced alien tech here.
www.atara.net...
www.1minpages.com...
www.1minpages.com...

edit on 20-3-2011 by NorkiSpaceDuck because: spelling extra content

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

Thanks for the links.
Interesting theory.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

An astounding level of work went into this compilation of materials.

I just have to say for those naysayers who do not know how the pyramids were built, this was taught during school when I was growing up as a part of history, it seems throughout the decades that un-teaching society this was a part of the Education Systems.

Not to mention my insatiable appetite to learn.

Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece were my favorites followed by Ancient Egypt.

Math, levers and fulcrums, and the block and tackle with ropes and pulleys have been used since the dawn of mankind.

The biggest need, beside blocks, was slaves for the Egyptians to use, abuse, and misuse.

They had this in abudnance as did many other countries throughout history.

A part and parcel of warfare was capturing the opposing armies and selling them into slavery.

Or using them for the conquering country's slave labor.

One example, albeit not necessarily in the context of building the pyramids, was Pharoah and Moses.

Moses would never have had the exodus of the Hebrew nation unless they were in Egypt against their will.

The Hebrew's were known for their brick-building capabilities.

Again, slightly off of the pyramid aspect, but no less important because of the precedent of slavery.

Throughout the ages many cultures used slave labor to build their cities, roads, and other duties.

During Rome's time the soldiers built roads when not at war and were paid for their labor with salt.

I have no doubt, SLAYER69, you illustrated a lot of facts, and aliens had nothing to do with it.

Mathematics, levers, fulcrums, pulleys, ropes, and slave labor built those pyramids as tombs.

Tombs to petty, vain, spiteful, and hateful individuals who often tore momuments down to build their own.

Again, an amazing amount of information, a wealth of it in fact, nothing I however did not already know.

Kudos though for bringing a civilized discussion where too few tread.

I remember a few years back discussing this with someone on ATS and they denied everything I had to say.

It seems ignorance is taught more in schools than actual facts though nowadays.
edit on 3/20/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Than you.

I post a thread stating humans did it and here is how. Others will post some links to some rather bizarre theories yet provide no physical evidence.

So it goes.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
good stuff....however. the precision the pyramids were built is proof alone that humans didnt do this. we couldnt build those pyramids with the same precision and labor even in modern day technology...

edit (to post above mine): about scool and teachings. no school that ive ever heard of tells us ANYTHING about aliens. not even astronomy. so when you say that "i learned how the pyramids were built in school" thats completely irrelevant. you should know this..
edit on 20-3-2011 by HispanicPanic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
While I commend the effort of this thread and how well thought out it is, however I believe this doesn't prove WHO built the pyramids. It is easy to take the pyramids and come up with imaginative theories on how they were built. It doesn't mean or prove that that's how they were built.

If one is to believe that the Egyptians built the pyramids, then there are many anomalies we must come to terms with and understand (I'll only tackle two here, this isn't Mr. Jones archaeology class):

1- The accepted progression of technology in human civilization is that as we move through time our technology, how we use technology, and the outcomes of it's use gradually if not rapidly improves. However, as with the case of the Egyptians, the best pyramids they supposedly built were at the very "DAWN" of their civilization. And, as their civilization grew and aged, the subsequent pyramids that were built are very sub par. Most of the post, GIZA pyramids, are already crumbling and coming down. It is an interesting anomaly that the Egyptians were very adept engineers at the very dawn of their civilization then digressed in ability even as their civilization grew in power and we very long lived.

2- The pyramids have very noticeable water erosion on the blocks under the facing stones (as well as the sphinx). This is an interesting problem, since there has been no significant rain on the Giza plateau since approx. 10,000 BCE, how did there become water erosion on the blocks of the pyramids? Either, the Egyptian civilization is more ancient than the Egyptologists claim or the Egyptians did not built the Giza pyramids.

These are just two examples of issues that are raised when discerning who built the pyramids. It is easy to imagine creative ways they could have been built, however this does not prove that it's true.

I am sorry for not providing links and references to my anomalies. I don't have much time as I have to get ready for work (maybe I can come back on my days off and add). Though, I am pretty sure anyone who has studied the pyramids can agree and that anyone with the urge to know can easily look it up faster than i can copy and paste...

This is a great thread OP cheers s$f

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join