It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Dave Masko, the latest purveyor of hoax UFO articles.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hello to everyone on the Aliens and UFOs forum.

After coming across this thread www.abovetopsecret.com..., I felt the need to name and shame someone who seems to be the latest in a long line of hoaxers who is seeking to generate attention through unverifiable UFO stories. The guys name is Dave Masko and he submits articles to www.huliq.com. I must point out that it seems anyone can submit to this site. It's a blog site not a news agency.

His latest 'article' must be the third that has received attention here on ATS but really takes the biscuit as he is using the tragedy in Japan to get people reading his drivel. Before I link to the article in question I'll outline the guy's tactics.

1) He creates a sensational headline

3) He makes some vague report that foreign news agencies and/or the web have been reporting UFOs.

2) He throws in some general quotes from a real person who has nothing to do with the headline he's created.

3) He links back to UFO documents that were released many years ago.

If you check out his claims about the news agencies you'll turn up a blank. Any reports on the web seem to be repeats of his article, or a couple of very flimsy UFO sitings, that do not amount to the sizeable event he's alluding to.

So here is part of Dave Masko's latest offering;

www.huliq.com...

UFO sightings over Japan predicted in secret British alien report files

BRAY’ POINT – Confirmed reports of UFOs “hovering” and thousands of “flashing lights” over the epicenter of Friday’s main earthquake in Japan – located off Miyagi Prefecture, about 230 miles northeast of Tokyo – and UFO’s spotted near Osaka and Yokohama, are predicted in the recent British government release of 8,500 pages of secret unidentified flying object (UFO) reports that point to 60 years of UFO sightings “during times of world crisis.”

Japan earthquake watched by UFOs, states sighting reports According to Japan’s Kyodo News Agency and other Japanese media, there’s been hundreds and upwards of “thousands of UFO sightings” over the country since Friday’s 8.9 magnitude earthquake. Also, video footage from the news channel NHK World English and personal videos show a UFO speeding with bright lights in the sky and then skimming over the Pacific near the quake zones in Japan. The UFO sighting videos have been show on regional TV and the Internet since Friday, with the world UFO community noting “strange light trails following the UFO’s over Japan.”

Moreover, a rare air defense video from Japan shows a new UFO flying over the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Regan early Monday morning, as the carrier and accompanying guided-missile cruiser and destroyer ships arrived off Japan’s coast to help with disaster response.

Here at Bray’s Point – a popular location for viewing UFOs by the local Oregon “watcher” group – there’s more or less calm along the stretch of coastline that was slammed on Friday with massive Tsunami waves. Famed UFO author and “watcher” Jacqueline Estrella and her daughter Marie surveyed the Bray’s Point beach on Sunday afternoon looking for the usual Japanese fishing floats and other debris that she said “is common after a major storm.”

“You look directly out across the Pacific and if you were traveling by, say any vast amount of speed, would find yourself in Japan because it directly across the sea from us. I told Marie that you wonder what our friends up in the sky are doing right now over there and here for that matter. It’s a wonder, and a great time to be alive if you believe,” Estrella added with a big grin. This story is number two in an occasional series of reports about what the secret British UFO files contain, and what new information these documents reveal.

Now there are a number of dishonest things about this article.

1) The title includes the words 'secret British alien report files '. - Well I'm sorry Dave but the British MOD have never released files about aliens have they? That would be pretty much game over in the disclosure stakes and us UFO nuts here on ATS would already have heard about it

2) With the words "'BRAY’ POINT – Confirmed reports of UFOs “hovering” and thousands of “flashing lights” over the epicenter of Friday’s main earthquake in Japan' " Dave is giving the impression that someone or some kind of agency at 'BRAY’ POINT (which we learn is in Oregon USA) has confirmed UFO sitings in Japan.

- this is obviously dishonest as Dave Masko goes on to quote someone called 'Jacqueline Estrella' from a local Oregon UFO group later in the article, who gives her opinion on what could happen. Hardly confirmed sitings is it Dave?

3) " According to Japan’s Kyodo News Agency and other Japanese media, there’s been hundreds and upwards of “thousands of UFO sightings” over the country "

- No there haven't , this is easily checkable. There are no reports at english.kyodonews.jp...

4) The fact that these Japanese UFOs were 'predicted' in British Alien UFO files......is not a fact, it is Dave Masko's opinion.

Here are a few snippets of Dave Masko's other UFO related articles/opinion pieces

www.huliq.com...

STONEFIELD BEACH, Oregon – This remote state park that touches the Pacific Ocean and the coastal rainforest is where, say local UFO experts, “aliens will show themselves.” In fact, the best time to have a “close encounter” with known UFO visitors is “when the Geminids arrives,” explains a local UFO hunter who asked not to be identified.

- So we have anonymous 'experts' here, nice

www.huliq.com...

UFO sightings spawn COMETA report, fear of world crisis

EUGENE, Ore. – Confirmed UFO sightings over Cairo and the port city of Suez in Egypt early Saturday morning comes at a time when the United Nations is reviewing the French government produced COMETA Report that states “about five percent of UFO sightings defy conventional explanation” and often occur at a time of world crisis; while, also stating that UFOs “constitute a real phenomenon warranting immediate international attention.”

- On this one he's linking recent UFO sightings in Egypt to a report that came out in the 1990's. The 'fear of world crisis' is purely a figment of Dave Maskos fertile imagination.

www.huliq.com...

McMINNVILLE, Ore. – Ask any member of Oregon’s UFO “watchers” group about how they choose members, and the answer is “we don’t choose them, we recognize them;” because those who believe are “chosen,” and those who don’t believe fear “possibly large-scale civil unrest culminating in a new world order,” adds a leading UFO expert.

- In this article Dave skilfully combines an Oregon UFO sighting dating to the 1950s, the Oregon UFO 'watchers' group' and the genuine UFO researcher Leslie Kean. He does a good job of trying to make it look like Kean has commented on what was said by the Oregon UFO group.

www.huliq.com... en-contact

BRAY'S POINT – It’s said that at Bray’s Point – a UFO sighting location for “watchers” and the furtherst place West along the Oregon coast – to “look North by Northwest to far off Eastern Siberia” that, according to recently released British government secret UFO files, is reported to have possible alien encampments in its deep forests; meanwhile two top UFO experts state that 2011 is it for alien contact.
U.K. UFO report creates a lot of worldwide interest

Last week’s release of 8,500 pages of secret British unidentified flying object (UFO) reports are growing in both size and number with keen interest by world authorities. At the same time, the fascination with Charlie Sheen is tempered by serious questions regarding this hoard of valuable UFO sighting and alien contact information that’s been kept under lock and key for more than 60 years.

- This one is actually Dave's most entertaining article I feel. He manages to get Charlie sheen in there along with his oregon watchers group and stale UFO documents.

unfortunately with his garbled sentences that make no gramatical sense it seems like Dave was having a Charlie Sheen moment when he wrote this one!

So you may feel I've been a little unkind in unpicking Dave Maskos entertaining articles but I feel that the latest article that exploits the Japanese disaster just highlights the dishonesty and motives of this man. I probably would have left him alone if he just continued to write his entertaining stories, without trying to exploit the Japanese situation.

All in all I think it's safe to say that obfuscation is the name of Dave Masko's game. I think we can conclude that his articles should not be considered a genuine source at all here on ATS.

edit on 18-3-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: spellingz

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
To many hoaxers out there. Let's weed them out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

That's the idea. If you're going to write fiction at least be honest and present it as that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Well done good sir! We need more people willing to take the time to dig, instead of people whining that it's real don't bother to investigate, don't shoot the messenger, etc etc.

But you've gone way beyond blasting this guys credibility to tatters, you've also written a wonderful summary of the UFO hoax tactic. Of course the current trend uses youtube released videos as well, but the tactics usually remain the same.

Actually, this goes beyond UFO hoaxers and right into disinformation as well as it's the same tactic, vague links to reputable sources that if checked, reveal no relation to the article using them. Infowars is a perfect example of this as most people only check IF there are sources, they rarely check the sources themselves.

This thread should be read by many, including some of the thread creators for the Japan crisis as they have unintentionally done the same thing in some cases.

I wish i could give you more than 1 star sir!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Well thanks for your one star!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. People need to be educated on clowns like this. The worst part is a lot of people would actually believe this guy anyway...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the tread op!

Can I ask you a favor and write a similar one concerning a kid and a blow up alien doll that keeps coming to visit him in the backyard of his house?

Blow up alien doll
edit on 18-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't know, this is all nice but does not really proove that all of his stories are false.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

And your response is nice and all, but doesn't actually prove you posted. See what I did there?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
I don't know, this is all nice but does not really proove that all of his stories are false.

Well I've demonstrated that none of his headlines or sensational claims are verifiable in any way, that makes them purely stories and false ones at that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
lol post a host alien story same site he does, say that you seen thousands of him on a ship or somet

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Good work! Thanks for the effort.

Like another post said I'm sure his stuff will still pop up. Because of you we can link em right to this thread!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
great thread man, f@ck hoaxers and dis-info agents alike. What urkes me about hoaxers is the fact that we guilty enough have the same intentions as they do, we want to "believe" and after years and years of typical ats threads (not bashing the site just using as a reference for countless threads about hoaxes, random you tube vids, and slow shutter star images) they decide to turn against belief and start hoaxing videos in aims of cheap amusement or the truly sad part making easy money conning other believers like us out of our hard earned money. Its lame and over-rated and someone needs to be blunt rash and just get in the face of known hoaxers who keep producing these types of bull and scare them normal. Blantly be rude disrespectful and let them know there wrong, and im not talking about the random youtube hoaxer no one will ever meet im talkin about known hoaxers ( you guys know who they are) and really express how they make you feel outside these little verbal confrontations im not talking beat the sh!t out of these guys but get in there face video tape it post it on sites alike and get the word out about these no good nancy's maybe its the vodka but this just reminds me of 3-4 other guys that really piss me off.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
S / F from me, great thread and nice research, his centre of the universe is Oregon.

Well done OP, and Dave Masko..this is you life.

Bahahahaha!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Thanks for the tread op!

Can I ask you a favor and write a similar one concerning a kid and a blow up alien doll that keeps coming to visit him in the backyard of his house?

Blow up alien doll

Hey i'll do the thread about that Alex kid from Australia. I've got his joke figured out & he runs away everytime he makes a new thread and I start asking him questions....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Thanks for the tread op!

Blow up alien doll

Hey i'll do the thread about that Alex kid from Australia. I've got his joke figured out & he runs away everytime he makes a new thread and I start asking him questions....

Sorry FoxfilesMulder, I had a brief look at that thread but it was long and I thought it had been pretty much debunked, I don't thin I've got the time to unravel that one. If Ziggy has it figured out then he's the guy to do it.

Brainbeat - I love this suggestion, "lol post a host alien story same site he does, say that you seen thousands of him on a ship or somet".

Maybe we don't even need the ships, just thousands of Dave Maskos floating about in the sky, verified by anonymous experts in Oregon

It would actually be quite fun to see if I could write an article using the same tactics....but then that might make me sneaky and underhand too.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

star and flag to you sir. i was about to click on the very thread he must have created as it sounded so sensational, now i won't. thanks.

out the idiots.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good thread, the guy does look a little suspicious. However ...

The guys name is Dave Masko and he submits articles to www.huliq.com. I must point out that it seems anyone can submit to this site. It's a blog site not a news agency.

I just registered with Huliq to see if anyone with an account could author an article. Digging through the menus there weren't any options to self-publish. The 'about page' states,

The news is reported and maintained by our Huliq editors and HULIQ reporting team. Currently HULIQ has 16 reporters and 3 editors that work at our news-desk daily and they can be easily contacted.
www.huliq.com...

Also a several people have commented on their their personal blogs that the owner of Hareyan Publishing, LLC is personally contacting authors to ask them to write articles for his publishing company.

writemoms.blogspot.com...
Has Anyone Else Been Contacted by Huliq.com?

I recently received this e-mail (below) from a company called Huliq. After receiving it, I scanned the internet to see what other people were saying about it. I didn't find any positive reviews on writing for Huliq - and since it doesn't sound interesting to me I won' t be replying. However, I was wondering if any of you received this e-mail too or have in the past. Sounds like this is the way they find writers. If anyone reading this blog writes for Huliq.com - would love to hear your opinion on it.

Hello Deanna,

This is Armen Hareyan writing from Hareyan Publishing, LLC.

I read your stories online and would like to ask if you may be interested in covering news for www.huliq.com. While you already write for a another news website, you will notice that similar online news websites have an overabundance of writers, diluting your opportunities. At Huliq, you can be on the ground floor of an opportunity.

At Huliq, we can guarantee that we will never have more than 30 writers in the next few years, ensuring you a great opportunity to grow your presence and readership online.

We have very flexible options, get nearly 1-2 million pageviews a month and have been online since 2006, having good presence in Google News. You can cover basically any topic you want as long as you are the first one to reserve it in our Writer's Forum. Our pay options are very transparent, based on the numbers that Google Analytics provide, and we pay on global traffic. Our reporters get live access to Google Analytics and Huliq pays them based on the pageviews that Google Analytics provides. If you are interested in writing for Huliq.com, please let us know and we will give you more information. Huliq is also indexed by Google News.

Thank you
Armen Hareyan
Hareyan Publishing, LLC
4128 2nd St. NW
Hickory, NC 28601

So it might just be that the owner happened to bring someone on-board with a penchant for stretching the facts.

As far as ...

The title includes the words 'secret British alien report files '. - Well I'm sorry Dave but the British MOD have never released files about aliens have they? That would be pretty much game over in the disclosure stakes and us UFO nuts here on ATS would already have heard about it

More than likely Mr. Masko is again distorting the truth probably in reference to the documentation released online through the MOD at ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk... . There are very few cases in the archives that discuss "aliens." The majority of accounts involve misidentifications and the occasional sighting of something anomalous enough to be characterized as a UFO. So I agree with your assessment that the guy doesn't pass the sniff test, but that's no reason to rake other people through the mud by association.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I just don't grt why people feel the need to do this. There are people such as ourselves who have a genuine interest in these subjects, some seem to think it's funny to poke fun at it! If you want to present a reasonable view or argument fine EVEN IF ITS OPPOSING. But, at least have the guts to do that instead of faking it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
These kind of sensational stories are growing tired. I never understood the reason to spread disinformation about UFOs because it totally discredits the subject in every way. Over the years I have been tempted to do the same and tell some outlandish story and try to make a buck off of it but I know that would be wrong.

<<   2 >>

join